Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Master
Why do we cry when someone dies ?

I know for the obvious reasons, fear of not seeing them again, disappointment etc.

But on a deeper level, i guess it's something to ponder on. The reason why we cry when someone dies, especially family.

Thoughts ?
Old 27-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Terracotta

Because our lives are beautiful things, regardless of afterlife, and we cry when beautiful things end.
Old 27-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Tara_Joy

To me crying is a stress relief, a way of letting go. Whether it be someone's passing, or be being so extremely angry I can't take it. Sometimes when I need a 'cleanse' I automatically know that if I cry it will give me a release.

So, I think it helps us let go.
Old 27-06-2013, 08:31 PM
AnnieeBubble

I like to theorise, so perhaps in tears there are memories or expectations or something, which we let go of when we cry?

Probably not though :P
Old 28-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Experiencer
I find the most difficult when someone dies is the questions and their thoughts on different things, the conversations you know you'll miss, and knowing how much fun you'll miss with thst person. Memories are all you really have left. I cried alot. She was sick foa such a long time, but it was still a shock.

I hoped she would visit me in spirit, but its going on three yesrs now and I've only visited with her in two dreams. I miss her still.
Old 28-06-2013, 12:30 AM
Administrator
Hello

There has been no tears in this house when someone passes in year's. In part its due to me being a Medium I know well that its not the end but a transformation. Having three kids that are aware that its not an end they too have not shed tears.

Its a release of emotions like a letting go. Often when I am doing a reading I am over come with emotions but that is the energy of the joy of Spirit being able to pass along a message. I remember doing a reading and me Son coming in the room and goes OMG Mom your crying never seen that.

It seems cold at times I guess if one does not cry, but the emotions are still there that feel the loss.

Lynn
Old 28-06-2013, 02:30 AM
Master
I guess there's gotta be a reason why some cry and some do not. I'm a cryer, and yet I feel it doesn't harm me. It feels like I was meant to. I've been ultra-sensitive to death since I was very young. I think about how emo I am as just being me, but it really upset my son whenever I'd cry he'd get angry and want me to stop it. I don't have a particular problem with it because it comes and then it goes. I don't even think deeply about it because it's just so natural. I used to be upset when others wouldn't cry, lol. I guess it's just the love we have for each other.

Old 28-06-2013, 05:27 AM
Master
We cry for our own loss, we cry because we loved the presence of that person, we want to see them touch them and after passing we cannot...We cry for our own physical and emotional pain of not having their life with us to share....we cry because we will be alone to deal with life without them (depending on the relationship) We cry when our parents go because they were the first in our lives our anchor in life, we then have to go on without that anchor of support......there are so many reasons why, but mostly is because we mourn for our own personal loss of the physicality of the one we love in our human existence......to know they are not really gone, still does not ease the pain of their departure from the physical....well for some at any rate i suppose.....many blessings
Old 28-06-2013, 06:11 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly1
We cry for our own loss, we cry because we loved the presence of that person, we want to see them touch them and after passing we cannot...We cry for our own physical and emotional pain of not having their life with us to share....we cry because we will be alone to deal with life without them (depending on the relationship) We cry when our parents go because they were the first in our lives our anchor in life, we then have to go on without that anchor of support......there are so many reasons why, but mostly is because we mourn for our own personal loss of the physicality of the one we love in our human existence......to know they are not really gone, still does not ease the pain of their departure from the physical....well for some at any rate i suppose.....many blessings

Lovely post and my feelings also....
Old 28-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Master

Feelings of abandonment. Pretty much what Dragonfly1 was saying.