Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-05-2018, 09:16 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Well first you speak of there being no hell, then of destruction.
Meanwhile, for those "who have ears to hear", that's what I have been doing. Sharing Truth, that leads to joy, kj!
I brought up entering into God's rest, prior. This involves SALVATION.
Jesus Himself stated, "Come unto me all you who are weary, and in need of rest. My yoke is easy, my burden LIGHT, and you will find rest for your souls."

So, I had asked you, "what about God's rest in your declarations, and message?"

Again, I pointed out how our heavenly Father went about establishing the sacrificial atoning practices, right after the perfect law was given through Moses.

Atonement.

Mercy and Grace.

Yes the real Jesus taught that. Most do not know him. They are a taught a fraudulent Jesus. Cant you see everything is getting much worse in this world. More and more lives being ruined daily because of the weather. Increasing at an alarming rate. Little bugs can ruin you for the rest of your life. The next recession will be devastating.
Old 25-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
A true follower may slip with a small sin, and some even do sins God will not accept willfully, or they are mislead into practing a sin. But at 1 Corinthians 6:9-11-- It makes the statement, That is what some of you were( past tense) Repentence is the stopping of the doing of a sin.
Even at 1 John 3-- it teaches who are Gods children, or who are the devils children. It makes the statement--- Its impossible for a child of God to practice even one sin.

So, I presume on your statements that you feel you are sin free? Or, at best, you sin only sporadically and consider these "small" sins? What is a small sin? Isn't all sin equal and worthy of the fire? Jesus made a point when he emphasised how if we are to avoid sin we are all hopeless. In Matthew 5:21 Jesus says: "You have heard that it was said to the ancients, ‘Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment."

Jesus was pointing out that the old law said you would be committing a sin if you murder someone, but he tells you even if you've just considered it in your mind, you've also committed it. Just the same as lustful actions, even if you've just looked at someone lustfully for 1 second, you have committed that action in your mind! - The point he is making is it's IMPOSSIBLE to avoid it. Unless one was to go around and never have any thoughts or take in anything he see's or hears, we will all slip up many times daily! Hell I can sometimes slip up before I even get out of bed in the morning.

He was emphasising to us that we can not save ourselves, we cannot be perfect, we cannot stop sinning no matter how hard we try. Instead we are to just TRUST that he has sorted it for us, and our gratitude and repentance as how we receive this atoning factor. If it is as you say, impossible for someone to be saved if they practice just one single sin - then you my friend, as well as me are both going to the fire because everyone practice sins of all kinds, subconsciously and consciously every day in many different ways, and no, it cannot be stopped. The whole reason God needed to create the Final Sacrifice in the first place to deal with this.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 is telling us we were previously sinners who were lost in our sin and dead to the world. The past tense is there because IN CHRIST (not in our own works) we are now anew because of Christ and his gift we receive through repentance. Repentance doesn't mean we never do the same thing again, but rather when we do slip up we feel true remorse and always repent of it and seek forgiveness - which is always freely given as a response to that faith.

Paul himself confessed to living in sin in his Letter to the Romans.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. Romans 7:15-20

We are no different - we know what is right and what is wrong, we know what is truth and what is false, our hearts and faith are in the right place but in our sinful nature we continue to do the things we know we shouldn't do. We are completely lost in our sin - BUT......... We are no longer dead in it, that is the PAST tense. We are now free of the wages of sin because that very sin has already been blotted out in the death of Christ who paid it for us, so whilst we are sinners, we are equally sinless - wrapped in the glory of Christ himself. We are 100% sinner and 100% saint.

God bless.
Old 25-05-2018, 06:12 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited
So, I presume on your statements that you feel you are sin free? Or, at best, you sin only sporadically and consider these "small" sins? What is a small sin? Isn't all sin equal and worthy of the fire? Jesus made a point when he emphasised how if we are to avoid sin we are all hopeless. In Matthew 5:21 Jesus says: "You have heard that it was said to the ancients, ‘Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment."

Jesus was pointing out that the old law said you would be committing a sin if you murder someone, but he tells you even if you've just considered it in your mind, you've also committed it. Just the same as lustful actions, even if you've just looked at someone lustfully for 1 second, you have committed that action in your mind! - The point he is making is it's IMPOSSIBLE to avoid it. Unless one was to go around and never have any thoughts or take in anything he see's or hears, we will all slip up many times daily! Hell I can sometimes slip up before I even get out of bed in the morning.

