Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 23-10-2018, 02:29 PM
Master
[quote=Baile]Junk food is not bad for spirit QUOTE]

I think it is, in the long run, for instance organic is more spiritual.
in places where others do not.
Old 23-10-2018, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPearl
This may be a complicated question but if so I was wondering how I can add this on to my everyday life. If junk food is bad for spirit (speaking in terms of whether it may be because I don’t know) is it okay to have it occasionally? Or should I just stay away from it altogether. If the answer is yes junk is bad I’d possibly like to know which junk foods are bad so I can better myself. :)
spiritually, I don't think what you eat or drink makes a difference. It's what's in your heart that makes all the difference.
Old 23-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
spiritually, I don't think what you eat or drink makes a difference. It's what's in your heart that makes all the difference.
That's basically dualism taken to the extreme.. a very strong separation of body and mind and between body and soul.
Surely these layers are connected and not existing in vacuums..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
Yes.. since organic produce means no pesticides and herbicides are used, so generally it means we are less destructive and harmful towards other living beings. Of course there will be exceptions but they don't change the general picture here. Harmony instead of destruction.
Old 23-10-2018, 05:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
You missed my point I think.

It is not what we eat (or do) that is the problem. It is doing something we KNOW is wrong or bad for us... that's when problems start. Junk food is bad for the body. When people eat it without thinking, without having any consciousness when eating it, it is really only bad for the body.

It has the potential to become bad for the spirit only after the person wakes up, and KNOWS they shouldn't be eating it. If they continue to eat it after that, it becomes bad for the spirit. When people are doing things they know are wrong for them, it negatively affects the psyche. And that's when spiritual problems arise, often in the form of psychological issues caused by shame, anger and self-loathing.
Old 24-10-2018, 07:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile

It is not what we eat (or do) that is the problem. It is doing something we KNOW is wrong or bad for us... that's when problems start. Junk food is bad for the body. When people eat it without thinking, without having any consciousness when eating it, it is really only bad for the body.

It has the potential to become bad for the spirit only after the person wakes up, and KNOWS they shouldn't be eating it. If they continue to eat it after that, it becomes bad for the spirit. When people are doing things they know are wrong for them, it negatively affects the psyche. And that's when spiritual problems arise, often in the form of psychological issues caused by shame, anger and self-loathing.
thinking about, and knowing where it came from I think makes a big difference. For example, I make wine as a hobby. Before I started making it I never understood why they call wine and other distilled drinks spirits. Just to watch it ferment is amazing. It literally comes to life, it moves, breathes, and even makes it's own heat. After the ferment you still have to care for and nurture it for a few years for it to be at it's best. That's not even including finding the perfect fruit at the just right ripeness. When you buy wine or anything else you just can't appreciate what went into what you're eating or drinking.
Old 25-10-2018, 12:12 PM
Master
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Yes.. since organic produce means no pesticides and herbicides are used, so generally it means we are less destructive and harmful towards other living beings. Of course there will be exceptions but they don't change the general picture here. Harmony instead of destruction.

Well at least me and you get it, and i'm sure lots of others do too.
Old 25-10-2018, 12:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile

I see what you are saying, I was talking about how I see the organic lifestyle as a spiritual thing to do.
Old 01-01-2019, 07:00 PM
Deactivated Account

I don't think it's "bad for the spirit" but I do think eating healthy (and clean) deepens the connection to spirit. And I do believe vegetarian and/or vegan is the way to go but that's a personal choice.

I find that when I'm focused on staying connected, I crave junk food less. And if I do eat something unhealthy, I feel a little off. So I say, just follow your heart and see how you feel. I've noticed that I've gradually phased alcohol and fried foods out of my life. It just feel right. I think along the way, you might notice more what works for you and what doesn't. You won't even have to think about it.

Good luck on your journey. Your intuition and your body will let you know what's right for you.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMKZ
I don't think it's "bad for the spirit" but I do think eating healthy (and clean) deepens the connection to spirit.
That's what it's all about.. the connection. While the spirit is pure it does not mean the rest of our 'being' is pure, and shedding layers of negative karma (which includes negative impact from specific foods, drinks, activities, etc.) improves that connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMKZ
Good luck on your journey. Your intuition and your body will let you know what's right for you.
Yes, but it's not always clear for people to separate intuition from cravings. A good dose of rationality is necessary as well, since some bodies crave the wrong things, such as alcohol and nicotine, that are detrimental to health.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:23 PM
Master
well there are people who are very spiritually adept that eat all sorts of unfortunate things, and people who eat clean that aren't connected spiritually. though that doesn't mean that the adept group wouldn't benefit from cleaning up their diet.

