Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old Yesterday, 07:28 AM
Newbie ;)

I would have thought the Nazis and all the bat**** craziness they were into, with the Thule society and whatnot, would have been a perfectly adequate example for New Age ideas gone wrong. They were also heavily influenced by Theosophy. Just the fact that you can't use swastikas or the term aryan in their proper context shows the damage half-baked New Age ideas can do. I myself like to stick to Old Age sources and try not to misinterpret them.
Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
There have been cultish new age pseudo-hippy movements, maybe like maybe like the Heavens Gate; Osho's 'orange people' were pretty mad; Oum Shinrikyo in Japan, which is a Buddhist derivative; The Manson Family, of course... so many. I could list several Christian based groups which were/are just as bad or worse - so you know - 'the log in your eye', 'glasshouses', 'cast the first stone' and all that.

Yes I agree, and on the whole like all spiritual movements, there are the exception where one person will refer to them self as a God or almighty guru or "THE" Jesus from old, etc etc. And set up a small cult.

BUT yes the majority of all others are pretty much loving movements...I think you get my drift, and as you mentioned DISCERNMENT is necessary.
Ta.
Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Yes I agree, and on the whole like all spiritual movements, there are the exception where one person will refer to them self as a God or almighty guru or "THE" Jesus from old, etc etc. And set up a small cult.

BUT yes the majority of all others are pretty much loving movements...I think you get my drift, and as you mentioned DISCERNMENT is necessary.
Ta.

Yes. People are generally kind and loving, but not always, and there is no end to the depths of human love or their cruelty, so all of this emerges in spiritual followings of all sorts, including Christianity, because they are man made - not divine - and each person has to become aware of their true motives, and discern upon virtues such as love, empathy, compassion, generosity and other beneficial merits.
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM
Newbie ;)

New age is about healing. There is no Devil.

In new age, Devil is a boring concept who doesn’t know about healing.
Old Today, 01:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
You basically have to look through an 'evil shaped lens' to see abomination in the new age, and actually, new age spirituality comes with the good and the bad as does Christianity and the other religions.

For example, I could refer the readers to the many atrocities perpetuated by churches and their representatives and claim Christianity is evil in exactly the same way as SimpleMan does the New Age, with just as much validity or lack thereof.

My way is very different because I emanate love for all things and take the good and the bad with the same mindful equanimity, and just try to do what is for the best.

Wow Gem! For a person that claimed in the past that he is not spiritual, you sound pretty darn spiritual with your comments on how you emanate from love. :-) Its a great way to be!

However, I did not see simple man provide any "evil" actions perpetrated by the "New Age". Perhaps he thinks the beliefs in and of themselves are evil which is his prerogative. I will definitely ask him about that some more as he was evasive in his last post when I asked him.
Old Today, 01:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
The new age teachings.... It's not strange that on a christian sub-forum there is more stuff about the new age than about the Word of God? It's like you all want to promote your agenda, why don't you do it on the muslim forum too? I wonder.

Christianity is the main target, not the muslim religion.

As far as a christian sub-forum, this is not the "fundamental christian" sub forum or the "traditional christian" sub forum but the "christian" sub forum. Many things are discussed such as the gospel of thomas, the dead sea scrolls, the gnostic gospels etc. that traditional or fundamental christians do not believe in.

What I find strange is that you don't answer my question but instead deflect with unrelated questions and questionable unrelated conclusions. That indicates that you have no evidence at all that the new age is evil.

I once again ask:

How do you know them (e.g. "new age" or whatever) to be evil? What standards do you use and are you able to back it up with evidence?