Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 31-05-2018, 05:29 PM
Knower

Quote:
Overthinking it a bit I think... is it a matter of semantics? A reflection could be defined as a mirror image, or it could be defined in a few other ways. And, everyone we meet has something to teach us about ourselves - we all reflect things back to each other....
Really? The two terms can mean two distinctly different things if not other things. Although sometimes they can mean the same thing they are not exclusively describing the same thing as in "six of one, a half dozen of the other."

This may or may not make sense to anyone but I am wondering what I am involved in. I was certain it was at least one thing but with time I have experienced it as that and more. The consequences have disrupted my life to such a degree that I am not sure what has happened. It has altered my ability to be what I had thought I was in this.......like I said, this may not make sense to anyone. I included it here because it illustrates my need for clarification.

I appreciate all of the contributions and efforts here. :-) XOXOXO (-:
Old 31-05-2018, 05:47 PM
Knower

Quote:
I think it's the wording, and I see your point with 'mirror reflection'. What it means (IMO), is that this person is unveiling all your dark side to you, and I mean the deepest, dirtiest, darkest insecurities you weren't consciously aware of until you met this person. You may have had an idea, but they're completely exposed and you're like a rabbit in the headlights, utterly speechless at how much wounding you contain within, yet you had no idea of the severity of the pain. All your insecurities - every single one of them. You are triggered by them as a person, their personality habits, traits, their past actions etc - it all hits you like a bomb has just exploded in front of you.

That is what happened to me, anyway.
Is it only the dark things? Or does the dark side just stand out because everyone is shocked when faced with the things they generally avoid or deny or struggle with?

It seems like there would also be good things shown back to you as well. Aside from the bond at the heart what would compel anyone to stick around when someone is everything you dislike about yourself?

Where are the people who are rotten on the outside and good on the inside?
Old 31-05-2018, 10:37 PM
Experiencer

I don't read any "official" TF information, so I may be wrong, but in my perception, the references to mirrors are sort of like that cliche that the eyes are the mirrors of the soul. When you look into someone's eyes, you see the depth of their soul, but you also see a reflection of you. They are you. So what you see is both a perception of that person as well as a view of yourself. How you handle that view, I think, dictates how the connection will develop. So, when I met my TF, I was terrified to look into his eyes because somehow before doing so, I just knew something big would happen. Once I did it, I saw what a special soul he was, but I also saw the part of me that I didn't like to face, the feelings of insecurity, the worthlessness...The thing is, the good things I saw in him are in me, too. Part of the separation, the learning, has been realizing that there are both good and bad. Reflections typically bring out our insecurities. Think of a mirror. Look at yourself. Do you see the good things about you? Or do you notice every wrinkle, every imperfection? Much like a mirror, you see what you perceive. Some people will only see the good, some people the bad, and some both.
Old 31-05-2018, 11:20 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhaunts03
I don't read any "official" TF information, so I may be wrong, but in my perception, the references to mirrors are sort of like that cliche that the eyes are the mirrors of the soul. When you look into someone's eyes, you see the depth of their soul, but you also see a reflection of you. They are you. So what you see is both a perception of that person as well as a view of yourself. How you handle that view, I think, dictates how the connection will develop. So, when I met my TF, I was terrified to look into his eyes because somehow before doing so, I just knew something big would happen. Once I did it, I saw what a special soul he was, but I also saw the part of me that I didn't like to face, the feelings of insecurity, the worthlessness...The thing is, the good things I saw in him are in me, too. Part of the separation, the learning, has been realizing that there are both good and bad. Reflections typically bring out our insecurities. Think of a mirror. Look at yourself. Do you see the good things about you? Or do you notice every wrinkle, every imperfection? Much like a mirror, you see what you perceive. Some people will only see the good, some people the bad, and some both.
The expression is actually, "The eyes are the windows to the soul" but I get what you are saying. Most of the time I have found this to be comforting and to set me at ease rather than bringing up uncomfortable things about myself. I set aside those personal Earth-life concerns and see the greater picture, (see below*). It is only when I look more shallowly that I sometimes feel uncomfortable due to things about myself I am not happy with. Maybe this person is not a TF and is more of a SM. Eye contact has been the thing that confirms the bond and removes any doubt between us rather than stirring up concerns. But I think I am missing the point you were making. It is not only eye contact it is all contact. This person has offset things in me that I had thought were solid. This person needed me to be one way but they have almost destroyed my ability to be this to them. The truth is I only became this way by slowly building it but they have torn that down in a short time. I am not someone who can rebuild it quickly. It will take time to rebuild and external factors working against it are greater than ever.

