Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 05-03-2018, 01:24 AM
Guide
Spirits who come through in dreams

It's been a long time since I tried to open myself up. I get messages from spirits, usually in my dreams, and many times I can't make sense of any of it. I wish I could harness it but for the last few years I honestly gave up, life was just pulling me in all different directions.

The last few nights I went to sleep listening to meditation music -- it was binaural beats type stuff at a certain Hz that was designed to assist in meditation. I've noticed a difference right away. I feel better when I wake up, and I have more dreams.

Last night, I had a dream in which a girl was missing, her name was Danielle, and everyone was trying to find her. I knew where she last seen and we were all trying to find her. I had tried to reach out to her "psychically" in my dream, and I was frustrated because I couldn't reach her. I couldn't figure out how to make contact with her spirit.

When I woke up I was curious if this was real or just a dream. I started searching for missing women who worked at the restaurant that was in my dream. Sure enough, I found a woman named Danielle who went missing back in 2008, she lived in my town and she worked at the same restaurant that was in my dream. And this type of stuff happens to me alot. I get knowledge of situations or people from a dream and when I look it up to see if it's real or not, it always is real.

So now, I have no clue how to purposely set out and contact a spirit. Maybe Danielle is trying to tell me what happened to her? All my experiences in life that I can remember, spirits just "break thru" from the other side with random messages or they just appear and make known to me who they are. These are always in my meditation states -- when I'm quieting myself and focusing on chakra balancing or listening to meditation music. I never know what to do. If I even try to sit still and contact a specific spirit, nothing ever happens. So I get frustrated and give up.

Does anyone here have any advice for me? Anything I can try to hone this ability better? If spirits wanna pop in I don't mind, but if there is a message I'd like to make sure I can give the message to whoever the spirit would like me to give it to.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn1976
It's been a long time since I tried to open myself up. I get messages from spirits, usually in my dreams, and many times I can't make sense of any of it. I wish I could harness it but for the last few years I honestly gave up, life was just pulling me in all different directions.

The last few nights I went to sleep listening to meditation music -- it was binaural beats type stuff at a certain Hz that was designed to assist in meditation. I've noticed a difference right away. I feel better when I wake up, and I have more dreams.

Last night, I had a dream in which a girl was missing, her name was Danielle, and everyone was trying to find her. I knew where she last seen and we were all trying to find her. I had tried to reach out to her "psychically" in my dream, and I was frustrated because I couldn't reach her. I couldn't figure out how to make contact with her spirit.

When I woke up I was curious if this was real or just a dream. I started searching for missing women who worked at the restaurant that was in my dream. Sure enough, I found a woman named Danielle who went missing back in 2008, she lived in my town and she worked at the same restaurant that was in my dream. And this type of stuff happens to me alot. I get knowledge of situations or people from a dream and when I look it up to see if it's real or not, it always is real.

So now, I have no clue how to purposely set out and contact a spirit. Maybe Danielle is trying to tell me what happened to her? All my experiences in life that I can remember, spirits just "break thru" from the other side with random messages or they just appear and make known to me who they are. These are always in my meditation states -- when I'm quieting myself and focusing on chakra balancing or listening to meditation music. I never know what to do. If I even try to sit still and contact a specific spirit, nothing ever happens. So I get frustrated and give up.

Does anyone here have any advice for me? Anything I can try to hone this ability better? If spirits wanna pop in I don't mind, but if there is a message I'd like to make sure I can give the message to whoever the spirit would like me to give it to.

Hi.

I am not the most acquainted with mediumship ability, though I have had a couple experiences with it, and I m more naturally attuned to things of a more psychic- living people nature.

I can offer a suggestion or two to try and be of help.

Have you considered perhaps going physically to the restaurant where the deceased individual worked? I am thinking along the lines of it being a possibility that you may be better able to tune in to the individual if you are closer to areas they inhabited and by inhabited I mean frequented on a physical level.

