Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 30-06-2019, 08:05 AM
Guide

Personally, I am more like my Rising sign, Virgo.

I have Cancer sun and moon, and while I can be more emotive...it is usually during a full moon. I have also been reading in the moon phases, because working in the Imaging and ER, I've noticed more things happening, too. I don't think it's just an old superstition.

Up until about 100 years or so, people use to refer their astrological sign as their Rising sign...not their sun sign.

Cancer does somewhat describe my lessons and character within my family structure and close friends on a daily basis , but not me as a person, my interests, or how I function as a person, individually. I am health conscious, organized to a T, always cleaning things right, and a workaholic, as well as an insomniac, analytical, and can be quite nervous. One of the the first compliments I get from strangers...is how smart I am, whether that's true or not, is up for debate...lol.

I have Mercury in Leo.

I also have Venus in Leo...I spend lots of money and high quality gifts on my husband, family and friends, shower them with compliments, and probably grandize their achievements, and character. I'm very proud and loud, of all the people I love...they do get lots of affection and gifts from me...more so, than home cooked meals, and handmade items...lol, my skills on that stuff would be likened to my son's kindergarten hand painted Christmas ornaments. I'm the one who buys the gift that they actually wanted, and it will be the best quality, and style on the internet, or in the store. My niece wanted a doll for Xmas...she got 3 of them, extra clothes, food and diapers...and the most expensive. My youngest son needed braces, he got ice brackets. My sister needed a new coat, she got an expensive fur laced black puffer, with matching gloves, scarf and hat... so she looked more like a Kardashian, instead of a small hometown farmer. My oldest son who is autistic, was the nicest dressed kid in his grade, both my kids were. I want them to be proud of how they represent and carry themselves, and how they feel...I'm the same way with myself, and the rest of my family.

I don't know astrology that well, either....though, but I def see the traits in my chart.
Old 30-06-2019, 01:06 PM
Deactivated Account

Mercury rules my sun sign but my chart ruler is Venus. Which is actually the ruler of my ascendant. Some say the ascendant is more you than the sun sign. Depends on the system.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:19 AM
Ascender
The most dominant planets in my chart are moon (Aquarius), Mars (Scorpio) and Pluto (Scorpio). The most prevelant aspects in my chart are the three placements in Scorpio and three placements in Taurus. My Venus is in Aries effects my love personality heavily.

I have found getting my astrological chart done to be immensely helpful in acquiring a greater understanding of my personality. There are some really Intense and conflicting aspects within my chart which effect the way I react, behave and respond. Really delving into my chart has helped me to learn where I am not only most challenged but where I need to learn to temper myself.

I would recommend to anyone on the path of self discovery and improvment that they get there chart done. What you can potentially discover will prove to be invaluable.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:27 AM
Master
It's confusing to figure out the ''planet that rules you''..

I read that Sun is whom you are outwardly, the Moon is your emotions and your inner workings, and ascendant is how others see you..
I don't really see how the Sun is generally seen as more important than the Moon in all of this. Can anyone explain??

Old 03-07-2019, 02:00 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair

I read that Sun is whom you are outwardly, the Moon is your emotions and your inner workings, and ascendant is how others see you..
I don't really see how the Sun is generally seen as more important than the Moon in all of this. Can anyone explain??

Hi Altair, this video explains how the positions in your chart work. Link The short video was really instrumental ( and so simple) for me to understand than most random sources I come across.

The ascendant is interesting. I was messing around with my birth chart and for kicks and giggles I was changing the time of my birth. Example I was born 9:55 so I changed it 9:15. It appears the rising changes within 30-45 minutes. Everything else ( sun, moon, positions) stays the same, the only thing that changes is the Asc. How do we know the doctors are accurate with time? Do they look at the clock right when we are born? Lol What if some don't. I am just saying that because I don't identify with my rising nor the planet that 'rules' it. at all.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by clover
The ascendant is interesting. I was messing around with my birth chart and for kicks and giggles I was changing the time of my birth. Example I was born 9:55 so I changed it 9:15. It appears the rising changes within 30-45 minutes. Everything else ( sun, moon, positions) stays the same, the only thing that changes is the Asc. How do we know the doctors are accurate with time? Do they look at the clock right when we are born? Lol What if some don't. I am just saying that because I don't identify with my rising nor the planet that 'rules' it. at all.

The Ascendant is the sign that is rising over the Eastern horizon at the moment of birth. Given that all twelve signs rise over the Eastern horizon each day, the Ascendant changes every two hours. And if each sign has 30 degrees, then the actual degree of our Ascendant changes every four minutes.

Regarding the planets a 40 minute difference will not alter the chart a great deal. An ephemeris gives a planetary position on any given day, so 40 minutes will have little effect on the position of the planets. However, it will shift the Ascendant as Clover says, and this will also change the houses. So a planet which is in one house but on the cusp might change into a different house.

And yes, I don't know how the exact time of birth is determined or who makes the decision to look at a clock.

Peace.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair

There are different explanations, but I go with the idea that the Sun indicates personality traits and personal identity and expression, the Moon relates to feelings and emotional responses, and the Ascendant indicates Soul purpose for the incarnation. The ruling planet is the planet which rules the Ascendant.

The Sun is therefore more important than the Moon, because the Sun indicates the personality as a whole whereas the Moon indicates one aspect of the personality.

Peace.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The Ascendant is the sign that is rising over the Eastern horizon at the moment of birth. Given that all twelve signs rise over the Eastern horizon each day, the Ascendant changes every two hours. And if each sign has 30 degrees, then the actual degree of our Ascendant changes every four minutes.

Regarding the planets a 40 minute difference will not alter the chart a great deal. An ephemeris gives a planetary position on any given day, so 40 minutes will have little effect on the position of the planets. However, it will shift the Ascendant as Clover says, and this will also change the houses. So a planet which is in one house but on the cusp might change into a different house.

And yes, I don't know how the exact time of birth is determined or who makes the decision to look at a clock.

Peace.
The midwife did, or the maternity assistant. And sometimes parents. If memory serves the time of birth is also registered on the birth certificate.
In the past I don't know as people didn't have clocks in their bedrooms, nor radio clocks and I gather a midwife takes of her watch when doing delivery for hygiene and also to not hurt the woman and/or baby. But possibly they had/have nurse watches.
But I recall the maternity assistant checking it, being spot on, and telling the midwife. I think it's part of their job to do that and as such they are training to heed it.

You can of course check to see if the ascendant changes around the time of your birth. Sometimes 15-30 mins earlier or later does that.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:08 PM
Master
The Virgo ruling planet is Mercury .
Old 08-07-2019, 08:59 PM
Master
My sun sign is ruled by the moon. But my moon sign seems to be the most influential on my path in life. My sun sign is more my hidden personality when a person knows me on a deeper level. Other than that you'll likely run into my arising bull sign.

My moon influences my path, my sun sign takes proactive steps to get there, my arising sign keeps me grounded and on task. When i really want something in life i can be relentless and stubborn about it once my mind is made up.

Sagittarius is dominate in my chart which is ruled by Jupiter. Which explains why i keep getting stupider.