Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-10-2010, 12:27 AM
Rich1987

I've always wanted to know

I know some people can see/hear spirits , but why can't some of us who really want to not see them?, my dad passed over 2 year ago and from time to time I sence he is near by - would be nice if I seen him even if it was for few seconds.
But I also hear spirits won't come near you if they know you would be scare 'ect'

What d'ya think?
Old 11-10-2010, 12:36 AM
Deactivated Account
Hi Rich, I think sometimes people really believe they are ready to see spirit, I know I did for a long long time but it just never happened, I realise now that this was because I was still fearful of seeing them deep down, I wasn't rready but I refused to acknowledge that.

IMO spirit knows what you truly feel and will not show you until you are ready, I think this is why we sometimes may see mists or orbs or spirit lights and shadows for a time, they are breaking us in gently. I was told very firmly by spirit to be patient and I was and I do see them now.

There are of course always exceptions to the rule and some will see them long before they are ready and get scared and turn their back on the whole thing. Some will just see and embrace it.

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 11-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Rich1987

Hey thanks for answering my question - I guess you're right : I suppose deep down I can't be ready , I am I jump at people jumping out on tv and stuff so how would I manage to see a spirit?
but I guess as I said I have sence people around me so I guess that is better than nothing and fingers crossed I will see them one day
Old 11-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Jules

Hi Rich,
Welcome to SF. I don't think we've met before, so it's nice to meet you :)

I can only tell you from my own experience and learnings whilst being on my own journey.

Everybody is born psychic and I was originally told not everyone has mediumistic tendancies. However, I'm not 100% in agreement with that.
I do think people can try too hard. It's all so simple but we make it so hard. Learn to meditate and go into the silence from within. Turn off your mind and start to concentrate on listening to your inner voice, trusting yourself that what you see, hear or feel is not from your own thoughts. Take notice of your dreams. Write them down, remembering as much detail as you can, not forgetting any emotion you felt with it. This is all about YOU. Each and every one of us develop at different paces. Find a spiritualist church nearby that does psychic/spiritual development groups, read, come on here, develop your own intuition,, use what tools you already have available to you and work with those. You've already started to do that by posing this question alone. You've opened up to the possiblity now. So my friend, enjoy the ride :). Look around the boards, ask questions, and most of all, have fun
Love light and laughter
Jules x
Old 11-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Rich1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Hi Rich,
Welcome to SF. I don't think we've met before, so it's nice to meet you :)

I can only tell you from my own experience and learnings whilst being on my own journey.

Everybody is born psychic and I was originally told not everyone has mediumistic tendancies. However, I'm not 100% in agreement with that.
I do think people can try too hard. It's all so simple but we make it so hard. Learn to meditate and go into the silence from within. Turn off your mind and start to concentrate on listening to your inner voice, trusting yourself that what you see, hear or feel is not from your own thoughts. Take notice of your dreams. Write them down, remembering as much detail as you can, not forgetting any emotion you felt with it. This is all about YOU. Each and every one of us develop at different paces. Find a spiritualist church nearby that does psychic/spiritual development groups, read, come on here, develop your own intuition,, use what tools you already have available to you and work with those. You've already started to do that by posing this question alone. You've opened up to the possiblity now. So my friend, enjoy the ride :). Look around the boards, ask questions, and most of all, have fun
Love light and laughter
Jules x

Nice to meet you too jules.

I get what you mean , maybe I have never been in the right state of mind to do what you decribed , I keep meaning to do it but I am always worrying about something and as for the spiritalist church 'ect' I have been meaning to go to one of them as well just never had the courage to go but hopefully some day soon.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:53 AM
Deactivated Account
Hi Rich, that's just my opinion, so please do read any further opinions people may post :)

Just to add what you say about jumping at people jumping out on tv etc, in my experience seeing a spirit for the first time was so subtle and gentle I didn't realise I had seen one until they were gone, then the surprise kicked in, in a pleasant way, but I wasn't scared.

I think the thought of seeing one, (as you say things jumping out, paranormal tv has a lot to answer for!!!) is the frightening bit, seeing one isn't scary at all, it's quite amazing once you get over the initial surprise (NOT fear.)

I've never known a single one to jump out to deliberately scare me, that is not their intention 99 times out of a hundred (as there is a darker side)

But your dad, he loved you in this world and he will love you where he is now, and would never dream of wanting to frighten you.

All I can do is advise you as I was advised, be patient :)

Spiritual Inspiration

Old 11-10-2010, 12:59 AM
Rich1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
Hi Rich, that's just my opinion, so please do read any further opinions people may post :)

Just to add what you say about jumping at people jumping out on tv etc, in my experience seeing a spirit for the first time was so subtle and gentle I didn't realise I had seen one until they were gone, then the surprise kicked in, in a pleasant way, but I wasn't scared.

I think the thought of seeing one, (as you say things jumping out, paranormal tv has a lot to answer for!!!) is the frightening bit, seeing one isn't scary at all, it's quite amazing once you get over the initial surprise (NOT fear.)

I've never known a single one to jump out to deliberately scare me, that is not their intention 99 times out of a hundred (as there is a darker side)

But your dad, he loved you in this world and he will love you where he is now, and would never dream of wanting to frighten you.

All I can do is advise you as I was advised, be patient :)

Well thanks for the advice , I meant to come on to a site like that before but just never got around to it.

Off subject of what we were talking about , sometimes I am sit in the living room or bedroom and I sometimes just sit there and talk out to who I think maybe there then sometimes I just feel stupid but I do sometimes feel something is close by ie: coldness or smells, my dad was a whisky drinker so I always seem to smell that smell a lot so who knows

But I am going to get myself along to one of they spiritalist churches just to sit and listen and maybe learn more about things.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Off subject of what we were talking about , sometimes I am sit in the living room or bedroom and I sometimes just sit there and talk out to who I think maybe there then sometimes I just feel stupid but I do sometimes feel something is close by ie: coldness or smells, my dad was a whisky drinker so I always seem to smell that smell a lot so who knows

HI Rich well that's excellent because that tells me you are well on your way because you must be sensitive to pick that much up :)

The Church is a good idea because even if it turns out it's not your cup of tea (the church side of it,) they often run development groups etc and you will be able to talk with the mediums there, please let us know how things go for you.

Spiritual Inspiration

Old 11-10-2010, 02:21 AM
Deactivated Account

hi Rich,

I am sorry to hear about your dad

If you sense his presence and notice certain scents that remind you of him, I would say you are doing quite well. Not everyone can notice scents, and not everyone senses a presence.

As regards seeing your dad, from what I have heard it takes a lot for them to manifest themselves to us, and of course there is the idea of one not being too overexcited at the event, because then * poof ! they disappear immediately !

If you are already talking to your dad, how about asking him to give you signs that he is with you. You can ask him to rap on the wall, to send you feathers, pennies, things like that... or you can ask him to be creative, then be open to any and all possibilities. I know this is possible because I have done so, I have requested and I have received my requests... but you must also be patient, sometimes it does take awhile and with each person it is different. I am just speaking from my own experiences.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 11-10-2010, 10:08 AM
ThinkingAloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1987
I know some people can see/hear spirits , but why can't some of us who really want to not see them?, my dad passed over 2 year ago and from time to time I sence he is near by - would be nice if I seen him even if it was for few seconds.
But I also hear spirits won't come near you if they know you would be scare 'ect'

What d'ya think?

Hi Rich.

Yes, you are absolutely right! apparently, if the spirit people think you'll be scared, they wont show themselves.

I don't know if you've heard of medium Mia Dolan? Anyway, I read her book and in it she describes how she asked her spirit guide to show himself.

He told her she wasn't ready but she insisted she was. So, after seeing him forming in the doorway and eventually showing himself in full, she ran out of the house to her Mum's out of fear!

We do sometimes think we're ready but deep down would be pretty terrified if a spirit appeared.

Maybe ask for smaller signs. Just ask your Dad to give you a sign he's around. Something may happen, not immediately, but at some stage.

It may be that you'll get a whiff of his favourite aftershave. You may even see small lights.

All the best.