Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello Keiko

I often feel it is though that wishful thinkiing that the connections are truly made. It takes energy to have Spirits come to us. How that works I am not fully sure. For me its a vibration and at times a stepping from me I feel but then I am so used to feeling that. What tells the most is a sudden shiver where the hair stands up on one's arm (s) for no apparent reason as one does not have the sensation of being statled.

Looking back to me Dad's passing he was admitted and he requested we go home, so we did. I remember feeling him come to me when he left, but it was two hours later the phone rang. I said to the Dr his actual time of death was....and him going yes, but we have the oath to keep trying things. I went though all those wishful thinking emotions and all the other's that come with such a loss. Adding to it the planning of a wedding it was a very stressful time already.

What I do know is that our LOved one's flow in and out to us, but its not a long contact we have. I spent way longer with spirts that I have no connections to. Again I am not sure why, maybe its because we will meet up with them again when our time comes.

Its important to share and it helps with the grief we feel even year's later a times. Remembering plans in the making that never came to be but knowing it was the right path and a higer power controlled that .

Me Dad always said we have a set number of minutes and when our number is called off we go. There is no deals to be made it simply is. I think that is why he went so with ease even though they kept workin on him.

Lynn

-------------------

Lynn, I agree with that.....I think that wishful thinking/imagination leads to actual vizualization or visions.....it works also when you are imagining a conversation with them, and suddenly answers and solutions are popping telepathically into your mind....... I also believe that we came here with a "Life Plan" which includes when we are going Home and that sub or super-consiously we know this....
Old 12-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
I also believe that we came here with a "Life Plan" which includes when we are going Home and that sub or super-consiously we know this....

Ya, exactly! So no one is going to hurt us or cause our death unless is it thoroughly agreed to by all involved. So we can all relax. Don't have to be careless but we can relax!

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 13-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
---------------------------------------------------

Keiko, never doubt the Afterlife...It is real and it is Home.....I like to think of those body vibrations as a big loving hug.....but I get the flickering lights, the pennies, the songs, my hawk, hummingbirds, butterflys, and so much more...I believe that they are always around us, just having more energy with them when they want to connect, or we really, really need them to be there for us......I have also had the falling pictures, the pictures that get crooked
for no reason, the tv changing channels on its own and so many that I can't even remember them all.......they really don't "go" anywhere, they just transition to another vibration, IMO......

thanks juanita, ive got a friend whos had photos move ,

- now they are the signs that i cant actually doubt. my imagination cannot move a picture off the wall, or completely move an object from one place to another so i would love something like that to happen.
your really lucky you have had alsorts of experiences.
Old 14-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko
thanks juanita, ive got a friend whos had photos move ,

- now they are the signs that i cant actually doubt. my imagination cannot move a picture off the wall, or completely move an object from one place to another so i would love something like that to happen.
your really lucky you have had alsorts of experiences.
---------

It's not really luck, but my absolute conviction that they remain close to me always and I have come to "expect" a sign or two from them, and so am always "aware" ....I don't believe in coincidence, so that makes them pretty easy to spot.....
Old 15-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Experiencer

I'm very sorry for your loss, Keiko. I've lost both my parents, all my grandparents, and my wife, so I understand.

Yes, spirits tell us that there are healing places in the next world: not so much to heal us of physical injuries as to help spirits adapt to the new life.

As far as signs: these can be very subtle. One day not long ago, a flower from my wife's funeral bouquet fell to the floor from the cross over the door where I'd placed it. A few hours later, a book fell off the shelf, for no apparent reason, and out spilled photos of her, her daughter, and her granddaughter, as little girls. Signs? Quite likely so.

Is there a Spiritualist church in your area? If like me you live in the US: we don't have a lot of them here. But if you can, I'd advise you to get in touch with one and attend a service there.

You also must realize that contact between our worlds is possible, and happens all the time, yet it's not like communication within our world.

Jim
Old 15-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Pathfinder
Hi Left Behind,

im sorry for your losses too, my dad is my first loss so how others cope when they have lost so much i will never know. Thank you for your kind message though.

I live in England and yes i have been to a spirit church before on a few occasions. Not for myself i went to accompany my friend who lost her brother, so having never lost anyone myself i never went expecting any messages. Ive not been back though since i lost my Dad, i will do but i dont want to go with expectations and then be disappointed. Mind the tinglings i get in the church is unbelievable. from start to beginning of the service it never stops, then as soon as i leave so does the tingling, its what i imagine is such a huge build up energy in the room. (i did post about this in a thread, ive just been in that many threads now ive got all mixed up and cant remember where ive visited )

Your signs were beautiful, i hope in time i will receive similar

Old 16-01-2012, 12:36 AM
mphysics9_81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko
Hi,

I keep hearing of this "healing place" where people go to if they suffered on earth. my question is how do we know of this place and its existence?

I lost my wonderful dad 5 short mths ago, my first loss in life, he was very poorly with cancer and the night before he died i spoke to my angels and begged for them to take him now rather than let him suffer and deteriorate further. Little did i realise they would take me at my word and i would never speak to him again ........ a few strange things happened during my little talk with the angels that night that does keep my beliefs strong, but my dad was as fascinated in the spirit world as i was and he always said if theres a way he would be back to give me a sign.

