Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

View Poll Results: What are twin flames exactly?
Romantic feelings mixed with mythology 10 14.71%
Two souls that were cut in half and have to unite again 25 36.76%
Different name for soul mates (people you bonded with in a past life) 6 8.82%
Other.. 27 39.71%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
I think if you ask a hundred different people this same question (what are Twin Flames or Twin Souls) you will get a hundred different answers. Really no one knows for sure and no one has the market cornered on absolute truth... we can only offer our opinions, based on knowledge we've absorbed from others (books, channelers, our own teaching guides and even our own inner knowing ). In my understanding, at the time souls were first cast from Divine Oneness (i.e., individualized aspects of Divine Oneness separating from the Whole in order that God might know itself in miriad forms and expressions), SOME souls chose to further divide in two, in order to go forth in a more expansive way and experience more of what there is to experience, and thus more quickly find their way back to conscious recognition of their oneness with All. Not all souls chose this path. More did not than did. Therefore the percentage of Twin Souls/Flames is rather small. Those who DID choose this and DO have a Twin out there seldom choose to incarnate in the same time/space.. after all, the purpose of dividing in the FIRST place was to increase the speed and expansiveness of experience, growth and learning! Usually they will be separate, but if one is in the earth and the other is not, the one remaining in spirit will often act as guide to the one embodied. On those rare occasions when the longing for union with the other portion of ones unified soul becomes too great to ignore, they will sometimes arrange to come into incarnation in the same time and space in order to facilitate meeting and joining as a couple. These relationships can be the most exquisite of pair bonds (I speak from experience) and also the most challenging, for who can challenge you and push you to the limits more than an aspect of yourself...! It is a relationship like no other, and when/if you experience it, there will be no denying who you are to one another.

(IMO )

Beautiful post...
I've half a mind to chuck the prior posts where I'm trying to point to texts describing a mystical experience...because really it's just all about the love...I could give a flying flip about the intellectual aspects and such...LOL...

I just love him, heart and soul. That's it
7L

Last edited by 7luminaries : 03-11-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:43 PM
LadyImpreza1111

Yeah. I think I've read about ARISTOTLE describing the whole experience but at the end of the day, it IS all about the love. Reading all the articles, all the books both written by authors alive today and historical figures won't mean a lick of anything if they haven't experienced it themselves--both the author and the person trying to seek "proof" that this phenomenon is real.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Master
LOL! Me too..and somehow I made it back to the realm of sanity...at least for the time being...
Old 03-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
LOL! Me too..and somehow I made it back to the realm of sanity...at least for the time being...

u nicked them words from my heart didnt u 7l lol :)

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.”
Old 03-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
I agree 100%
People can search fanatically for written documentation but even then, it won't have any relevance unless they experience it themselves.
Written stuff doesn't convince me, as all writers are influenced by the culture, climate, and environment they live in. For me, it's not about believing it or not. There's an interest for old sources as they might give us clues how certain beliefs have originated, and have evolved. And they clearly do. The ideas we have these days about souls and spirituality is very different from what the ancient world believed.

What the New Age is doing is making all sorts of links and connections between stuff that isn't really connected at all. They usually do not look at the context in which ancient sources were written down.

I am interested why other people believe in it, and I also have an interest in looking at religious/spiritual belief from different angles. Just because people believe their experiences are genuine, is not actual proof.

Cheers.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:47 PM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxinggregger0
lol....a fellow (female) traveller ....ah ,i was so unreal it took me quite a while to start getting real .............but i know ive got the ''real '' deal .......not just yet though , divine timing and all that stuff from above with faith and love.

Yeah, buddy!
Old 03-11-2010, 09:51 PM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos

I am interested why other people believe in it, and I also have an interest in looking at religious/spiritual belief from different angles. Just because people believe their experiences are genuine, is not actual proof.

Cheers.

Not actual proof? Just because you aren't living through this experience doesn't make it any less real for those that are.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
But how we translate experiences is a whole different thing. One might experience love, oneness and unity with another human being, but that doesn't prove that they are ''one soul'' or that there was a split and so forth. This is where belief and culture comes in to make sense of an experience we don't understand.

well all i know is what i feel i dont need to speak fancy words or understand them to know how i FEEL , the one thing god granted us was a heart , he also granted us gut instinct (trust) , and thats what im doing im trusting in me and so should others , peoples beliefs and opinions shouldnt make people doubt themselves ,there will always be sumone out there who disagrees with us , not just on this connection but on everyhting in life , doesnt mean they are wrong and we are right all we know is what WE BELIEVE thats all that matters isnt it?????? its all this doubting that creates all the confusion we have to face , everyone should listen to themselves rather than others we are all on our own pathway and are all her to learn about our true selves whatever that may be

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.”
Old 03-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
Not actual proof? Just because you aren't living through this experience doesn't make it any less real for those that are.
I'm not saying it's not real to those who experience it. I'm saying other people's experiences, even one's own experiences, aren't always trustworthy.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical
well all i know is what i feel i dont need to speak fancy words or understand them to know how i FEEL , the one thing god granted us was a heart , he also granted us gut instinct (trust) , and thats what im doing im trusting in me and so should others , peoples beliefs and opinions shouldnt make people doubt themselves ,there will always be sumone out there who disagrees with us , not just on this connection but on everyhting in life , doesnt mean they are wrong and we are right all we know is what WE BELIEVE thats all that matters isnt it?????? its all this doubting that creates all the confusion we have to face , everyone should listen to themselves rather than others we are all on our own pathway and are all her to learn about our true selves whatever that may be
So every feeling and gut feeling we have is telling us the facts? I'll tell you one simple example. I was listening peacefully to music yesterday, and at one moment I heard some strange sound which appeared to be voices. My 'gut' was that there was someone in my room, perhaps some sort of being I couldn't see.. But I re winded my mp3 player a few times, and found out that this odd sound was part of the song. It was interesting to experience, because again it showed me how the mind translates experiences. This is of course just a very simple example, but hey.

And about beliefs and opinions, we are not our beliefs and opinions. So we shouldn't doubt ourself, but doubt our beliefs and opinions!

Cheers.