Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 02-02-2019, 12:00 AM
Pathfinder
Hello Again

My first intro was too long and inappropriate. I'm new here. Hope to meet a few cool peeps.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:54 AM
Suspended
welcome and may we learn a lot from each other
Old 02-02-2019, 04:57 AM
Pathfinder
Thank you for the welcome ‘Taking a Break’. You get around dude!

@NoOne: Sorry I couldn’t answer your question earlier, I was at work... and then my original intro got deleted! You said that you were baffled by my background and how I was attracted to Satanism, and you asked if I was a Theistic or Atheistic Satanist.

I’m neither. I write about satanism primarily because my audience is into it. But when I do write about satanism, which is infrequently, I use the older terminology which predates Anton LaVey and the Satanic Bible. The words satan, sathan, satans, sathans, satanism, and sathanism when they were used between the 1500s-1800s meant something very different then what the word “Satan” and “Satanism” has come to mean to us today. I use that older usage and meaning. Hence, when I use the word “satanism” I do so with a lowercase /s/ which indicates that it is not referring to a religion proper. Google “The Geryne of Satan” for a detailed breakdown.

Personally, as a Theravadin, I’m a Non-Theist, which culturally simply means that I do not believe that a Supreme Creator Being exists, because one is not needed in the equation. What equation? The equation that the Cosmos [Greek meaning “Order”] is Self-Organizing, and is governed by fundamental laws and principles that do an adequate job at creating our Universe from the subatomic scale on up to the super-galactic. And so, I don’t intellectually agree with Theistic Satanism, where they believe a Satan [a living being] exists.

But I also have contentions with Atheistic Satanism. My contention is that the generic/average “Atheistic” Satanist, confuses the word “Atheism” with “Absolute Materialism.” When they say they are quote-unquote Atheistic Satanists, what they are trying to mean is that: (1) they don’t believe in any gods, (2) they don’t believe in any spirits, (3) they don’t believe in the supernatural, (4) they don’t believe in paranormal phenomena, (5) they don’t believe in extra sensory perception phenomena, (6) they don’t believe in magic or sorcery, (7) they don’t believe in any kind of divination, & (8) they believe that matter and the physical universe is all that exists.

And so, I’m not an “Atheist” if we use that word the way they use it. I DO believe in deities, in spirits of different kinds, in the supra-natural, in supra-natural and paranormal phenomena, in ESP phenomena, in magic and sorcery, in divination, and I certainly don’t have such extreme worldviews where I believe that the physical universe is absolute and all that exists. I’m not a Materialist.

Last edited by pseudonymus : 02-02-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:04 AM
Master
Hi again and welcome to SF!

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 02-02-2019, 05:11 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Hi again and welcome to SF!

Hi again! Thank you for the second welcome Chrysalis!
Old 02-02-2019, 05:53 AM
Master

Hi, welcome to the forum and thanks for your response to my original question.

You certainly know how to make an entrance :)

I think I broadly agree with your views, though I'm less sure about a Creator. I think there might very well could have been one, or perhaps more than one, who knows. The Universe certainly has certain characteristics that would indicate an artificially created construct.

I do believe in the Hindu idea of Maya, that is the illusory nature of our material or "created" universe. And yes, deities are very real, though perhaps it is more appropriate to refer to them as higher-dimensional light beings, because that's what they really are.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:23 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Hi, welcome to the forum and thanks for your response to my original question.

You certainly know how to make an entrance :)

I think I broadly agree with your views, though I'm less sure about a Creator. I think there might very well could have been one, or perhaps more than one, who knows. The Universe certainly has certain characteristics that would indicate an artificially created construct.

I do believe in the Hindu idea of Maya, that is the illusory nature of our material or "created" universe. And yes, deities are very real, though perhaps it is more appropriate to refer to them as higher-dimensional light beings, because that's what they really are.

Thank you for the welcome :)

There’s this story told in the Pali Tipitaka about how one day the Buddha went to have a debate with the God Brahma about the existence of a Creator Being. So the Buddha says to Brahma: “So, I understand that you believe yourself to be the Creator of the Universe?” Brahma says: “That’s true. I believe I am indeed.” The Buddha replies: “And what makes you think you created the universe?” Brahma answers: “Well… because when I came to my own awareness, I was the only thing in the universe. And so, I must have created it, because nobody else was around to create it!”

Maybe the Buddha’s contention, which I share, is the essential meaning of the word/term “Creator,” meaning the One Source that Created the Universe. Kamma [causation/causality] technically is the Creator Principle of the Universe. Causality/Causation is Creation in the act of happening. The thing to keep in mind is that we live in a Causal Universe. “Causal” meaning “causal mechanics.”

Causal mechanics describes any machine or system wherein an Output is produced if and when an Input is inputted into the system/machine. For example, a snack machine is a causal machine, because you put in money and it gives you a snack. The Buddha refers to this causal mechanics as Kamma & Vipaka. Kamma meaning “work, build, labor,” and Vipaka meaning “Fruit.” And so, because this Universe is itself a causal system [cause & effect] Creation itself must obey and operate by the laws and principles of causal mechanics.

Which is why, in our Universe, Causation is the same thing as Creation. An example of what this looks like: (1) you have a change in environment, (2) a few organisms adapt to that change of environment, (3) that adaptation, in combination with natural selection gradually Causes those organisms to evolve into new creatures. That’s Creation: the Creation of new organisms which did not exist before.

The Mystery of reality isn’t Creation, Creator, Creature. It is the “Container” that holds Creation, Creator, Creature. Like how our thoughts, ideas, dream worlds arise out of the nothingness/emptyness [sunyata] of Mindspace. And that Mindspace itself is the “Container” of such thoughts, ideas, and dream world. The mystery is not the footprint itself, but the Beach that “contains” and gives suchness to that footprint. And so, if a God exists, Max Planck’s “Matrix” of the Universe, just might be the closest thing to God. I’m inclined to agree with Planck.
Old 14-03-2021, 09:27 AM
Experiencer
Where this cult leader is residing they do not pray instead laughter is happening.
Old 14-03-2021, 05:28 PM
Master
֍                WELCOME TO THE SPIRITUAL FORUMS!                      ֎

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 15-03-2021, 08:29 PM
Master
Howdedudy friend. Welcome