Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-04-2020, 09:24 PM
Master

jASG,

I was completely ignorant about the abilities of the doctor that saved my life. To me that is the bottom, bottom line. God can save anyone despite their total ignorance of him. His ability does not increase because we know more about him. The last words of Jesus forgave ignorance.....that pretty much covers all of us. Christians desperately wish to be exclusive but the umbrella of God covers all.
Old 26-04-2020, 09:36 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
jASG,

I was completely ignorant about the abilities of the doctor that saved my life. To me that is the bottom, bottom line. God can save anyone despite their total ignorance of him. His ability does not increase because we know more about him. The last words of Jesus forgave ignorance.....that pretty much covers all of us. Christians desperately wish to be exclusive but the umbrella of God covers all.

I agree with that and will take it one step further. One can be ignorant of all specific religious doctrine and still know God by knowing one's deepest center of being. The Kingdom of Heaven is within. The mystical experience.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:26 PM
Newbie ;)

I think that the cross is central. Jesus is a teacher, certainly, but the cross is the guarantee that the teaching works and the example of how to live it. No story is without suffering; it’s perhaps the central aspect of earthly existence. The cross shows us that suffering doesn’t have to defeat you; it lifts you up.

Peace.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:43 PM
Master
[quote=goosecap]I think that the cross is central. Jesus is a teacher, certainly, but the cross is the guarantee that the teaching works and the example of how to live it. No story is without suffering; it’s perhaps the central aspect of earthly existence. The cross shows us that suffering doesn’t have to defeat you; it lifts you up.

Peace.[/QUOTE

'But the cross is the guarantee that the teaching works and the example of how to live '

How does this work ?
Old 03-05-2020, 05:04 PM
Master
[quote=sky123]
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosecap
I think that the cross is central. Jesus is a teacher, certainly, but the cross is the guarantee that the teaching works and the example of how to live it. No story is without suffering; it’s perhaps the central aspect of earthly existence. The cross shows us that suffering doesn’t have to defeat you; it lifts you up.

Peace.[/QUOTE

'But the cross is the guarantee that the teaching works and the example of how to live '

How does this work ?

....... maybe the same way a statue of Kwan Yin, Buddha or some famous monk works.

Yesterday my wife got a small ceremonial knife that belonged to a famous monk of the past.

She was so happy.

Then I mentioned the ones I own............

I have seen more statues in Buddhist homes then I have seen in Christian homes. Same holds true of Temples versus Churches.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-05-2020, 05:07 PM
Newbie ;)

Re: #24

Well, Jesus continued to love humankind even in the face pain and death, and it worked out for him. If we trust God even in the face of distress, he will help us too.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:13 PM
Master
Quote:

Well, Jesus continued to love humankind even in the face pain and death, and it worked out for him. If we trust God even in the face of distress, he will help us too.

We can agree to differ but thanks for your personal interpretation...
Old 03-05-2020, 05:14 PM
Master
Quote:

........... and that was a promise.

Major tenet of Christianity.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-05-2020, 05:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Re: #27

you are welcome.
Old 11-05-2020, 03:57 AM
Master
His Crucifixion was mainly for the "salvation of the world"

God was saving the world as a whole. It wasn't about "your personal salvation" which I've always felt sounded very egotistical.

Jesus' suffering on the Cross was for the sake of showing that Love is the most powerful force in the world, and it conquered the illusion of death.

It is from Death that humans begin to fear. And it is from fear we get stuck in ego .

God came in the form of Jesus, his soul came down as a pure entity to take on the violence and evil in the world because the world up to that point was completely thrown out of balance.

Jesus's entire life, teachings, and his sacrifice and resurrection offered a new beginning.

The source of all suffering and evil is the Ego. The ego is not bad in of itself, but when we are stuck in ego consciousness and not coming from our Soul, we create suffering for others and ourselves. Jesus taking on other people's evil, the sins of his people, (their Bad Karma) he was opening a new Door.

in that entire ordeal, he chose Forgiveness and Love. He didn't fall into ego consciousness. At one moment, he fell into despair feeling that the Father, the Cosmic Creator had left him. But this was from the weight of all that physical and emotional suffering. He felt "separated" like we always do as everyday humans. He being God, the Universal Christ in human form, felt at this point what all humans feel at their lowest. And yet he still prevailed handing himself over to God, the Cosmic Father-Mother, letting go.

His resurrection is part of the story. Everyone thinks humankind is just saved by his death and suffering.

No. It is "the life, death, and resurrection". That includes his teachings (following his Example), his life (reminding us being Human is holy and we are all One), his death (Death is not to be feared but to be accepted and let go), and Resurrection (That in the end we are fully restored in the Spirit Realm and we never died and ascend to a higher plane).

But the crucifixion of Christ was mainly an event that was mostly for the People he incarnated to, and a Sacrament for the whole world to look back and remember how The Divine came down and even wrnt to the lowest depths of human separation from God and prevailed. God is truly more with us now that we know a Man who was also Divine went through everything we go through.

Jesus's death and resurrection allowed him to expand his Soul into the boundless infinity of the Universal Christ Consciousness. Now there is a Human Soul part of the Godhead. God and Humans are closer than ever since Jesus' incarnation.

This was a Gift. Embrace it. Accept it. God is not asking for anything else in return except that we love and forgive each other more.

In Jesus, the Universal Christ manifested through Jesus' individual enlightened consciousness, the purity of his heart. After the resurrection, his Soul was able to ascend to such a level that his very unique Soul and the Universal Christ became one and the same. He is the only Human to become part of the Trinity, because he was a Divine Soul descended from on High as an ordinary Man, an Avatar but with such purity of karma that he could also become God. That is why the Catholic Mystics say that in Jesus, God became Man so that Man could become God. That literally means God became Man in Jesus, Jesus became God.