Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 08-02-2018, 09:04 PM
Master
Buddhist contradictions

[IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/IMG]
Old 08-02-2018, 09:12 PM
Eelco

Your bad habits..

Keep thinking about it young grasshopper.

With love
Eelco
Old 08-02-2018, 09:38 PM
Master
Question: What is the nature of the mindstream that reincarnates from lifetime to lifetime?
Dalai Lama: ...If one understands the term "soul" as a continuum of individuality from moment to moment, from lifetime to lifetime, then one can say that Buddhism also accepts a concept of soul; there is a kind of continuum of consciousness. From that point of view, the debate on whether or not there is a soul becomes strictly semantic. However, in the Buddhist doctrine of selflessness, or "no soul" theory, the understanding is that there is no eternal, unchanging, abiding, permanent self called "soul." That is what is being denied in Buddhism.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:09 AM
Eelco

Dear Vincefield,

Reading some of your previous contributions on this forum I get the feeling you feel strongly about your faith.
Why not go to an appropriate sub-forum to discuss your belief system with like minded people.

I fail to see the purpose of the abuse and contempt you seem to be spreading all over the place in subforums that do not accept your belief system.

If you want an open discussion about the differences, merrit's and similarities between christianity and buddhism I'm happy to engage in one.

If you just want to show how my beliefs are inferior to yours and therefore false I'll pass.
I did report your meme's here and in the hindu forum as rude and inappropiate.
A quick google search would let me find the same kind of insulting meme's regarding your chosen religion.. No point in exchanging those is there..

2 quotes I'd like to mention though.
One is about walking a mile in their shoes.
The other is don't do to them what you don't want to experience yourself.

Granted I think you would jump at the opportunity to have someone to exchange verbal blows with when challenged so the 2nd quote may not apply

With Love
Eelco
Old 09-02-2018, 10:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField

Contradictions because you don't have an understanding of what HHDL is speaking about.
A little research would have helped you in your contradictions
Old 09-02-2018, 12:01 PM
Master
It's basically how the mind regenerates from moment to moment without actually having any enduring substance.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:38 PM
Eelco

I'd like to add that the dalai lama is not the pinnacle of buddhism.

Much like the westboro baptist church isn't the pinnacle of christianity

With Love
Eelco
Old 09-02-2018, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
I'd like to add that the dalai lama is not the pinnacle of buddhism.

Much like the westboro baptist church isn't the pinnacle of christianity

With Love

Eelco

Oh dear. I would like to add that nobody said he was but as the ' Contradictions ' referred to him then best to find one of HIS teachings on reincarnation
Old 09-02-2018, 04:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Question: What is the nature of the mindstream that reincarnates from lifetime to lifetime?
Dalai Lama: ...If one understands the term "soul" as a continuum of individuality from moment to moment, from lifetime to lifetime, then one can say that Buddhism also accepts a concept of soul; there is a kind of continuum of consciousness. From that point of view, the debate on whether or not there is a soul becomes strictly semantic. However, in the Buddhist doctrine of selflessness, or "no soul" theory, the understanding is that there is no eternal, unchanging, abiding, permanent self called "soul." That is what is being denied in Buddhism.
Thank you for this. I like to hear different perspectives on some of these deep subjects. I don't necessarily look to them for answers, they just allow me to see how something could be.
This explanation is different from any I have heard about the soul. It feels right to me. In the end I really don't know but it allows me to be open in that not knowing.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 09-02-2018, 05:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's basically how the mind regenerates from moment to moment without actually having any enduring substance.
To me that takes away from what he said. It seems to separate the ever changing individuality from the mind or body for that fact.
His words say to me that while everything is impermanent, that impermanence is eternal.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness