Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 28-11-2020, 11:09 AM
Elfin

.......I don't need to know what I'm missing.. I already know more than I need to know..and certainly more than your "man" !!!
Old 28-11-2020, 11:15 AM
Elfin

....and if anyone wants to "challenge" me... Please be redirected to my thread "Elfins question time".... Thank you.
Old 28-11-2020, 03:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
“We must imagine that others see us as they would see us were we what we desire to be.” – Neville Goddard

Interesting idea

Inavalan

I found another example of Neville Goddard's application of your title's premise:

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...9&postcount=79

Like your reference, this one is also very well explained.

I, for one, can certainly vouch for the effectiveness of this approach to this very day, as mentioned in this reference above.

Again thank you for reaffirming the value of living from the desire fulfilled, by living in the desire fulfilled imaginatively, beforehand.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 28-11-2020 at 04:42 PM. Reason: clarify input
Old 28-11-2020, 05:50 PM
I must admit I never thought about picturing, imagining others seeing me as I would like them to.
(Oh, probably cuz it's not a priority....dah.)

Now, imagining myself as the person I am destined to be, the person I am meant to be,
the person that is my real self, the person I want to and will be, the person I am becoming...
now that I had a therapist have me do in maybe the mid 90s.

I thought, 'What?' At the time, I was a mess with anger, irritability, control issues ---
(I went to get help to forgive my horrible father ...wrecking my relationships, cuz of all the unresolved 'stuff'.)

But, OK, I pictured myself not being bothered by things, kind of like a compassionate image of some saintly, nurturing,
understanding mother.

I thought to myself - ''Yeah right? Like maybe in a few lifetimes!!!!''

But, within 10 years - I started to become more and more mellow and
light-hearted - forgiving, fun, happy, unbothered.
Wow,
So I saw: there WAS power in me imagining myself a better person!!!

A diff twist on the topic here. (10 yrs is nothing to change that much.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-11-2020, 06:33 PM
OK, I bit my tongue ---now, enough off topic stuff.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-11-2020, 08:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Inavalan

I found another example of Neville Goddard's application of your title's premise:

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...9&postcount=79

Like your reference, this one is also very well explained.

I, for one, can certainly vouch for the effectiveness of this approach to this very day, as mentioned in this reference above.

Again thank you for reaffirming the value of living from the desire fulfilled, by living in the desire fulfilled imaginatively, beforehand.
I'm glad you found it useful, and thanks for you reference.

Goddard was an adept of consciously creating your reality, and devised simple, a clear technique that works. In "The secret of prayer" he presented, probably, his deepest explanation of why his technique works.

Performing them with reasonable diligence, anybody can rip benefits. But, if you start to get a glimpse of why and how the technique works, that brings the advantage of confidence, and of streamlined application, which helps tremendously.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 28-11-2020, 09:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I must admit I never thought about picturing, imagining others seeing me as I would like them to.
(Oh, probably cuz it's not a priority....dah.)

Now, imagining myself as the person I am destined to be, the person I am meant to be,
the person that is my real self, the person I want to and will be, the person I am becoming...
now that I had a therapist have me do in maybe the mid 90s.

I thought, 'What?' At the time, I was a mess with anger, irritability, control issues ---
(I went to get help to forgive my horrible father ...wrecking my relationships, cuz of all the unresolved 'stuff'.)

But, OK, I pictured myself not being bothered by things, kind of like a compassionate image of some saintly, nurturing,
understanding mother.

I thought to myself - ''Yeah right? Like maybe in a few lifetimes!!!!''

But, within 10 years - I started to become more and more mellow and
light-hearted - forgiving, fun, happy, unbothered.
Wow,
So I saw: there WAS power in me imagining myself a better person!!!

A diff twist on the topic here. (10 yrs is nothing to change that much.)
The basic idea here is that both you and everybody else perceive only the image-you-have-about-yourself. Applying Goddard's technique to this image, helps change who-you-believe-you-are-now, not only in everybody else's perception, but in your perception too.

Best advice: think of yourself as being happy & confident, and so you'll be.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 29-11-2020, 05:14 AM
Master
We must not do anything, we are always free to do whatever we want.

Namaste.