To me it has to do with purity, and honoring God's or the divine's creation. and I really see how humanity has gone awry fueled by its toxic choices that deviate too far from nature. I truly believe that most problems and violent acts (whether physical or otherwise) would disappear if everyone was eating from the Earth and understood the proper way to do it, raw and with an emphasis on fruit, which most could agree appears to be the most divine food choice available. and there's science behind the sense of that. but anyways I don't want to have tomatoes thrown at me so I'll stop talking about fruit lol, some people here are against my insisting it is the ideal food though I don't think they are being honest or open with themselves or the facts.

Anywayss, that being said, there are different grades of junk food. and some junk food could actually be considered healthier than what some believe is a well-balanced healthy meal. I think the main issue is always going to be

~ how far deviated from or deprived of nature is this? ~

and that includes human nature, because our bodies get the most out of certain foods and combinations, and others can be detrimental overall.

So if you want to eat junk food, try to get less processed ingredients. or better yet find pure raw foods that you enjoy and can seem indulgent while being healthy for you. I know it's not always gonna seem the same, and I think we feel cravings for certain foods because of how unhealthy or out of tune we are actually.. but anyways, something like a banana smoothie with flax seeds and coconut manna can taste like banana cream pie. and is so healthy. though I do wish I was good at baking, because I would try to make a banana cream pie using ingredients like dates, or even coconut sugar, and cashew cream or you can use aquafaba the liquid from cans of chickpeas to make a whipped cream or meringue even. there are lots of ways to make traditional foods using better ingredients.

If you want help finding brands or products that offer something better than what you might commonly find, I've done a lot of research on it. the main thing is to try to stick to organic, which means it wasn't poisoned as much or at all if you're lucky, and stay clear of overly processed things like soy or canola. most bags of chips will have soy or canola oil, and they are worse, but you can find ones that only use sunflower oil or avocado oil or something. that's really important. if you don't get organic, at least get non-gmo cuz genetically modified stuff is very evil and against nature, and sprayed with extra chemicals. and also there are sneaky ingredients they won't tell you what they are, like 'natural flavors' which are not worth eating. I admit I still eat a couple things that have them, but I try not to and at one point I completely cut them out.. I have to get back to there. if they were that good to eat they would tell you what exactly it is, but they hide the ingredients, which are often chemicals, or even beaver anal gland juice for flavors like vanilla and strawberry or raspberry.. anyway lol just try to keep it pure! and you don't have to worry about all of the insanity.

dates or of course fruit are the best way to sweeten something, but maple syrup or coconut sugar are much better than cane sugar or sugar derived from corn or beets, which is usually gmo. cane sugar is not good for us though, unless you get the whole pure sugarcane but yeah that isn't likely or what ends up in almost everything on the store shelf. but coconut sugar is actually from coconut nectar which comes from coconut trees, and date sugar is a better choice than cane or other white or brown sugar too.

People can be empowered and regenerated by their minds and spirits and such, but toxic foods or things too far deviated from nature have an effect on them whether they want to be aware of it or not. And what is the point of dishonoring God's delicious creations? and our own divine bodies?
We can't really think that will bring us any closer to him or our innate state. I think if/when I clear out my own body with a seriously detoxifying regiment that I will become a lot more spiritually inclined and open, and that the toxicity I've been living with since childhood is where most of my problems stem from. and those knowledgeable about detoxification say that when you clean and heal the body, old emotions and issues and such go along with the toxins, which is pretty cool and incentive to detoxify sooner than later. The body has a powerful lymphatic system, and most are damaged and not able to function properly, though some people still manage to have a greatly energetic body and systems.. but that is the waste system and it has to deal with whatever undesirable or unnatural things we put in our bodies, and it can only do so much.. and making it work overtime, or causing it to stop working, will naturally interfere with our connection to that beyond our body.