Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 16-01-2019, 03:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
A very large study done recently shows conclusively that people who drink beer or wine in moderation a glass or two .....two or three times per week statistically tend to live longer than those who dont.

The scientists who did this study ........and it was long and exhaustive one......were also honest enough to admit that they don't know why.

They also point out that drinking past a certain amount and the life expectancy starts going down.....

If I can find a link to this study I'll post it.

Yes I've always felt this to be so
Old 17-01-2019, 07:58 AM
Master
I saw it said that the study saying alcohol in moderation was harmless was not valid. but there is a lot to examine to conclude the differences between the lives of people who drink and those who don't. most people drink alcohol, or rather most people do not completely abstain from it, so I don't know, most people do a lot of things that are terrible for them, and a form of poison one way or another, whether they're aware of it or not. the most obvious thing to remember is that alcohol is a poison, and one drink starts having devastating effects on the human body and brain, as is detailed in the information I quoted earlier, or elsewhere if you simply look up what alcohol is really doing to each organ and bodily function, and also the brain. they are not good things at the end of the day. they may help someone suppress stress they are upset by, but when the alcohol wears off, most of the time the stress issue is still there, sometimes made worse by drunken actions, and the ill effects of the alcohol are there the next day. a depleted and damaged brain and body does not make for a better vehicle to deal with stress and whatever issues..

and then a person often feels the need to do it again and again and again and well the body gets harmed exponentially until in my opinion someone starts being just a shell of themselves. if someone were to deal with the stresses and issues in a healthy realistic way, they wouldn't continue to be haunted by them and wouldn't feel the need to resort to alcohol or abusing whatever..
I think that a lot of alcoholics are just suffering so much from emotional and mental wounds, as well as physical discomfort and such that they don't know how to deal with. they just want to numb reality, and alcohol is so severe it sometimes seems like the only way to do it. but facing reality is the only true salvation, as is living symbiotically with nature, because disobeying natural laws is usually what causes pain and suffering in the first place. people just don't know, or have forgotten their connection to Earth and how important it is. it's only removal from that and their true selves that causes the problems. so the solution is to restore their real selves and reconnect with nature and the point of existence here. alcohol is like a blackhole, one might think there is something to be found there, but at least in this scenario, there's only getting more lost and lonely at the end of it. but we rely on it as a society, at least most of us do or have.. and perhaps we need to ask why, and why we've gotten so lost when following mainstream society's dictates... the reality is that mainstream life is a blackhole and it's purposely designed that way, to keep us from our greater potentials and life as spiritual beings which hopefully all of us here agree we are. the rest and all the poisons are just distractions and ways to mislead us, and keep us stuck following and falling in blackholes instead of making our own paths and truly joining others'
Old 25-01-2019, 01:02 AM
Master
[QUOTE=Sapphirez the most obvious thing to remember is that alcohol is a poison, and one drink starts having devastating effects on the human body and brain,
Old 25-01-2019, 02:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
This is the most crazy thing I have heard on sf so far, you would find it very hard to find some one with more compassion than a vegan in there life style.

It's not true that vegans are inherently more compassionate than their omnivorous counterparts. However, the compassionate argument for a vegan lifestyle is completely valid and very compelling.

Quote:
I think it is you who has delusions of grandure ( as I know you directed this at me )and superiority, you may be good with words but I see no real spirituality or compassion in your words just a need to bolster your own ego.

May I point out that speaking compassion with one breath and deriding a person with the next is incongruent.

Quote:
Tbh I do not see what you are doing on this thread other than to bash vegans, but........I would be the last person to stop freedom of expression and any one is welcome on my threads.

On the contrary, the values and reasoning behind veganism are admirable and veganism is a perfectly legitimate way of eating (within the circumstanced of developed modernity).
Old 30-01-2019, 06:47 AM
Ascender
Walking through the meat section at the grocery store like *DUCK, COVER and ROLL*
*close your eyes!!!*
*run!!!!*
Old 13-07-2019, 09:57 AM
Newbie ;)

The elephant in the room

hey i can probably get photos of my mate being attacked by that lil we elephant.
that elephant hates people.
Old 14-07-2019, 06:25 AM
Master
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
Walking through the meat section at the grocery store like *DUCK, COVER and ROLL*
*close your eyes!!!*
*run!!!!*

Yes I feel exactly the same, and the smell of a butcher shop is awful, at lest in the supermarkets the body parts are wrapped up.
in places where others do not.
Old 14-07-2019, 06:38 AM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryEmpak
hey i can probably get photos of my mate being attacked by that lil we elephant.
that elephant hates people.

I can understand why some animals would hate people.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:16 AM
Master
Color

There's a program on BBC Radio 4 at 11.15 to night titled The Elephant in the Room.
Radio times says comedian Tez liyas talks about peoples attitudes towards animals.

I'm wondering if this is a coincidence or if he read this thread or...........

Anyway I will give it a listen and see what he has to say.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
There's a program on BBC Radio 4 at 11.15 to night titled The Elephant in the Room.

Haha!!!!