Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 07-04-2020, 03:32 PM
Seeker

Affirmations in English or in your mother tongue?

English is my second language, in the past 12 years I have been living in the UK and I made sure not to be in touch with others from my country apart from my family.
I would say my English is fluent, as I learnt a lot of new things only in English, now I have troubles sometimes using my own language.
Also, I got to the point where reading or watching films in English feels more natural, I don't need to translate in my head I just understand but this got me thinking.

Do affirmations work in a second language? You are supposed to be in Theta for them to really work, at least this is what Bruce Lipton has just said.
Does the mind understand affirmations anyhow?
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Old 07-04-2020, 05:54 PM
Any thoughts? Sure.

My affirmations work - since 1975. I find strong concentration on what you are saying ---
I mean firmly, almost with gritted teeth - say to (whomever or whatever) the Powers That Be, let's say...

exactly what you are demanding, commanding...to happen.

Funny story it has been 45 years since I have cut myself cutting slippery, big onions - long story....
I had a history of professional kitchens and knives.
Lol!
I will NEVER cut a finger ever again. Period. You must 'know' what you commanded.
My input. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-04-2020, 06:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangeline 77
English is my second language, in the past 12 years I have been living in the UK and I made sure not to be in touch with others from my country apart from my family.
I would say my English is fluent, as I learnt a lot of new things only in English, now I have troubles sometimes using my own language.
Also, I got to the point where reading or watching films in English feels more natural, I don't need to translate in my head I just understand but this got me thinking.

Do affirmations work in a second language? You are supposed to be in Theta for them to really work, at least this is what Bruce Lipton has just said.
Does the mind understand affirmations anyhow?
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Words don't matter, so the language you use doesn't matter.

Thoughts matter.Thoughts, before words form, matter. Beliefs, before thoughts form, matter. It matters all you think and believe all the time, not only when you consciously ask for whatever you want.

Generally you have to consciously set a framework for what you ask, both time wise, and implications wise. It is important to set restrictions. For example: "being safe and beneficial for everybody involved". There are many ways to fulfill your requests, some you can't even imagine, so you want to make sure you don't cause unwanted collateral damage.

The time frame is also important, because your wish fulfillment may take forever.

Conscious affirmations don't need to be repeated, but they have to be made in the proper altered state of consciousness, when you have an open path to your subconscious. You have to be at an appropriate level of trance.

Trance isn't exactly the same thing with the brainwave frequency. Brain frequency also reflects other aspects than trance.

It is more effective to focus on the appropriate trance level, which is close to the threshold where you fall asleep. That's why some authors recommend to repeat your affirmation while you're falling asleep. The repeating is necessary when you don't know how to control your trance level, so repeating over and over, it is likely to hit the right trance moment while transitioning to sleep.

Another appropriate trance level is at the beginning of waking up, if you can slow down the waking.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:40 PM
Master

Whatever language you dream in is probably the language you should use for affirmations. But, ultimately it doesn't matter, words are simply a crutch to grab a concept, sort of a grounding for the visualisation, so any language you're reasonably fluent in should work.
Old 15-04-2022, 06:38 PM
Ascender

This may sound a bit vague, but it’s the one you are most comfortable with. So for instance, you may use English every day in your spoken and written conversations, but if you think in your native language (your mental commentaries) then do your affirmations in this one.
Old 18-04-2022, 04:35 PM
Master
Both - I speak a language that can’t be confirmed yet

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 18-04-2022, 05:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
My affirmations work - since 1975
Wow that's amazing
Old 18-04-2022, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz
Wow that's amazing
Actually, you get to the point that not much is amazing...it just is, ya know?
We are realizing more and more the power we have as Co-creators...
and the power of our beliefs and thoughts and commands to the Universe.
( I WILL have a safe trip...I AM getting this job.) Become amazed if it did NOT happen, see? LOL

I bet you would like the thin book Super Beings, John Randolph Price...
about how we are all evolving into super beings...
We are!

(Oh I bet you meant since 1975...I grew up with a mother that had an NDE and was a bit psychic,
I progressed in these things fast.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru