Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 29-06-2016, 08:16 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Reality is subjective.
Is it really, though?
Let us assume for a moment that it is. This means there isn't a reality beyond what people perceive and understand. That nothing lies beyond this because everything that exists (which is what we call "reality") is subjective.
Is this really what you believe? I doubt that, but if it is then this assumes one of two things. That you either believe no one else actually exists and all others are merely illusions of your subjective mind, or that they all exist but are shallow and empty because they are merely creations of your finite and subjective mind and cannot have realities of their own, else those realities would be real too and in existing would no longer make reality subjective because that would contradict the premise.

No, reality isn't subjective at all. Only perception and understandings of reality are subjective.

Does anyone here truly disagree?

On topic: Most children seem to have absolutely no trouble understanding reality. Most people just seem to forget how to make sense of it as they get older, then some realize this and have to figure it out all over again.
Old 30-06-2016, 03:29 AM
Master
Ultimate Reality isn't subjective.

It's only our perceptions and understandings of our own realities which make them so to us and nobody else...same reason why spiritual experiences cannot be explained...

Same reason why some believe I am going to Hell, but I don't believe in that concept.

Same reason why three blind men will always think the tail of an elephant is a rope...the trunk of an elephant is a hose....the ear of an elephant is a fan....
Old 30-06-2016, 04:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Ultimate Reality isn't subjective.

It's only our perceptions and understandings of our own realities which make them so to us and nobody else...same reason why spiritual experiences cannot be explained...

Same reason why some believe I am going to Hell, but I don't believe in that concept.

Same reason why three blind men will always think the tail of an elephant is a rope...the trunk of an elephant is a hose....the ear of an elephant is a fan....

"Ultimate Reality isn't subjective," it is only our perception and understanding of reality that is subjective.

I agree wholeheartedly