Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 20-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Council Of Nine
This is how the confederation of planets feel about our scientists.

We of the Confederation of Planets in the Service of the infinite Creator are living as closely to the plan as we possibly can. We do this because we know it to be the only logical and rational way of living; to divorce yourself from the plan is only to confound the true workings of nature. Your people at present are totally unaware of such a plan. Your scientists ignore it. They are extremely interested in plans of their own. Unfortunately, their plans do not follow the plan of the Creator. Therefore, they waste much of their time and energy, and build devices that have no real valuable purpose. They are transient, I can assure you.

Your scientists should realize that there is a purpose to the creation that far surpasses what they suspect. They should avail themselves to the purpose in meditation. Then they would find that they would begin to understand the plan, and thereby they would be able to use their knowledge to build within the plan, not as they do now with no heed at all to the truth, and with plans of their own which have no relationship to truth.

Appreciate your input Cof9...so I would have thought our world is as it should be in the grand scheme of things?
Old 20-08-2011, 10:38 AM
glenos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
too true glenos. But is science leading the way, or are we putting our eggs in other baskets?

Science is becoming the work of the "Devil". They are delving so far into nature that they are now begining to control it. I have been instrumental in a TV prog and a book by a leading scientist who studies nematodes and how they 'carry on'. This information is being used as a template as to how we as humans interact with eachother. Therefore they are learning 'control'. I feel sick that I have been part of this. We need us lot, yes you who are reading this, to spread the word of love and that of spirit and not of those who are trying to play God. Believe me we are on the road to oblivion of the human soul and how it manifests itself on earth. Maan, if I had my time again.....

G
Old 20-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
Science is becoming the work of the "Devil". They are delving so far into nature that they are now begining to control it. I have been instrumental in a TV prog and a book by a leading scientist who studies nematodes and how they 'carry on'. This information is being used as a template as to how we as humans interact with eachother. Therefore they are learning 'control'. I feel sick that I have been part of this. We need us lot, yes you who are reading this, to spread the word of love and that of spirit and not of those who are trying to play God. Believe me we are on the road to oblivion of the human soul and how it manifests itself on earth. maan, if I had my time again.....

G

ahhh...i see a full swing there then glenos. Could you not use this then for a pointer to where we don't want to go? I mean, how can we decide without first dipping the toe?
Old 20-08-2011, 10:43 AM
glenos

It's too far seated within our psych to go back now. Mans quest for knowledge is paid for by vested interest, how do you think all this research is paid for?

G
Old 20-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Council Of Nine

I feel that the problem with our science is that it lacks the content to accurately describe the reality of our existence.
Metaphysics and indeed quantum physics are just beginning to scratch the surface of the truth.

Even astrophysics and cosmology are grasping at straws to correctly describe the events of the universe, and from what I understand they are far from the truth. The thing that annoys me is that there are people who are close to the truth who are ignored because the bulk of these scientists do not agree, maybe they should pull their heads out of their a$$'s and broaden their outlook.
Old 20-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Master
of course glenos and that's part of the reason for my starting this thread in the first place.
Old 20-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Council Of Nine
I feel that the problem with our science is that it lacks the content to accurately describe the reality of our existence.
Metaphysics and indeed quantum physics are just beginning to scratch the surface of the truth.

Then maybe not human is right in quantum opening new opportunities. We can only begin somewhere in this 3D world of ours.
Old 20-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Topology

There is a difference between Science, the idealized method of inquiry into the truth of reality, and the Culture and Mindset of the Scientific Community. The sad truth of it is that within the Scientific Community there is a dogma.

The product of inquiry, any kind of inquiry, is belief. It is the process of inquiring that has brought you too that belief. The issue at hand is that the body of knowledge generated by Scientific Inquiry is so vast that we are not really able to repeat every experiment on a personal level to verify it. The Scientific Community would have us accept the beliefs without performing the inquiry. And at this level Science becomes Dogma with the pushers of Science as the priests.