He was emphasising to us that we can not save ourselves, we cannot be perfect, we cannot stop sinning no matter how hard we try. Instead we are to just TRUST that he has sorted it for us, and our gratitude and repentance as how we receive this atoning factor. If it is as you say, impossible for someone to be saved if they practice just one single sin - then you my friend, as well as me are both going to the fire because everyone practice sins of all kinds, subconsciously and consciously every day in many different ways, and no, it cannot be stopped. The whole reason God needed to create the Final Sacrifice in the first place to deal with this.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 is telling us we were previously sinners who were lost in our sin and dead to the world. The past tense is there because IN CHRIST (not in our own works) we are now anew because of Christ and his gift we receive through repentance. Repentance doesn't mean we never do the same thing again, but rather when we do slip up we feel true remorse and always repent of it and seek forgiveness - which is always freely given as a response to that faith.

Paul himself confessed to living in sin in his Letter to the Romans.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. Romans 7:15-20

We are no different - we know what is right and what is wrong, we know what is truth and what is false, our hearts and faith are in the right place but in our sinful nature we continue to do the things we know we shouldn't do. We are completely lost in our sin - BUT......... We are no longer dead in it, that is the PAST tense. We are now free of the wages of sin because that very sin has already been blotted out in the death of Christ who paid it for us, so whilst we are sinners, we are equally sinless - wrapped in the glory of Christ himself. We are 100% sinner and 100% saint.

God bless.

None are sin free, But the true followers give to God their very best, not to sin.
100% sinner and 100% saint is not a truth. Jesus only covered--repented sin, not practiced sin or willfull sin. Not one is a saint until they have washed their robes white in Gods kingdom. None on this earth are. ALL sin and fall short of the glory of God. Its men who tell others they are saints, they have 0 right.
Old 25-05-2018, 06:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes the real Jesus taught that. Most do not know him. They are a taught a fraudulent Jesus. Cant you see everything is getting much worse in this world. More and more lives being ruined daily because of the weather. Increasing at an alarming rate. Little bugs can ruin you for the rest of your life. The next recession will be devastating.

You are under a misnomer.
The Bible has been copied carefully, and translated multiple times since St. Luther, and protestantism.
Though, the JW's want to claim their odd translation, designed to conform to your odd interpretation, by unknown and anonymous authors, is the only correct one.

No one comes to the Lord unless called and inspired of the Holy Spirit of God, who are also among "the elect", and who are predestined to.

Also, countless many through the ages and up to now are of that category, who are the grateful throng.

Your particular and cultic claim that no one knows either Jesus, or the Father is insulting to the Gospel, dispensed through the many ages.
Recieved by a grateful many.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 25-05-2018, 07:44 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
None are sin free, But the true followers give to God their very best, not to sin.
100% sinner and 100% saint is not a truth. Jesus only covered--repented sin, not practiced sin or willfull sin. Not one is a saint until they have washed their robes white in Gods kingdom. None on this earth are. ALL sin and fall short of the glory of God. Its men who tell others they are saints, they have 0 right.

Which is what I would like to think I do, I know my sins are many but I give all I physically can, and trust Gods Love and mercy is enough, which is the whole message of the Gospels.

Those who are accepting of Gods sacrifice on the cross are 100% forgiven and are seen by God as Jesus is seen - perfect. This means that in Gods eyes, as his redeemed children by faith, we are 100% sinless. However, in the human state, we are 100% sinners. No one would ever be accepted into Heaven if they were not counted as sinless as sin cannot exist in his Kingdom.

Yes, all sin and fall short of of the glory of God, but God also tells us that we are 100% justified by Faith, not works. Romans 4, Abraham was justified by his faith, not by his works. David was justified by his faith.

Collossians 2:14 also tells us that all our debt has been taken away. Having canceled the debt ascribed to us in the decrees that stood against us. He took it away, nailing it to the cross!

