Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-12-2018, 04:49 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Power....well, we all have it, even if we don't realize how much we have.
Our thoughts, intentions, desires, words and beliefs have immense power.

There is power in our confident stance and in our very aura.
As there is power in our weak, confused stance and aura.

I would say..."Discover the power you have! Use it wisely for good!"

Yes I agree, there is always power in us, even in our weak states. I was taught that everything is power.

I see it like this... when you look at sky we have been taght that the wind moves the clouds. We uphold that teaching and align it into our realities every time we gaze at the sky. We give that form of power to the wind. However when that power is claimed we may shift it into another form. We must first claim the power as ours, even as our choice. Then re-look at the clouds with a new 'vision' or formation and you will see the sky's clouds may be moved in different ways.
Old 25-12-2018, 04:51 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Hi and thank you for the topic to pick at. If you did want to eat my brain, I'd be calling you a zombie.

There are different forms of power: monetary, political and personal. Since we know what monetary and political power is, I want to mention personal power. A definition of personal power can be described as having everything material taken away from you. Once that is theoretically done leaving you in a wilderness, what remains? You have your body and all that it contains. You have your mind, your energetic system (chakras), your soul, your Higher Self and spirit guides. In short, everything you built up along your spiritual path.

No one can take those away from you. You can lose monetary and political power but not your personal power unless you mess up big time but even then, you still have it regardless if you're aware of it or not. You have the power to develop yourself but is your decision to do so, or not, and that is the power of free choice.

That is very wise to believe in and sustain. That personal power may not be lost. I have been in many situations where I had been made weak and lost much power. I decided one day to say that losing power is not real and just a delusion i believed in. At that moment all my lost power came back to me, although i coudnt feel it. I picked up my power by believing as you do, that personal power can not be lost. After that battle I never lost my power again.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 25-12-2018, 04:55 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson
The universe is self governing. Any power isn't yours at all. The word alone should scare us.

To look at it from a few angles starting with the most pragmatic. Let's say this is what the human mind is evolving towards. It would make sense that other beings on other planets may have developed abilities like telepathy, or have an inate understanding of free flow consciousness. How would evolution work this out? Opening doors in the mind, reworking the structure of the psyche towards this end would take a being that understands it's not power to be wielded.

Another view point, let's say it's inside of all of us and has been since the dawn of human existence. The more doors we open in the mind, if any negatively through thoughts of power get in it will destroy you. We will play with ideas of power which will lead to the subconscious activating perceived roles of what power entails. Pushing more fantasy and psychosis to the forefront.

The last point is God and borrowed energy. That this experience is self governing and you are being trusted with it for doing good. Karma is the overarching law.

Your post is a good example how one may invest power. Power can be invested in many ways and into many ideas. For example 1 out of 4 people supposedly get cancer. Do you believe this? If so then you invest power over yourself. Are you just an average person like the ones in the statistics? What sets you apart? If you invest power in cancer over yourself thne so be it done.

I mention this because you say power can be dangerous and can lead to fantasy and psychosis. Indeed it can if that is the path you invest in. I personally would not invest power in those ways and if I did i would be sure not to follow them.
Old 25-12-2018, 05:00 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Power may be considered as the ability to impose our will and manipulate circumstances accordingly. So some people seek power over others or their environment. Such power is limited and temporary.

The wise person seeks power over himself or herself. Such a person has control over the lower nature, and they are not driven by their personal desires.

The true Sage enjoys the power to be still and do nothing. By doing nothing, nothing is left undone. In Taoism this is known as Wu Wei. We act according to what is required but we do not interfere with the flow of Life.

Peace.

Ah but control over another can lead to great things and great outcomes. I practice control over others, and I have made bad people into good people. Control is power indeed, and I wonder why you ave given it a negative light. All power can be used for good or bad and that is the choice the wielder must make. I use it for good mostly, although i do have a lil dark side I indulge in as well. Nothing evil. Just fun.

The one who wields the most power, absolute power, is akin to becoming pure will. Pure will/intent, has no true volition. It is indifferent and raw. It has no desire and does nothing. It needs a volition to be moved into action.
Old 25-12-2018, 05:01 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
Ok, it depends.
Power in what context?
for physical strength? for control? for change? for what exactly?

well ya see, i am picking YOUR brain here, so really I would like to her whatever comes to your mind about the topic...........
Old 25-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Knower
Medicine Power is within you. If not, you would not be here.
Old 25-12-2018, 06:42 PM
Master
Another thought on personal power. We are born with it making personal power a gift from God but to step into this power we need to take the first step and acknowledge it. Once that's done, we now have a choice to develop it or not. If we choose to develop it, then we can do so but with God's help as, at that point, we are not ready to stand on our own two feet. We are but toddlers, or children, learning to walk with our parents help.

Once we have that little beginning, we can build upon it until we are independent of God helping us develop our own power which leads us into our own divinity. This is what I call stepping into our own godhood.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 26-12-2018, 04:30 AM
Deactivated Account
Oddly enough I'm speaking of investing in the word power itself. Sorry I have a bad habit of speaking in absolutes. I realize each experience is different. Words invoke concepts. We can examine this through Carl Jung's archetypes. Thoughts are filtered tbrough archetypes whether it be the moon or Armageddon we have subconscious connections of words to concepts. For me personally to seek power hits a bad note with me. Though I did like seeing the phrase medicinal power in this thread. Societies use language, whether evolving naturally, or consciousness manipulation to portray ideas faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerubiel
I mention this because you say power can be dangerous and can lead to fantasy and psychosis. Indeed it can if that is the path you invest in. I personally would not invest power in those ways and if I did i would be sure not to follow them.
Old 26-12-2018, 07:56 AM
Master
I believe true"power" comes from within. But people often seem to be controlled by others around you. Others can empower you or weaken you. Since it's common that you chose who you socialize with you with you choose to be empowered or not. When you're out of your own element and can find empowerment from within is when you really shine.
Old 27-12-2018, 03:35 PM
ketzer

Power is (among other things) like an X-ray machine for the ego. It can often show what is masked or hidden to the world, and often to one's own mind, positive and/or negative. But one's own mind must see and accept what is on the image. It can be a tool for reassurance, self discovery, healing, and growth, but not if the patient decides to remain in a state of denial.