Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-08-2011, 07:42 PM
kako

Thank you very much Xanth!.. I think you really have a point when you say I'll sabotage myself. What I meant with "trying" (being more specific now) is not to push so hard on myself, patience is pivotal i guess.
I practiced astral travelling techniques many years ago, and I think I have been very close many times, but I quitted do to changes in my life style and stuff, and partly because I hadn't been patient enough. Over the years I think I have developed some patience overall.

To this point, I can relax deeply and mantras help me achieve that state quickly, however, a problem I encountered was that I didn't know how to shift my awareness to something apart my physical body. Visualizations help to some degree but I still know my eyes are closed and that the blackness I see right in front of me is because my eyelids are covering my eyes (I’m not quite sure if Im making myself clear). It is as though I had a red blanket in front of my eyes so my whole vision is red; same with my eyelids, all I see is blackness due to my eyelids covering any ray of light, that blackness I see is merely absence of physical light.

Anyway, that is not my new problem lol, I've recently noticed that when I am relaxed, if I let it, hypnagogic imagery occurs right in front of my eyes, I see some kind of blurry lights, that behave and move like smoke. Focusing on that imagery helps me shift my awareness to a non-physical state of consciousness, but this is the tricky part for me: Not only I feel so relaxed to this point that my eyelids open and get distracted by the light but, once I begin to concentrate on the imagery I do feel some change, some sensation I know is the state I want to achieve in order to project. (As I posted before, I have projected involuntarily before, so I know how projecting feels, I have just been close to it consciously but never succeeded). However, it has always been hard for me to allow that state rush into me while conscious. It is a sensation like when you are falling asleep and all of a sudden you realize you are falling asleep so you wake up, it is hard for me to describe. Your mind is letting go but then you realize your mind was letting go so that shift of awareness suddenly halts.
I hope I was clear enough, I guess words won’t be enough to explain thoroughly but I think these sensations can be familiar to some.
I appreciate all the comments and as I said, Im really up to learning more and more and glad to find a place where these kind of experiences can be shared!