Several places in Scripture refer to believers being "in Christ" (1 Peter 5:14; Philippians 1:1; Romans 8:1). Colossians 3:3 gives a little more insight: "For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God." When we come to Christ as broken sinners, He exchanges our sin nature for His righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21). We cannot remain as we were and enter into the presence of a holy God. We must “die” to self and be “hidden” in the righteousness of Christ. Galatians 3:27 says, "For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ." Here the purity of Christ is presented as a garment we wear when we repent and accept God's offer of salvation.

I believe that God see's us as sinless, blameless and fully justified despite of our sin nature, because of our faith, which would make us physically sinners but ultimately saints, especially in Gods eyes.
Old 26-05-2018, 10:29 PM
Master
https://youtu.be/3GKhDCsLrUg

http://youtu.be/3GKhDCsLrUgi no song how grt thy art he bleddied for ourr sisnsn how can it be grt he died i ni no if sum 1 died for me i wu nevr fogriv my slf i wud i wud nevr fogiv m y slf dnt no abot no 1 elses bit its me
why did he bleed died for sisn we did so not fairr

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 27-05-2018, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator
Maybe He wanted to show us the Love He felt for us by carrying the weight we were all carrying.

But He showed us there is no death. He showed us that literally. Or at least he showed Mary Magdalene and the disciples, and they passed that down the line.

I think the great secret is in the great Love. That love which will bear anything for the loved one(s). Sometimes I can't imagine loving as many Souls as He does.
Old 30-05-2018, 08:28 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited
Which is what I would like to think I do, I know my sins are many but I give all I physically can, and trust Gods Love and mercy is enough, which is the whole message of the Gospels.

Those who are accepting of Gods sacrifice on the cross are 100% forgiven and are seen by God as Jesus is seen - perfect. This means that in Gods eyes, as his redeemed children by faith, we are 100% sinless. However, in the human state, we are 100% sinners. No one would ever be accepted into Heaven if they were not counted as sinless as sin cannot exist in his Kingdom.

Yes, all sin and fall short of of the glory of God, but God also tells us that we are 100% justified by Faith, not works. Romans 4, Abraham was justified by his faith, not by his works. David was justified by his faith.

Collossians 2:14 also tells us that all our debt has been taken away. Having canceled the debt ascribed to us in the decrees that stood against us. He took it away, nailing it to the cross!

Several places in Scripture refer to believers being "in Christ" (1 Peter 5:14; Philippians 1:1; Romans 8:1). Colossians 3:3 gives a little more insight: "For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God." When we come to Christ as broken sinners, He exchanges our sin nature for His righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21). We cannot remain as we were and enter into the presence of a holy God. We must “die” to self and be “hidden” in the righteousness of Christ. Galatians 3:27 says, "For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ." Here the purity of Christ is presented as a garment we wear when we repent and accept God's offer of salvation.

I believe that God see's us as sinless, blameless and fully justified despite of our sin nature, because of our faith, which would make us physically sinners but ultimately saints, especially in Gods eyes.

Here is what Jesus will tell those who practice a sin or willfully sin at judgement--No matter what they did for Jesus or loved Jesus--Matthew 7:21-23--He said many will hear those words--yet they all believe.
You see there is more than one Jesus being taught in religions claiming to be christian. So in the first place one must have the real Jesus and obey him.
Old 31-05-2018, 01:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Here is what Jesus will tell those who practice a sin or willfully sin at judgement--No matter what they did for Jesus or loved Jesus--Matthew 7:21-23--He said many will hear those words--yet they all believe.
You see there is more than one Jesus being taught in religions claiming to be christian. So in the first place one must have the real Jesus and obey him.

I've used the terms satellite view vs. street view. Lately also "linear" thinking and perspective. While The Truth has it's origins apart from "space/time".
There are plenty of bible verses which ignore and disregard time.

Except for a miracle, you cannot reach those heavily indoctrinated.

I've pointed out how right after the Law came through Moses, the Almighty, Who is called Redeemer and Savior in the old testament, went about establishing the atoning practices among His people. For their sake.
St. Paul has explained how no one is justified by the Law, but rather is condemed by the Law, for no one can keep the Law perfectly.
Hence atonement. A very horrible thing, but necessary for salvation.

But, there are those who will not have ears to hear, or eyes to see.

The phrase also comes to mind, "Sinners lost, sinners saved."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein