Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Perinelle

Prayer for sleep?

I just moved into a new house for school that's left me feeling sort of uncomfortable at night. I wake up every night around 1 and 2 am and I always feel creeped out, so much that my adrenalin wont go down. It doesn't happen unless I'm in an uncomfortable living space, in my old dorms it was SO nice to sleep that I wouldn't wake up until morning. Now its not so easy to sleep and I have to deal with this for 4 months.

Are there any prayers that would make me feel more at ease to sleep in this house?
Old 26-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Master
People don't realize this until it happens, but moving or staying in a new place after long time at the old one is something upsets the usual routine the usual atmosphere, etc. and it will take a little time to adjust to the new environment/home. It's just the unfamiliar, Maybe not necesarily truly spooked or really haunted, just one's mind trying to adjust to the new place.

I would simply pray my own thought-type of prayer, getting into a comfortable position for the praying, whether on your knees next to the bed or lying in bed, either way, whatever feels best. I think one's own thoughts cut to the chase and speaks directly of your concerns, problems, and gratitude.

I hope you feel better tonight about it all.

Old 26-01-2011, 09:09 PM
iolite

When I get that feeling that someone is watching, I call on the Archangel Michael and ask that he clear the house and post angels at all windows and doors to protect the house and us in it from unwelcome entities. Then, I go get a cat to sleep with!

You could also try smudging the room too. That should clear everything too.

http://www.asunam.com/smudge_ceremony.html

If you can't burn the sage, due to room mates, etc.. You could brew some sage tea (health food stores carry it) and put it in a spray bottle.

http://www.smudgeinspray.com/

http://www.ravenandcrone.com/catalog...oducts_id=6703
Old 29-01-2011, 01:50 AM
Perinelle

Thank you for the kind words and suggestions but I'm thinking that it's best to move out.

I don't know why but the other girls living here don't seem to have any problems but I for some reason still have trouble sleeping and I've been becoming extremely depressed just with in the last couple days. I'm not sure if it's the lighting or what, but my mind is just completely taxed, and I've just been crying for two days straight. I went and saw a school counselor and they are prescribing me some things, my mom says that its not a good idea to start taking drugs and it's just better to leave.
Old 29-01-2011, 02:07 AM
iolite

Until you move, call on Arch Angel Michael and ask him to clear out all the negative energy that is causing you so much distress.
Old 29-01-2011, 02:40 AM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perinelle
Thank you for the kind words and suggestions but I'm thinking that it's best to move out.

I don't know why but the other girls living here don't seem to have any problems but I for some reason still have trouble sleeping and I've been becoming extremely depressed just with in the last couple days. I'm not sure if it's the lighting or what, but my mind is just completely taxed, and I've just been crying for two days straight. I went and saw a school counselor and they are prescribing me some things, my mom says that its not a good idea to start taking drugs and it's just better to leave.

Hey Perinelle!

I'll go say a prayer for you right now.

If it helps, I just found a Psalm that may give you comfort

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for thou alone, O Lord, dost make me to dwell in safety.

Psalm 4:8"
Old 29-01-2011, 02:44 AM
Perinelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamist
Hey Perinelle!

I'll go say a prayer for you right now.

If it helps, I just found a Psalm that may give you comfort

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for thou alone, O Lord, dost make me to dwell in safety.

Psalm 4:8"

Thank you. That's very nice of you. That Psalm is perfect for me. Thank you
Old 03-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Perinelle

I want to give an update that I've successfully moved out and into another place and I am sleeping VERY well and thanks to that I'm no longer feeling depressed or angry. :) Thank you everyone for the help.
Old 15-02-2011, 01:43 AM
dayspringtony

Not quite similar to Perinelle, but I have severe apnia and sometimes I can only get 1 or 2 hours a night. I even lost a Job, my life is very upset due to deprevation and the cpap machine almost worked. Without work now though to pay for it they took it back!!??? Please put me in a few of your prayers. I would really appreciate it. I will try to pray more to Jesus and to Micheal for help as well. Thank you Dynamist I will remember that also.
Old 17-02-2011, 03:12 PM
scottyaks143

Yes you should surrender yourself to our God when you pray.. I mean open your heart when you pray. Imagine that you are talking to him one on one.