*Seeing a soul through someone's eyes is an experience where you can also sense the expansion of the universe. While looking at a physically small space the universal connectedness of all beings is there to perceive through a single soul.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:47 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0A0o
Is it only the dark things? Or does the dark side just stand out because everyone is shocked when faced with the things they generally avoid or deny or struggle with?

It seems like there would also be good things shown back to you as well. Aside from the bond at the heart what would compel anyone to stick around when someone is everything you dislike about yourself?

Where are the people who are rotten on the outside and good on the inside?
No its not just the bad things, its all of you reflected back, even the love we feel which is why I believe we feel it so intensely. Look at it another way...
there's more light from a lit candle in a small room than one lit in a large one, the wall barriers bounce the light back in the small room whereas the light is lost in a large one. We see ourselves more clearly when relating with our twin.

When mine was physically around it felt like we were in this bubble of enclosed energy, it felt like we were boxed in this thing and everything I was thinking was magnified almost as if an amplifier was in my head and heart...its a great teaching tool I can tell you lol.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:36 PM
Ascender

No I think the idea and explanation of there being a "mirror reflection" (opposite reflection) AND a "reflection" (same reflection) makes MUCH, much more sense than all this "like always attracts like" stuff. Some people are one, some are the other.
"Like attracts like" confused me for the longest time and actually caused me to conclude that the loa was just false because I would wonder if that was the case, then why when I went out in public would I seem to attract people that were the polar opposite of everything I was, or would ever want to be. So this idea of "opposite reflection" makes much more sense to me.

Now to relate it back to tfs. My twin reflected back to me things that were lacking in my life and myself, I believe, I did the same to him. I would say that because of things like him pointing out that I seemed happy to spite not having the abundance of material wealth that he has. And him telling me that he was miserable, to spite spending $1000's on stuff. For my part, he reflected back to me all the material abundance that I didn't have. But it's become, at this point, more than that because now I am on my soul mission. So it's more than just having the material or money. It's about doing what my soul came here to do, which brings abundance and happiness more than just having stuff. So I would say that we were more of an opposite reflection in many respects.
Although we are similar in many ways, in the way that we feel about things and think, which is why we got along so well.
It's interesting to note that the eye contact is the reason we began speaking and spending time together at all. But neither one of us understood what it was at the time. The eye contact also triggered my third eye opening because when I looked in his eyes, my third eye began to twitch (later fully opened). This is something I am still trying to understand.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:07 AM
Knower

Thanks everyone I am seeing how this works. I appreciate all of the contributions.

Just to address the LOA regarding like attracts like brought up and why one might attract the opposite, there are many reasons why this would happen. It is not black and white. One reason is that we often do not realize that what we believe we do not care about is exactly what we DO care about. For instance, when asked about what concerns them someone might feel they have no concern for their home being burglarized. In truth they certainly are concerned and it is exposed in their thinking of it when asked. They may tell themselves it is not a concern and that may be because they have taken steps to secure their home but it remains a concern and they are just a little less worried having addressed the issue.

So you may actually be projecting the opposite of what you believe and it looks like the opposite of what you believe when in fact it is not the opposite but instead is exactly what you believe.
Old 13-07-2018, 10:09 PM
Suspended
Master
Mirrors in the barber shop

I remember back in the 1960's when I used to get my hair cut in a barber shop which had a number of mirrors on opposing walls. You could see the strange effect of the same images reflected over and over again, but progressively smaller which I could see very well when my eyesight was almost 20/20 without glasses. I wondered if there could be an infinite number of reflections and images, but I know now that there isn't because the speed of light is not infinite. The mirroring effect with my twin tends to remind me of this experience in the barber shop.
Old 14-07-2018, 02:32 AM
Deactivated Account
My partner is often an opposite reflection of certain traits and energy... like yin and yang.

In other areas of our lives though we express the same traits in similar ways.

Either way there is reflective feedback.
Old 18-07-2018, 09:20 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0A0o
There is a lot of information here and elsewhere on the topic. Given that many agree with this culmination of traits gathered from a number of sources I would like to pose a question here. A concept is described as thus in this thread:
SOURCE: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=84873

I am wondering whether this is not more accurately described as two puzzle pieces fitting precisely to form a whole? The concept of a mirror and reflection suggests polar opposition. A mirror reflection is an image in reverse orientation. If twin flames are truly direct opposites it seems as though there would be extreme limitations on compatibility which in turn would reduce opportunities to accomplish anything together.

I have physically seen my own reflection in my twin, as if I were looking in a mirror & not at him, his skin hair colour etc had changed.

And he treated me the way others at times do, as I reflected back to him his own issues of self worth, I looked and scrutinised him, however in my mind i was doing so as I was trying to figure out what I was seeing, when in reality I was also mirroring to him his issues as to how others perceive him, which is caused by your inner feelings.