Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-01-2014, 05:34 PM
serenesam

The Consequences of Suicide in the Afterlife

What do you think happens to someone who commits suicide? Do they immediately get reincarnated and come back? Do they just get stuck in a place until the expiration date of when they were meant to die? Do they get placed in some kind of prison cell? Who makes all of these decisions?

I know I could simply look up those questions myself but there just seems to be a lot of disinformation, propaganda, conflicting, contradictory, and inaccurate information out there.
Old 26-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Deactivated Account
I don't know for certain of course but my belief is that we have free will, which includes suicide. I can't see that we would be imprisoned or punished for an act that felt like the only way forward according to our state of consciousness at the time. If love is all there is, judgement doesn't come into it. Therefore, I imagine we would simply go back to where we came from - which is spirit.
Old 26-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Ascender
I believe in free will. Of course, some religions say that even though you have free will, you are not to harm others or yourself. I assume that includes suicide.
I think in Ásatrú if you commit suicide, you go to Helheim. It's not a bad place, nor are you punished unless you were evil in your life.
Old 26-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Experiencer

I talked to my son through evp (electronic voice phenomenon) two years after he died. It took me that long to get it all together...find out about evp, look into how to record, etc. I asked him how he spends his time ("with the kittens"), where he lives ("I'm still at the beach") and other things. I think he has had to face what he's done ("I've been sick mom"), but I do think he's fine, and in a better place. I think he will have to reincarnate and deal with the problems he tried to avoid in that next life ("I have to do it again.")
Old 26-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Administrator
Hi Serenesam.

When anyone passes through suicide they go straight into healing,like a hospital in the spirit world,they dont go anywhere different to anyone else.this question is often asked and as a medium.i have given messages to people from their loved ones who have passed through suicide.

Namaste
Old 26-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Hi Serenesam.

When anyone passes through suicide they go straight into healing,like a hospital in the spirit world,they dont go anywhere different to anyone else.this question is often asked and as a medium.i have given messages to people from their loved ones who have passed through suicide.

Namaste

That's really comforting to hear. A couple years ago I lost a good friend to what I believe was suicide. At her best,she was a beautiful and joyful spirit,but during her worst,she was troubled by so much pain and suffering both physically and mentally. If your hurting and in pain,I don't comprehend the logic or emotional intelligence to punish or harm someone for already being broken as some ancient scriptures may interpret.
Old 26-01-2014, 09:10 PM
pgrundy

Quote:
Hi Serenesam.

Namaste

This is what I understand of it as well. I was a suicide in a past life, and the circumstances relate strongly to my current life. It all makes sense and I am trying to do better this time around.
Old 27-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Seeker
My friend committed suicide and after his death and until now, he gave me signs that he is doing okay and just guiding me..he is free now..though maybe he regret what he did, for sure in his next life he will do his best shot :) God Bless
Old 27-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Experiencer

I have seen as a visionary in the tapestry/loom that suicide invokes a hex far side. My "prejudice" is Quabbala so I see it as a fight of intellect to reason out all the wrongs and misfortunes one of which is the suicide itself (the act not the person). I was relating to a Catholic at the time so believe me it was dreary and could take eternity to figure out. I guess basically that if you could pause for a second and not regret you would go straight on. IMHO.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Hmmmm

Quote:
Hi Serenesam.

Namaste

I agree with you. I have found that sometimes the person who has committed suicide is frightened to move into the light they think they will not be accepted. But once they make that decision their healing begins. I've even encountered one person that after his own suicide devoted his time in the spiritual world helping others that were affected or contemplating suicide.