Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-05-2020, 03:02 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Mantras are triggers.Just as any other word,they have a meaning.Of course you have to know it,otherwise you can't use the mantra.Or maybe you can,if you can trance and enter your subconsious.
A mantra, if voiced aloud can work through its sound vibrations. It is not necessary to understand what it means.
Old 20-05-2020, 03:08 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
The hearth prayer in the Phylocaly, a Christian approach, is not just repeating a word, its becoming conscious of each and every hearth beat at each and every moment.
Therein lies the problem. A person, put into an absolutely soundproof room is in danger of going mad within a very short time, as short as 1 hour, as they become aware of every sound in their own body. The heart beating, the blood flowing, etc. with a corresponding increase in feeling.

It is just something we apparently can't take. If we could what would its practical use be?
Old 20-05-2020, 03:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
A mantra, if voiced aloud can work through its sound vibrations. It is not necessary to understand what it means.
Sorry for this,but i don't think you have any experience at all.WHen it comes to bija mantras,of course you don't need to know what they mean.But you have to know what they do.
Old 20-05-2020, 03:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I can't see anywhere saying I can't remember a Mantra
I see Prayer and Mantra as being different. The difference in your wording is obvious if you read what you wrote then read the Roman Catholic version. I don't have any aversion to Mary at all and didn't notice you wanted to discuss about Her I presumed you were talking about Mantras...

There's no difference in the wording except for the style of English used is more archaic, i just wrote in modern English that's all. It's the same thing!
I accept that literally what I wrote is different from what appears in a prayer book if you were to compare the two by a computer algorithm, so yes you are right there, but you must admit i didn't change anything in terms of the meaning!

Of course I wanted to talk about Mary, it's been on my mind to talk about Mary for a while. I see a lack of Mary
Old 20-05-2020, 05:09 PM
Master

In regards to mantras and meditation, we read in Phillipians 4:7....."the peace that passeth all understanding". How can we experience this peace ? It is to move beyond understanding. Understanding comes to the use of our 5 senses and what they impart to the mind. Meditation is intended to help us arrive at this state. The senses allow us to experience time. Time is the witnessing of things happening....of things going by. Once we escape this sense of time essentially we step into eternity....where there is no time. The ego is dependent on the senses in order to assault our mind to demand the processing of all that we sense. True meditation invites us to suspend our ego and expose us to eternity. When we are in eternity only the Spirit can work on us. It is a matter of faith and trust to take this step and it is time to discard any and all expectations. I believe that mantras share this intention.
Old 20-05-2020, 05:31 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Therein lies the problem. A person, put into an absolutely soundproof room is in danger of going mad within a very short time, as short as 1 hour, as they become aware of every sound in their own body. The heart beating, the blood flowing, etc. with a corresponding increase in feeling.

It is just something we apparently can't take. If we could what would its practical use be?

Hello Markings,

It would be interesting to see if the monks with many many hours of meditation in isolation, resist longer, and for how long, than the average person in an isolation chamber. Instead of only doing research on them with MRI machines.

It is only speculation and projection from my part here, but I do believe that in a few generations, maybe 400 years from now, we will see a transformation of our monkey mind turning in something like a supramental mind. This will imply a very deep transformation of the relation with our physical body as well as with the All and One. And unfortunately a lot will not survive to this transformation in the same way we cannot resist to an isolation chamber effects today.

Simply looking back in Descartes time, the body was only a machine for the brain. And as another example, the word happiness as we use today with a hedonistic meaning did not mean the same thing just a few centuries ago. We did not have time then to think about being happy.

Our relation to our body is changing faster and faster and the monkey mind is changing with it.

Regards
Old 20-05-2020, 07:20 PM
ketzer

Quote:
I don't think so because this is outward directed.
Not necessarily, Ketzer often talks to himself.
Anyway, if repeated without thought, wouldn't it just become a sound?
Old 20-05-2020, 07:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Not necessarily, Ketzer often talks to himself.
Anyway, if repeated without thought, wouldn't it just become a sound?

How can you repeat something without thinking
Old 20-05-2020, 07:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
In regards to mantras and meditation, we read in Phillipians 4:7....."the peace that passeth all understanding". How can we experience this peace ? It is to move beyond understanding. Understanding comes to the use of our 5 senses and what they impart to the mind. Meditation is intended to help us arrive at this state. The senses allow us to experience time. Time is the witnessing of things happening....of things going by. Once we escape this sense of time essentially we step into eternity....where there is no time. The ego is dependent on the senses in order to assault our mind to demand the processing of all that we sense. True meditation invites us to suspend our ego and expose us to eternity. When we are in eternity only the Spirit can work on us. It is a matter of faith and trust to take this step and it is time to discard any and all expectations.

I believe that mantras share this intention.

It would depend on what Meditation you practice....
Old 20-05-2020, 07:43 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
How can you repeat something without thinking
Happens all the time.
The most common phrases are, "Yes Dear.", and "That's nice dear." and "I will get to that in a minute."