The Science Purists hate to see scientific theory being used to justify spiritual beliefs and cry foul for violating the principle of non-overlapping magisteria (NOMA). While being a spiritual person, I'm actually very sympathetic to this concern. I don't think we should be using or have to use scientific theory to justify our very real experiences. When two people meet and develop a telepathic relationship, do we really need to call it quantum entanglement? As metaphor it works, but the scientific purist would have a conniption because its extrapolating too much and it pollutes the ordinary mind with a misunderstanding of how the scientist thinks about reality.

So, I'm in the strange position of being a Scientific Purist, yet deeply spiritual but think NOMA is a load of ****.

Here is my proposal for what should be taught ahead of science: We should be teaching Philosophy. The principles of investigation, not just into physical phenomena but all phenomena. We should be teaching how to develop sound reasoning and sound theories. We are not just physical beings. If we empower each of our students with the ability to explore and experiment within their own life into all aspects of their life, then we will have instilled the Scientific Spirit into the mind. People should forever be free to form whatever belief their experience and understanding lead them to, but they need to be empowered with understanding the nature of belief, nature of investigation and the pitfalls along the way. Science (the community) must accept that the physical is just physical and that there are realms of subjective experience that could be explored in a scientific way, energy, emotion, identity, etc. Psychology and Sociology don't get as much respect because they're not deconstructing the underpinnings of the physical world.

The other problem with the Scientific Community is that advancement in thought occurs as fast as the old and ardent die off.

In sum, we need to be teaching the principles of investigation and development of good theory before we tell people what to believe about reality. The world would be a very different place if we didn't form definite beliefs until we were 50.
Old 20-08-2011, 11:01 AM
glenos

There's an unspoken phrase in 'deep' science that doesn't get spoken of.. it's called "The calculated fiddle factor'. The times this is used is mind boggling. Where this leads us to is as far as your imagination can go.

G
Old 20-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
There is a difference between Science, the idealized method of inquiry into the truth of reality, and the Culture and Mindset of the Scientific Community. The sad truth of it is that within the Scientific Community there is a dogma.

The product of inquiry, any kind of inquiry, is belief. It is the process of inquiring that has brought you too that belief. The issue at hand is that the body of knowledge generated by Scientific Inquiry is so vast that we are not really able to repeat every experiment on a personal level to verify it. The Scientific Community would have us accept the beliefs without performing the inquiry. And at this level Science becomes Dogma with the pushers of Science as the priests.

The Science Purists hate to see scientific theory being used to justify spiritual beliefs and cry foul for violating the principle of non-overlapping magisteria (NOMA). While being a spiritual person, I'm actually very sympathetic to this concern. I don't think we should be using or have to use scientific theory to justify our very real experiences. When two people meet and develop a telepathic relationship, do we really need to call it quantum entanglement? As metaphor it works, but the scientific purist would have a conniption because its extrapolating too much and it pollutes the ordinary mind with a misunderstanding of how the scientist thinks about reality.

So, I'm in the strange position of being a Scientific Purist, yet deeply spiritual but think NOMA is a load of ****.

Here is my proposal for what should be taught ahead of science: We should be teaching Philosophy. The principles of investigation, not just into physical phenomena but all phenomena. We should be teaching how to develop sound reasoning and sound theories. We are not just physical beings. If we empower each of our students with the ability to explore and experiment within their own life into all aspects of their life, then we will have instilled the Scientific Spirit into the mind. People should forever be free to form whatever belief their experience and understanding lead them to, but they need to be empowered with understanding the nature of belief, nature of investigation and the pitfalls along the way. Science (the community) must accept that the physical is just physical and that there are realms of subjective experience that could be explored in a scientific way, energy, emotion, identity, etc. Psychology and Sociology don't get as much respect because they're not deconstructing the underpinnings of the physical world.

The other problem with the Scientific Community is that advancement in thought occurs as fast as the old and ardent die off.

In sum, we need to be teaching the principles of investigation and development of good theory before we tell people what to believe about reality. The world would be a very different place if we didn't form definite beliefs until we were 50.

I think this is where science has isolated or distanced itself from the people Top. And perhaps is one good reason why people are moving away from it as their leading star. I see a lot of branches of science and research now reaching into payoff schemes as well...I'll pay you to research this for me and present a good argument for me, type thing. These are the aspects of research that are in ones face and very misleading. Could be a good reason why we are losing faith in science. But true science is still desired in our world.