Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 23-04-2018, 03:15 PM
Pathfinder
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Om Shanti to you as well.

I'm glad this worked out, as it did and we both can appreciate each other's perspectives now.

For you see, I have studied the Bhagavad Gita in the whole context of the Mahabharata - of which the Bhagavad Gita forms only the smallest fraction...and of course, I've also studied the Ramayana, the Bhagavatam, the Puranas, the Vedas, the Agamas and the Upanishads......not to boast or anything, of course...just to let you know...and to let you know I'm also a purohit who lives and breathes this glorious religion and so, as per your request, I shall happily share this knowledge with you as the need arises, because it is not mine...it belongs to Valmiki, Tulsidas, Shankara, Sanjaya, Yâgñavalkya etc etc.

यो मां पश्यति सर्वत्र सर्वं च मयि पश्यति |
तस्याहं न प्रणश्यामि स च मे न प्रणश्यति || 30||

yo māṁ paśhyati sarvatra sarvaṁ cha mayi paśhyati
tasyāhaṁ na praṇaśhyāmi sa cha me na praṇaśhyati

I really like that picture you posted as well.

I'm glad this worked out,
Let God lead us,
He's the Truth with no doubt,
Let Krishna with His blessing feed us,

What does Shivani Devi mean ?
I wanna know!
I'm glad I have you seen,
Now, to the temple I must go;

p.s. about the picture- body language says more than words.
Old 23-04-2018, 06:30 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheart
Hello,

I used to chant "Hare Krishna Hare Krishna..." and it was giving me a great joy;

What do you thing I should do ?

I was listening to a recording of a Satsang with Shantimayi just now.
Someone asked her why some "spiritual" experiences were profound and how to deal with mundane life around those..(I am paraphrasing here)
She answered that we get some nuggets of truth sometimes. We may never get them again, but we were given a glimpse of what we need to bring to life.

So that's what's needed.

With Love
Eelco
Old 23-04-2018, 06:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello,

I used to chant "Hare Krishna Hare Krishna..." and it was giving me a great joy; at some point I stopped practising.

Nowdays, when I chant it nothing happens. Is it possible that I have insulted Krishna, He doesn't respond to my prayers.

What do you thing I should do ?

When you do the same thing over and over it's effect diminishes due to adaption.

If you want a new effect you need to do something differently. This could mean you say the same words, but you focus your attention somewhere else.

A good one to do is to become aware of everything. The trick with this is you can't get caught up in one thing because there is an infinite stream of things coming up. You simply change your awareness from a focused point to being equally aware of everything, and when something interesting comes up you need to not focus on it or the next interesting thing wont come up.
Old 23-04-2018, 07:01 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
I was listening to a recording of a Satsang with Shantimayi just now.
Someone asked her why some "spiritual" experiences were profound and how to deal with mundane life around those..(I am paraphrasing here)
She answered that we get some nuggets of truth sometimes. We may never get them again, but we were given a glimpse of what we need to bring to life.

So that's what's needed.

With Love
Eelco

I guess we should appreciate the "nuggets". It is something! Have you happened to rediscover something; then to get deeper realization about it ? Sometimes the glimpse is just the start...later on there might be more or there might be not...

p.s. sometimes I can't translate properly so if my post doesn't relate to yours it is becauuse

my english is not so the-best & I haven't understood you correctly.

Om!
Old 23-04-2018, 07:11 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
When you do the same thing over and over it's effect diminishes due to adaption.

If you want a new effect you need to do something differently. This could mean you say the same words, but you focus your attention somewhere else.

A good one to do is to become aware of everything. The trick with this is you can't get caught up in one thing because there is an infinite stream of things coming up. You simply change your awareness from a focused point to being equally aware of everything, and when something interesting comes up you need to not focus on it or the next interesting thing wont come up.

This is interesting. Quite true! This diminishing effect has appeared in different areas of my life actually. Thanks!
Old 23-04-2018, 07:13 PM
Pathfinder
I tried to walk on the christian path & it got me nowhere. I guess there are different roads for different people; just saying.
Old 23-04-2018, 11:18 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm glad this worked out,
Let God lead us,
He's the Truth with no doubt,
Let Krishna with His blessing feed us,

What does Shivani Devi mean ?
I wanna know!
I'm glad I have you seen,
Now, to the temple I must go;

p.s. about the picture- body language says more than words.
Namaste.

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, but I live in Australia and it was getting late and I needed to sleep.

I grew up in Bali, Indonesia which is a Hindu island, but it is a different form of Hinduism to that practiced in India...I was known as Ciwani Dewi.

Dewi or Devi is the female form of Deva, which means "shining one" or any kind of spiritual being on a higher plane...and it is used as a term of both endearment and respect.

Ciwani or Shivani is also feminine and it means "of Shiva" or "the female manifestation of Shiva" or "the essence of/beloved of Shiva"...it is more an inference over having any literal meaning.

So, Shivani Devi means a woman who is filled with the light/essence of Shiva..

I also like what Shivatar stated about adaption and needing to change and spice up the routine, or approach it from a different angle and with new/fresh eyes.

What country are you from, by the way?

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 24-04-2018, 12:39 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Namaste.

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, but I live in Australia and it was getting late and I needed to sleep.

