Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 30-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Master
The government does not need Mind Control via TV while the channels show mind-rotting **** like X-Factor, Big Brother, and Soaps ! Anyway, I only watch BBC for it's advert-free programming and, of course, the living god of television, David Attenborough.
Old 30-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Guide
I used to like The Simpsons more than I do now. But just recently I watched the season premier and was so disappointed I decided that I can live without this show. I'm looking forward to the Halloween episodes tomorrow night though.

But the truth is Fox even admits to inserting messages into their shows. They spin it like it's a good thing but it goes to show that the writers are getting direction from the top down. The same is true with all of the major media conglomerates and ultimately they all answer to the same conspirators.
Old 30-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Master
I don't have tv at my house any more - we watch movies and such but I cancelled the satellite and haven't missed it, except for some of the better documentary shows and cooking shows. But even those, it's just a passing thought.

Old 30-10-2010, 11:59 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
I don't have tv at my house any more - we watch movies and such but I cancelled the satellite and haven't missed it, except for some of the better documentary shows and cooking shows. But even those, it's just a passing thought.

Very wise you are... there's more than one person living under my roof, and not all agree! Maybe some day soon I can convince them to do away with it. I saw a great bumper sticker the other day. It said, "Kill all T.V.'s!"
Old 31-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
we watch movies and such but I cancelled the satellite and haven't missed it
I haven't completely cut the cord. I got rid of satellite about a year and a half ago and haven't missed it at all but I started Netflix. So when I get the itch I still have "tv".

I surprised myself when I quit listening to NPR (National Public Radio). I was a junky for years but decided they're really like all the rest. I haven't missed it either.
Old 31-10-2010, 11:50 PM
AnnoyingPony

I don't watch TV. Why would I stay up until 11 to watch my favorite anime when I can watch all my favorite shows whenever I want online for free?
Old 01-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Deactivated Account
I have a Tv but only very rarely watch it. When I do I only watch nature and science documentaries (such as The Universe). Nat Geo and Eden are really the only channels I watch. I can't stand soaps and pretty much everything contains unnecessary violence, drama and suffering. A few years ago I watched part of an episode of Casualty and I felt physcially ill, not due to any blood (didn't see any), but the negativity of it all. I felt disturbed on a very deep level. It is the same when I read particular sorts of books.

My son is autistic and doesn't watch any TV at all. If I didn't love nature and science shows so much I would be well rid!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Ladofthelight

I no longer watch TV.

I have a TV just so I can put on the occasional commedic movie when 3D gets too boring for me.

Question is though...

How many supplant TV time for internet time? Regardless of frequency control, time spent in front of a computer and not with those we love could have similar effects. Not saying anything is "bad", just bring to light that the "influences" are in great abundance all around us.

Of course there is no "right way" to go about anything.

Personally, I am very uncomfortable with TV, as well as cell phones. They make me agitated and give me a headache.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Ladofthelight

In progress,

I commend you for turning away from NPR!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Guide
I spend a lot of time watching Youtube. Not those awful featured videos or anything like that, just stuff I like. But I live alone.

Cellphones are known to be a health hazard. They emit high power microwave radiation that goes right into your brain when you hold them next to your ear. People shouldn't talk on cell phones.

Televisions can also emit radiation depending on your set up. If you have satellite TV, satellite dishes also emit high power radiation. You don't want to have your dish near your bedroom or living areas. TVs themselves are also known to emit radiation. But this can vary a lot depending on the type of TV.