Ive never had a sign yet, and most of you will think "gees girl its only 5 months calm down" lol but ive read so many angel books and people who have died of cancer have shown up at funerals a week later a month later, i know im very impatient, but if anyone would get back with a sign it would be my dad and the longer it is i do start doubting everything which i know i shouldnt.
Can anyone offer any helpful advice, or tell me of their experiences, i would love to hear from you.

i send my dad love and light everynight hoping that this helps him progress in the spirit world, i have no idea if it works but i hope it does

thank you

Keiko

Dear Keiko, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Words cannot express what you are going through. My dreams told me my grandmother was going to expire and she did...So, dreams might be a way of perceiving and seeing things we ordinarily might not see...Hope you get a sign soon.
Old 16-01-2012, 03:18 AM
Experiencer

Keiko, I'm glad to hear that you're in a great position so far as Spiritualist churches are concerned! And you have the right attitude. DON'T go with the idea that you'll receive a message that day. You may. You may not.

I never was interested in any of this until my wife died in July 2010. One thing lead to another. First I started looking into the near-death phenomenon: then into Spiritualism. I've never been able to get a real, personal reading, but a UK friend did a couple of them for me, remotely, as much for the experience of trying to do them from a distance as anything else.

Most of what he received was, to me, gibberish, or messages intended for someone else. But he did supply me with some good, solid evidence, about/from my wife and some other people - information that he could not possibly have gotten from the internet or from me - that was QUITE evidential. I don't say, "conclusive proof ", but "quite evidential".

Also: for me at least, Spiritualism has ceased to be primarily about receiving messages from/about my wife, and more about the afterlife, as such. Maybe it will work that way for you, too.

Also, even if you don't receive a message from your father, a study of Spiritualism will reveal the many messages so very many people have received in the past. Many of these people started off as skeptics but became ardent believers. Is there any reason to suspect that your father, my relatives, are not enjoying a happy afterlife as well?

Otherwise: people ask me sometimes if "it gets better over time". My answer, as time has gone by, is that IT doesn't get better - your loved one(s) are still gone - but YOU get better, in that you get stronger and better able to handle the loss.

It also helps to do something in your loved one's memory. I started a book trust at my wife's college, had a bike rack installed in her memory outside our church, and am having a small monument erected on her college's grounds (she was a Professor of English).

Jim
Old 16-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Keiko, I'm glad to hear that you're in a great position so far as Spiritualist churches are concerned! And you have the right attitude. DON'T go with the idea that you'll receive a message that day. You may. You may not.

I never was interested in any of this until my wife died in July 2010. One thing lead to another. First I started looking into the near-death phenomenon: then into Spiritualism. I've never been able to get a real, personal reading, but a UK friend did a couple of them for me, remotely, as much for the experience of trying to do them from a distance as anything else.

Most of what he received was, to me, gibberish, or messages intended for someone else. But he did supply me with some good, solid evidence, about/from my wife and some other people - information that he could not possibly have gotten from the internet or from me - that was QUITE evidential. I don't say, "conclusive proof ", but "quite evidential".

Also: for me at least, Spiritualism has ceased to be primarily about receiving messages from/about my wife, and more about the afterlife, as such. Maybe it will work that way for you, too.

Also, even if you don't receive a message from your father, a study of Spiritualism will reveal the many messages so very many people have received in the past. Many of these people started off as skeptics but became ardent believers. Is there any reason to suspect that your father, my relatives, are not enjoying a happy afterlife as well?

Otherwise: people ask me sometimes if "it gets better over time". My answer, as time has gone by, is that IT doesn't get better - your loved one(s) are still gone - but YOU get better, in that you get stronger and better able to handle the loss.

It also helps to do something in your loved one's memory. I started a book trust at my wife's college, had a bike rack installed in her memory outside our church, and am having a small monument erected on her college's grounds (she was a Professor of English).

Jim

you couldnt of said that better and thats exactly what i think too. yes i miss him every single day but i know in my heart that he died with most of his dignity and had his illness dragged out for months it would of been heart wrenching to watch, he was taken quickly 3 mths since his diagnosis and i think because we expected at least 6 that was the shock of it all but i spent as much time with him as i could from the moment i found out he was ill, i have few regrets, obviously a few cause you cant help the "What if" questions, but hes at peace now in a better place i know that, and after 8 months of feeling utterly miserable i said to myself enough was enough its christmas my child needs a happy atmosphere and its time to focus on the good things in life and have a happier 2012! but you are bang on right, its about you/me and everyone healing after the loss because as much as i dont think anyone does get over a loss its the way you deal with it and continue your life. mind its alright me saying all this on here if anything happened to my child i cant imagine ever healing from that and i my heart goes out to everyone who has lost a child. i just think im lucky enough to have enjoyed over 30 wonderful years with my dad which is alot more than some people get with theirs so you have to be grateful for the blessings you do get in life
Old 16-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Experiencer

You are definitely walking on the best path, Keiko! Learn more, be optimistic, live the life you are meant to live with your child, and have faith - not blind faith, but realistic faith - that ultimately, our destinies are intended for good, and guided by a God who knows better than we do.

Please keep me in your prayers, as I will keep you in mine.

Jim