Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 26-09-2016, 10:46 PM
Experiencer

Our bodies are amazing! Such a variety of hormones to prompt our body to go to sleep, wake up, not eat too much, eat more than we should when the summer wanes....and the one that helps us stay alive, cortisol, the stress hormone that we make to help us avoid danger, plan ahead so that we are safe, respond to bad situations....but too much and we suffer.

I was looking into this yesterday and I suddenly thought, when a person eats meat, are they not eating that animals cortisol, their stress hormones that are trying desperately to save them from a danger they cannot escape? Could this hormone that humans consume contribute to some of that bad mood that seems to disappear or fade substantially when they switch to a plant based diet? Could it be that when you eat meat, all of that fear hormone in the fibres, affects you physically?
Old 27-09-2016, 03:43 PM
Pathfinder

there is a whole topic here devoted to this question, and yes, you do eat thier cortisol and stress is producing some very dangerous hormones you eat with theier meat. Sad. But maybe this can be one more reason for someone who still hasn't decided.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:41 PM
Experiencer

It's only your life and your decisions. Just be yourself and do what you like!
Old 12-10-2016, 08:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieGeller
there is a whole topic here devoted to this question, and yes, you do eat thier cortisol and stress is producing some very dangerous hormones you eat with theier meat. Sad. But maybe this can be one more reason for someone who still hasn't decided.

This often comes to mind when consuming meat, which I rarely do nowadays.
I was picking up some pork chops at the butcher's today ( for the men in the family) and felt nauseated as I watched him prepare them... he asked what was wrong, I said that meat doesn't agree with me anymore and he looked at me in shock. He said, "nahhh, meat is goooood." (loosely translated, lol)
Old 13-10-2016, 12:46 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith33
I was picking up some pork chops at the butcher's today ( for the men in the family) and felt nauseated as I watched him prepare them... he asked what was wrong, I said that meat doesn't agree with me anymore and he looked at me in shock. He said, "nahhh, meat is goooood." (loosely translated, lol)

Fortunately he didn't get offended and then chase you out of the store with his meat cleaver.

Once a week I purchase some pre-sliced chicken to give to my dog.

However I no longer purchase meat for myself...
Old 13-10-2016, 05:38 AM
Master
Haha, that would have been quite a scene!
The shocked look on his face scared me.

It's difficult for many to comprehend the issue and respect one for choosing not to consume meat. I am constantly being preached on why TO consume meat. lol ugh.
Old 13-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

oh dear this topic still hangs around
well I have not been much of a vegetarian past weeks
I said I would but soon forgot
never did find a good reason or reality to be one
so why should I ?
I do not necessarily want to eat meat
there are just certain foods I wanted to make
that had meat in them , I like cooking
and just wondered what I was caring about
nothing I guess
it was all a silly dream
as I had so many
what ever nonsense you can think about
and have a feeling it means some thing
till you change and a created reality or belief fades away
to nothingness
Old 13-10-2016, 04:59 PM
Experiencer
topics never disappear.

they only fade away...

to the next page
and the next...
Old 13-10-2016, 05:07 PM
Master

Suffering never goes away. In a thoughtless world blood will flow, but, if you wish it, not because of you ... And that is something entirely in 'your' hands.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 13-10-2016, 05:58 PM
Experiencer
I am glad I made the step.

Now I am not so hypocrite anymore when I speak up for the animals.
I do it under the coat of health, but the knowledge that all the masters of light are vegetarian/vegan was what gave me the go ahead.
That made me realize that one way or another, some day I would have to make the move too.
So then in that case better get over with asap.

I don't regret it. My life has improved in ways I could not imagine. Health, well-being...
Some people call that evolution.
It's getting closer into happiness. More, please...
More.