Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Burntfruit

sorry about your dad
Old 05-03-2016, 03:44 PM
Knower

My heart goes out to you as well. I recently lost my grandfather, and I'm not quite sure just what I would do if I was in your place.

Have faith you will see him once again. You'll always miss your dad once he's gone, but you will eventually feel better <3

Be thankful for the days you have with him, no matter how difficult this is.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:07 PM
Master
I am very sorry for your loss. I am sure he will be in your heart forever and sure he is with you in spirit.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:16 AM
Seeker

I found this to be a very helpful video. I know you will find the courage in yourself. Big hugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z20cGL9MScM

Can we be completely free from the fear of death?
- Bentinho Massaro
Old 10-03-2016, 10:10 AM
Knower

My dear what you are going through is hard, but we have not come to this world and left to our own. So you are not alone. Nor is your dad. There is a porpus to this universe and a bigger plan than what we can see. God has his own unique ways. Nothing is just accidental. Perhaps you left this message here because you were suposed to do so. Visit my blog interiniversalism.WordPress.com just copy and paste it . I may be able to help.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:11 PM
Pathfinder
I'm sorry for not posting for a while, I had to bury my Dads ashes yesterday and I think it has started to hit me full on, that he's gone. I know he's still with me in spirit but I'm missing him terribly and am totally broken inside. I love my Dad so much and I miss him so much.

I feel this black hole and pain in my heart and soul that is like nothing I have ever felt before. My life just doesn't make any sense without my Dad.

I feel so low, I want to be with him, I want to hear his voice and know that he's there. I can't, so I've booked a counselling appointment, as I have to get help now.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Ascender

Totally understand you. I have to be straight with you, its very, very early days and its almost certain that you will not be feeling any iota better in 12 months time. I say that not to be harsh but as a kindness to not mislead as some perhaps do unintentionally. These are not things that anyone gets over in 6 months time, unless you weren't close to your parents.

Im 15 months on from my dear mother's passing and am feeling far, far worse than the same time last year. Totally desolate and deserted by extended family. Those first few months are somewhat dulled by the novelty of the situation and the numbing effects of shock which last far longer than many think. After a year or so, the reality of it all and the full horror of the void came crashing upon me with a fury I could never have dreamed of.

What I am trying to say is you must accept the grief and not let ANYONE try and tell you that you should ever be over it after a set period of time. Do not set a goal on this, its something that you cant put a target on. Never feel pressured into shortcuts on this process. I really do feel for you though as there really isn't anything worse than the death of a loved parent. Obviously a child may well be but as I don't have kids I cant picture that as much.

On a side note, Ive not posted on here much lately as my open mindedness to things like life after death is very diminished of late. I get nothing in the way of signs and Im just not buying the idea that somehow we can live on when we have physically vanished
Old 10-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Zendo

If you read the book, Journey of Souls by Michael Newton, it may help you with your grief. There really is no death and you will see and be with all of your loved ones again.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMist
I'm sorry for not posting for a while, I had to bury my Dads ashes yesterday and I think it has started to hit me full on, that he's gone. I know he's still with me in spirit but I'm missing him terribly and am totally broken inside. I love my Dad so much and I miss him so much.

I feel this black hole and pain in my heart and soul that is like nothing I have ever felt before. My life just doesn't make any sense without my Dad.

I feel so low, I want to be with him, I want to hear his voice and know that he's there. I can't, so I've booked a counselling appointment, as I have to get help now.

It's what we go through when we lose someone whom we love dearly, like my son. It's been six years and your post makes me want to cry when I think of my son being gone, too. You won't ever stop missing him, that much I know. You'll be learning how to handle it slowly over time. It's not easy to remember what a good person they are, but it will come, slowly perhaps but it will come to remember with a smile and less tears. He left you with good stuff on which to live your life. Bless you!

Old 10-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Suspended

Hey PurpleMist...

My sincere condolences to you...I think it's good you are seeking counseling as it's very good to have someone to talk to about your feelings of grief...I understand what it's like to lose close loved ones from cancer (My Uncle passed away from cancer last November...)...so I understand how it feels to see their health deteriorate...

I recall reading through your older posts here your Dad was deeply spiritual and how he felt at peace at his passing...Hang on to your thoughts...I understand it's hard right now and take as much time as you need to grieve...Your Dad will always be with you in spirit...