Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 07-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
LOL Tiger !! no appreciation for any art ?

Oh just seen this as i was browsing through subscribed threads.

What i mean by my statement is that (The Ability to market) is now the new art form. It does not really matter if you can draw good, or create something really creative (Well it does to me Adrienne, but the majority of the public..? nahhhh)

Its the marketing which gets the majority of the mainstream, so now that's what decides a hit or miss........how well you can captivate people. We live in a microwaveable age, everybody wants it right NOW! you like your cooking don't you...? well these days there's no time for seasoning! or a deep appreciation of the effort! people want it right NOW!

How good are you at marketing, enticing people, creating a illusion almost Adrienne. Sometimes the Illusion is greater than the work, or empowers the person even more.

And right now as we speak, that is the latest new art form. (The ability to market, and that's modern Art).
Old 08-06-2015, 04:09 AM
Deactivated Account

What a ferocious looking Tiger ! ready to pounce and take no mercy, lol !! ha ha ......

I understand now, what you are saying about Marketing being an Art and yes, I do agree with you on that being the new art form. Marketing isn't my cup of tea, I prefer the real art creativity of course, to sell one's art one does need to know how to market it. Can't have one without the other I guess ........

Thanks to marketing, the recipes one makes, never look quite the same as the pictures in the cookbooks or magazine, lol ! ..... however, the pictures do sell the cookbooks/magazines.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Master
Modern Art started when artists began to deconstruct the language of what made art in the first place. Much of 'modernism' is the path of artists discovering new ways of expressing something. In the 20th century the language of art went through a huge revolution.

This started with the impressionists who began to break down the realistic approach and started using dabs of colour to give an 'impression' instead of a realistic image.

Then the cubists began to take the language of art further and it has ended up with what we have today - when almost any type of expression or language of art is acceptable.

I'm very grateful for modern art because it has opened up the field of art infinitely.

In the early 19th century only a certain and particular style was called real art. Now.....almost every style can be considered art.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Deactivated Account

Very informative reply Honza . I remember bits and pieces of that from an art class I took, you put it all nicely together.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:43 AM
Master
Quote:
What a ferocious looking Tiger ! ready to pounce and take no mercy, lol !! ha ha ......

I understand now, what you are saying about Marketing being an Art and yes, I do agree with you on that being the new art form. Marketing isn't my cup of tea, I prefer the real art creativity of course, to sell one's art one does need to know how to market it. Can't have one without the other I guess ........

Thanks to marketing, the recipes one makes, never look quite the same as the pictures in the cookbooks or magazine, lol ! ..... however, the pictures do sell the cookbooks/magazines.

Mmmmmmm...Yes its been awhile since i pounced, and i don't want my teeth to go blunt...haha.

And yes Adrienne, sometimes the marketing can overshadow the actual art. Or of course make something appear better and more creative than it actually is. But i guess you have to appreciate somebody who can evoke and entice people in that sort of way! in all art forms, like you stated.....these days you can't really have one without the other. But like in mainstream music and entertainment you see today, allot of it is all style and no substance........especially in the music.

I watched a animated film called "American Pop" awhile back, now the music in that film had style and substance, and that film had style and substance. Music with me its (How it makes me feel, i am not necessarily paying attention to lyrics hahaha! or the image of somebody), music from different decades makes me feel different.....because of the substance/culture around it.

Musical films these days don't really work, because there is no substance around anymore (For me personally anyway, can't be too pessimistic).

American Pop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-UCLiQ5EdQ

Decent animation this Adrienne.....
Old 09-06-2015, 02:15 AM
Deactivated Account

ha ha, don't think you have to worry about the teeth, lol .... they look very sharp !

Interesting on the music connections ..... nice animated clip, looks like a good movie ! I enjoy listening to the lyrics, I don't really like most of the videos that go along with the songs... I find them distracting, takes one away from the song, most of the time.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:25 AM
Master
Quote:
ha ha, don't think you have to worry about the teeth, lol .... they look very sharp !

Interesting on the music connections ..... nice animated clip, looks like a good movie ! I enjoy listening to the lyrics, I don't really like most of the videos that go along with the songs... I find them distracting, takes one away from the song, most of the time.

I guess they are........

Yes i enjoy listening to lyrics aswell, but they have to evoke a feeling. And yes i agree with you on the music videos, don't mind the VH1 classics though........

Well anyway i am off to bed now, Good Night Adrienne...
Old 09-06-2015, 02:41 AM
Deactivated Account

Good night Tiger

I just re- read your other post about the music, yes of course on the feelings, instrumentals are nice also, no words to get in the way !
Old 09-06-2015, 01:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Good night Tiger

I just re- read your other post about the music, yes of course on the feelings, instrumentals are nice also, no words to get in the way !

Thank you Adrienne.. and yes i agree with what you are saying there. Interesting the way different music evokes different feelings, probably all about frequency! boss word (frequency) isn't it.......I think people will gravitate towards whatever they synchronize/harmonize most with at any given time depending on their mood/personality. Same with any type of art i suppose aswell.......