I grew up in Bali, Indonesia which is a Hindu island, but it is a different form of Hinduism to that practiced in India...I was known as Ciwani Dewi.

Dewi or Devi is the female form of Deva, which means "shining one" or any kind of spiritual being on a higher plane...and it is used as a term of both endearment and respect.

Ciwani or Shivani is also feminine and it means "of Shiva" or "the female manifestation of Shiva" or "the essence of/beloved of Shiva"...it is more an inference over having any literal meaning.

So, Shivani Devi means a woman who is filled with the light/essence of Shiva..

I also like what Shivatar stated about adaption and needing to change and spice up the routine, or approach it from a different angle and with new/fresh eyes.

What country are you from, by the way?

Om Namah Shivaya

Hi Shivani Devi,

I'm from Europe, the Balcans...Here, when the word "Krishna" appears, soo many people think it is some kind of an evil sect that will destroy you.. Unbelievable!

Ofcourse, there are communities with devotees, but not many...I only have one friend who is a follower.

You know, the thing is that I turned my back to Krishna & went christian for nearly 2-3 years; it was a mistake, this is why my fate dropped, it didn't feel right for me to be on that road. (I am not trying to speak against christianity !).

When I try to focus on how I feel, deep inside this religion feels very, very distant to me; at the same time, I feel so naturally...affected by Krishna, He really is "One who affects". I also like the Indian culture.

About "changing the angle" I think it is a good idea, I should do something for Him. What do you think ?
Old 24-04-2018, 01:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi Shivani Devi,

I'm from Europe, the Balcans...Here, when the word "Krishna" appears, soo many people think it is some kind of an evil sect that will destroy you.. Unbelievable!

Ofcourse, there are communities with devotees, but not many...I only have one friend who is a follower.

You know, the thing is that I turned my back to Krishna & went christian for nearly 2-3 years; it was a mistake, this is why my fate dropped, it didn't feel right for me to be on that road. (I am not trying to speak against christianity !).

When I try to focus on how I feel, deep inside this religion feels very, very distant to me; at the same time, I feel so naturally...affected by Krishna, He really is "One who affects". I also like the Indian culture.

About "changing the angle" I think it is a good idea, I should do something for Him. What do you think ?
Thank you for letting me know.

Once you have tasted Hinduism, it's really hard to develop a taste for any other religion...the difference between religions, is that Christianity says "repent, you're a sinner" whilst Hinduism says "awaken, you're divine". Can't really compare the two on any level, but you know in your heart what you are...how it is.

Even to many Krishna followers (who have been influenced by Christianity), they will see Lord Shiva as being 'The Devil' (when Hinduism doesn't really have a 'devil') but the infiltration of ideas like "follow us, or we'll lay a huge guilt trip on you" has been slowly creeping in...and Hinduism never used to be indoctrinating based on fear...but they learned through the Moghuls...they learned bad things...

In another part of the Gita, it says:
https://kids.iskcondesiretree.com/Go.../KANHA_005.pdf

In fact, if you look at things published by ISKCON online, they will help you foster bhakti and give you more ideas...and when they call Lord Shiva a "Devil"...I always go "yep, but I love Him anyway".

There are certain things that another person cannot make you 'unfeel'...no matter what they do...and that's how you know you're in love and that's how you know it is a 'karmic thing'.
Old 24-04-2018, 06:37 AM
Pathfinder
Fish

Quote:
Thank you for letting me know.

Once you have tasted Hinduism, it's really hard to develop a taste for any other religion...the difference between religions, is that Christianity says "repent, you're a sinner" whilst Hinduism says "awaken, you're divine". Can't really compare the two on any level, but you know in your heart what you are...how it is.

Even to many Krishna followers (who have been influenced by Christianity), they will see Lord Shiva as being 'The Devil' (when Hinduism doesn't really have a 'devil') but the infiltration of ideas like "follow us, or we'll lay a huge guilt trip on you" has been slowly creeping in...and Hinduism never used to be indoctrinating based on fear...but they learned through the Moghuls...they learned bad things...

In another part of the Gita, it says:
https://kids.iskcondesiretree.com/Go.../KANHA_005.pdf

In fact, if you look at things published by ISKCON online, they will help you foster bhakti and give you more ideas...and when they call Lord Shiva a "Devil"...I always go "yep, but I love Him anyway".

There are certain things that another person cannot make you 'unfeel'...no matter what they do...and that's how you know you're in love and that's how you know it is a 'karmic thing'.

Max Müller says, that if you got to know only one religion, you don't know any religion. He was very influenced by the Upanishads...I do not sorry that I got familiar with Christianity..

We're not so much big time sinners, as we are ignorant. And sin ( = "error") comes from ignorance.

Also what means a lot to me is that induism haven't built its temples over mountains of dead bodies, killed in the name of the fate (right ?). They didn't kill people.

And how is that Yogananda doesn't reject Jesus or the bible, but the ortodox reject everything hindu ?! Who is wise & who is not there ...? I shouldn't judje...

The question is, why on earth, when I sing the Maha Mantra I get tears in my eyes from time to time... ?!

My sentences мигхт seem disconnected with each other, that's because I haven't slept; i'm having tough time focusing.

p.s. Keep The Positive Vibe