Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 28-01-2018, 07:16 PM
Knower
Post Communicating with letters...

My question is about communicating with the deceased in a letter. There is someone who I'd like to write to who has recently crossed over, but I don't know if they would "hear" my thoughts through writing. Wouldn't I have to read it out loud, or can they really read and/or "hear" my thoughts? Has anyone ever had any luck communicating with the dead this way? Wouldn't it be more effective to have a picture of the deceased sitting out and just talk to it?

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section. If so, could a mod please move it? Thanks.
Old 29-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Master
Hello,

My understand and experience has been that there is energy in words. Physically writing those words out on paper is expressing that energy. I see no reason why it would not be effective.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 30-01-2018, 06:22 AM
Knower
Thanks, John32241! I think I am going to write that letter and put it on my nightstand. Couldn't hurt.
Old 30-01-2018, 06:29 AM
Deactivated Account
From what I have heard and experienced, there are many different ways to connect to people from the past.

Just try what works best for you.

If an image of the deceased person helps, use it. Or listen to a piece of music that you personally connect to that person. Or both.

Write a letter if you feel that this is your way to connect.
Or talk.
Might even work to just visualize the person and "imagine" a dialog.
What ever feels best or works best for you.
Old 31-01-2018, 01:45 AM
Knower
I ended up writing a well thought out 3-page letter, which took an hour to write. It's in the drawer of my nightstand; I will leave it out while I'm asleep tonight.

For anyone who has written a letter, did you receive a "response" or some sort of sign from the other side? If so, how long did it take? Was it the next day?
Or did it take days, weeks, months or years? Or did nothing happen at all?
I understand that everybody's experiences are unique. I was just wondering about the outcomes for the majority of people who have written these types of letters though.

Last edited by wozniack : 31-01-2018 at 02:52 AM.
Old 31-01-2018, 01:56 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
From what I have heard and experienced, there are many different ways to connect to people from the past.

Just try what works best for you.

If an image of the deceased person helps, use it. Or listen to a piece of music that you personally connect to that person. Or both.

Write a letter if you feel that this is your way to connect.
Or talk.
Might even work to just visualize the person and "imagine" a dialog.
What ever feels best or works best for you.
I sort of have been doing the visualization thing but with an imaginary dialogue. I would create fun conversations and such with this person in my mind rather than what I had written in my letter today, which was of a more serious nature. Next time in the dialogue, would it help to make the conversation more like my letter? Would that garner some kind of response?

I know some spirits just listen and do not give answers. But how do I know that they are actually hearing me if I am not getting anything back?
Old 31-01-2018, 09:08 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by wozniack
I know some spirits just listen and do not give answers. But how do I know that they are actually hearing me if I am not getting anything back?
Not everything works for everyone.
And not every deceased person will answer (maybe when you are a really strong medium) or maybe sometimes they cannot answer. Somebody told me that is costs them a lot of energy to make contact. I am not an expert in this.

No harm in trying, though.
I am pretty sure they are hearing you. And that the words on your letter will be delivered.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:42 AM
Knower
Quote:
And not every deceased person will answer (maybe when you are a really strong medium) or maybe sometimes they cannot answer. Somebody told me that is costs them a lot of energy to make contact. I am not an expert in this.

I am pretty sure they are hearing you. And that the words on your letter will be delivered.
Thanks for the response.

Something really strange happened last night. I live in what's like a studio apartment with three people. So there are no other rooms, and we sleep together. We have a decorative, flock pencil tree that is 3-ft tall. We bought it in December for the holidays, and are leaving it up all winter since it also passes for a regular tree.

Well, I was sound asleep, so I couldn't hear or see anything. But two others in the room said the lights on the tree got so bright that they illuminated the entire room. They also said the lights not only were flickering and blinking, but there was a hissing noise. They said the lights dimmed, then lit the whole room up again before going out.

The lights obviously shorted out but the way it happened was odd. I have owned many decorative trees, especially trees 3-feet and under, and the light bulbs lasted much longer. And if they went out, they would just pop and go out quickly, not how our new tree did.

There are two reasons that I bring our tree up. Reason number one. This incident occurred the night I put out my letter. I also pulled up pictures of the deceased on my phone's screen, which stayed lit and was on top of the letter all night. Reason number two. Before this person died, they made a Christmas post online, which talked about Christmas decorations and their church. I know how much they loved Christmas, and they most likely would have loved our tree.

That may not mean anything, but the timing of what happened with our tree seems noteworthy. Also, I should mention that 3 weeks ago I entered an unusual deep sleep, then heard his voice in my head. He said, "Oh, well you don't have to." It always take me 30 minutes or longer to fall asleep. I could feel myself fading out really fast, then I heard his voice almost instantly.

I am keeping my eyes and ears open for anything else. I will keep the letter and pictures out for a couple weeks to see what happens. Somebody told me that the best time to reach out to a deceased person is right after they've passed, because if you wait too long they may only be able to respond with pictures.

I will keep in mind what you said about it costing them a lot of energy. I am just so thankful that they can receive my messages. In the meantime, I will try to be patient, and I am appreciative of the efforts from the other side~!
Old 01-02-2018, 03:42 AM
Knower
Quote:

Thanks for the response.

Something really strange happened last night. I live in what's like a studio apartment with three people. So there are no other rooms, and we sleep together. We have a decorative, flock pencil tree that is 3-ft tall. We bought it in December for the holidays, and are leaving it up all winter since it also passes for a regular tree. Well, I was sound asleep, so I couldn't hear or see anything. But two others in the room said the lights on the tree got so bright that they illuminated the entire room. They also said the lights not only were flickering and blinking, but there was a hissing noise. They said the lights dimmed, then lit the whole room up again before going out.

The lights obviously shorted out but the way it happened was odd. I have owned many decorative trees, especially trees 3-feet and under, and the light bulbs lasted much longer. And if they went out, they would just pop and go out quickly, not how our new tree did.

There are two reasons that I bring our tree up. Reason number one. This incident occurred the night I put out my letter. I also pulled up pictures of the deceased on my phone's screen, which stayed lit and was on top of the letter all night. Reason number two. Before this person died, they made a Christmas post online, which talked about Christmas decorations and their church. I know how much they loved Christmas, and they most likely would have loved our tree.

That may not mean anything, but the timing of what happened with our tree seems noteworthy. Also, I should mention that 3 weeks ago I entered an unusual deep sleep, then heard his voice in my head. He said, "Oh, well you don't have to." It always take me 30 minutes or longer to fall asleep. I could feel myself fading out really fast, then I heard his voice almost instantly.

I am keeping my eyes and ears open for anything else. I will keep the letter and pictures out for a couple weeks to see what happens. Somebody told me that the best time to reach out to a deceased person is right after they've passed, because if you wait too long they may only be able to respond with pictures.

I will keep in mind what you said about it costing them a lot of energy. I am just so thankful that they can receive my messages. In the meantime, I will try to be patient, and I am appreciative of the efforts from the other side~!
Old 01-02-2018, 03:45 AM
Knower
Could someone please delete post #8? Duplicate post. Thanks.