Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 31-12-2013, 06:15 AM
Mazulu

Enjoy spirituality while you can. Enjoy the subjective nature of the spiritual world while you can. Because as soon as you start to learn too much science, and the causal nature of physical reality, spirituality goes away. At least it has for me.
Old 31-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Niebla0007

So, out of this line of thinking about all people who doesn't believe in spirituality,
who are quick to judge that the ones seeing spirits are schizos or something,
would they say the same thing to animals who happens to get to feel and see these beings, too?

Or is it simply that they simply don't believe anything their eyes can't see, like
radiation?

Just because something is invisible, it doesn't prove it doesn't exist.
Old 31-12-2013, 08:40 AM
InCarna

Well I can't really speak much from the viewpoint of a "spiritual" person. I have no religion. I cling to no gods. I seek no enlightenment. I am only a practical magic-user. I think someone called me an 'eclectic witch' recently. Sure, whatever. I sought answers from spirituality because I was born with weird abilities and wanted to find out what was going on with me and what I should maybe do with it. So I'm not really very spiritual, exactly.

But from the standpoint of a Seer and projector and magic user and whatever else - whenever I see a skeptic flapping their jaws about how I don't exist, I can't resist the evil grin that paints itself on my face. I always just want to say: "Ohhh yes, please continue thinking I don't exist! It means I can go on using magic while noooobody knows it's me. Mwahahahaha!"

But seriously you have no idea how much fun I've had with skeptics in the past. I love skeptics. They're always terrified when they see it with their own eyes. It's hilarious!

I hope science never finds us out! I'm quite happy being secret magic lady.
Old 31-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebla0007
So, out of this line of thinking about all people who doesn't believe in spirituality,
would they say the same thing to animals who happens to get to feel and see these beings, too?

Or is it simply that they simply don't believe anything their eyes can't see, like
radiation?

I don't judge you. I only regret that science is to blame.
Old 31-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebla0007

radiation?

Works both ways, like tribal societies would think their illnesses were caused by 'bad spirits', and then scientists found a cause like a bacteria or a deficiency in nutrients perhaps... and it wasn't 'bad spirits' at all.

We don't assert that the tribesmen are schizos, even though they are inventing delusions to explain illness, we just say they are superstitious.

We have ignorant people on one hand, and superstitious people on the other hand... and we also have schizophrenics, too.
Old 31-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazulu
Enjoy spirituality while you can. Enjoy the subjective nature of the spiritual world while you can. Because as soon as you start to learn too much science, and the causal nature of physical reality, spirituality goes away. At least it has for me.

Assume that spiritual = random. There is lots of randomness/spirituality at the quantum level. Complicated and chaotic systems like brains might allow this microscopic spiritual input to trickle-up to the level of human perceptions. However, scientific education might train the student's brain to be less chaotic and therefore less receptive to the microscopic spirituality within.

This could also explain the similarity between psychosis and spiritual experiences. A mentally unstable brain might be more receptive whereas a mentally balanced brain trained to think rationally might be more like clockwork.

EDIT: In other words, maybe certain activities like art, meditation, etc. would help to balance the scientific training and restore your spirituality.
Old 31-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Master
you can use science as a tool for exploration while also knowing that science isn't the be all and end all of "knowledge". shamans w/ their herbs, masks and rattles were the precursors to modern medicine and wizards working alchemy were the precursors to modern chemistry. who knows what today's wackadoodle spiritual folks and assorted "psychotics" are precursor to?

there's a fine line between madness and genius.
http://www.livescience.com/20713-gen...connected.html
Old 31-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall-sky
Assume that spiritual = random. There is lots of randomness/spirituality at the quantum level. Complicated and chaotic systems like brains might allow this microscopic spiritual input to trickle-up to the level of human perceptions. However, scientific education might train the student's brain to be less chaotic and therefore less receptive to the microscopic spirituality within.

This could also explain the similarity between psychosis and spiritual experiences. A mentally unstable brain might be more receptive whereas a mentally balanced brain trained to think rationally might be more like clockwork.

EDIT: In other words, maybe certain activities like art, meditation, etc. would help to balance the scientific training and restore your spirituality.

I agree that quantum randomness is the closest thing we have to a soul. But that's equivalent to saying that we don't have a soul. But how would you like to bond very deeply, very emotionally, to spirits, to ascended masters, only to find out that they do not exist, never have existed? It's as if love and light and healing are gone, are unrecoverable.
Old 31-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
I don't judge you. I only regret that science is to blame.

Science is to blame for the way you choose to see the world?

This is one of the 'problems' that society has, always blaming external 'things'. The only person to ever blame for anything that occurs in your life is your self. Period. You will never have control over what happens and you will never ever ever be able to explain how things happen. Only how they happened.

Quantum Physics has proven that most of what we know to be 'reality', cannot be seen. Visible light is only a fraction of the entire spectrum. It is not Science that limits us, but our understanding of it. Science can explain why the toaster electrocuted and killed the person in the bath, but it cannot explain why the other person chose to throw it in there. Science by itself is just another 'belief system'. By that I mean, you can have all the knowledge in the world, on everything, but if you lack the understanding it will be completely useless to you.

I see Science as the left brain and Spirituality as the right brain. Like there is duality throughout this dimension. When we are balanced, it allows us to transcend and go beyond 'left and right', and reach an entirely new point of view, a new way of experiencing 'reality'. Science has done wonderful things for us, but it could do so much more, if we allowed it to.

Just my thoughts.

<3
Old 31-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Master
Quote:
I agree that quantum randomness is the closest thing we have to a soul. But that's equivalent to saying that we don't have a soul. But how would you like to bond very deeply, very emotionally, to spirits, to ascended masters, only to find out that they do not exist, never have existed? It's as if love and light and healing are gone, are unrecoverable.

i have to wonder why one would seek to qualify and quantify the essence of selfhood. do you feel that large quantities of chocolate is equative to Love, since both Love and large quantities of chocolate produce similar chemical reactions in the brain?