Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 21-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Knower

This is so interesting! Thanks for this thread!
Old 09-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Deactivated Account
I have yet to make mine... I have a small bag which is just a gift bag, which holds a number of very precious items collected from Nature at special places, or gifts from birds and etc... but I have a beautiful piece of Deer skin which I brought from a wonderful cultural centre's shop whilst on our road trip. The museum was spectacular, the staff were really inclusive and warm, and the skin holds that energy, so i'd really like to use it for my Medicine Bag. I just have to design it to suit my needs as beautifully as i can... :)

I've seen Medicine bags created as a shaped pouch, with separate base sewn in to become a certain shape, or others which are just a simple circle with punched holes along the edge that allow it to be gathered with thonging.. I think I'd rather the second option... :)
Old 21-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Seeker
Well in my experience a Personal Medicine Bag (PMB) may have any number of things in it. At first perhaps some items of "comfort" or emotional and/or Spiritual significance. As we travel on our Spirit(ual) Journey and Learn to Listen withIN, we Grow and the contents of our PMB may change.
For mine... some days I "ask" what I need to carry along with me. White Sage, Cedar, Sweetgrass and Tobacco are generally with me at All times with perhaps a pinch of each in my PMB.
Most times different Rock People are in mine as well.
That being said, I find I more and more "carry" my personal items more in my Spirit rather than in a physical way.
I DO still carry Helpers and like I already mentioned nearly Always have White Sage, and Tobacco with me as well as some Cedar and Sweetgrass.
Great thread!!!