It is only a suggestion. And, realistically, you should not have to do this all of the time to be able to tune in by any means, but perhaps just maybe this could help to get things going.

I feel it is also a possibility that now you perhaps need not do anything at all. I am suggesting the consideration that perhaps the dream itself, and the fact that you looked it up after to try and confirm may actually be the message itself.

I will try now to explain that better, apologies, bear with me a moment please.
That is to say, perhaps the message is actually in the very confirmation- perhaps you were told of this individual in your dream, to confirm, and by confirmation alone your job is now done. There may not be the intent here of you must go out and find this person's family and give them a message about their daughter, sister, friend, or co-worker. It may be the spirit has no message and you were told of this more than likely not by the spirit themselves, but by the world of spirit, or if you may prefer on a grander scale a knowing source such as God. The message indeed may simply be to be aware. Be aware this happened to this young girl, be aware simply of your feelings about this person, and how their life was taken, so very soon. Perhaps the message is to be aware of what feelings the knowing of the situation evokes.

Also I am thinking of another possibility here- which is what I am also trying to put to words, but must say I am doing so rather poorly... , perhaps in a way this is related to the ability to gather information in itself in a way? I am speaking here more of the process of confirming as I have had something similar to this only different as I was actually awake, and the information didn't appear to come from someone whom had passed. In my experience I was walking about my house merely thinking to myself, thinking about spirit guides trying to gather my own thoughts on what they are, whether or not they exist etc. Well I was in my living room and a thought comes to me randomly stating Metromimes, So I wonder to myself what is a metromime anyway, what a strange way of saying mime, does this even exist? Then suddenly the thought Mimes suck, then the words come to me I agree with you. I wonder now again what is going on, if I am somehow being communicated to by something a guidance, then I question again what a metromime is and if it exists and then I am told by way of thought to google it. This actually did make me feel very uncomfortable at first and indeed I told it NO, and argued with it, feeling I should not have to be forced at all to google anything, and why should I care to whether it exists or not?

Eventually however curiosity got the best of me as I continued to wonder if a metromime is a certain type of mime of sorts.

I googled it and the third website down the list said simply metromimes and I clicked on that feeling it was the closest that would come to answer my question, after clicking the site popped up entitled "Metromime". The only actual thing even there on this page were two comments by two people seemingly in a type of strange conversation (to me anyway) strange enough because it was a conversation of only two comments. The first comment stated "Mimes Suck" and the second comment stated "I agree with you".

My point is this website contained the whole of the conversation going on inside my own mind- Metromimes- Mimes suck. I agree with you. I wondered does this exist and the voice (thought) said google it.

From what I have been able to put together via my own thoughts on this experience of mine is that something is going on. There is a way to be able to get information that is universal, I am not sure exactly if this is a consciousness in itself, or if this universal information is coming from something.

By something I mean to say these thoughts I was having sounded different than my own, they sounded very intellectual, not like a machine, but like a nerdy, intellectual voice, that somehow has access to universal information, but also can make itself known via a thought within my own mind.

I actually hate to say this being a very - I don't believe aliens are up to any good although I do not doubt they exist having seen one- type individual, I hate to say it but, I have even considered this thought that sounds this way as a thought in my head is or could be extraterrestrial.

I don't know what the message here for you is. Personally my gut feelings on this situation are that you perhaps are taken it further now with this spirit in particular than it may even need to go. Especially with the there must be a message for someone thinking here. While often with mediumship ability the passed relatives do indeed have messages for their living loved ones, I do not actually feel this is quite exactly the same type of thing here. First you became aware originally of this spirit in a dream. That is fine, there is nothing wrong with that it is actually a great thing, and ability. What I would personally start to suggest is perhaps you consider taking this mediumship ability from the sleep time to the waking time. Meaning work to develop it with others. Offer to try to connect with passed loved ones for practice for others whom are able to communicate back with you and give to you the gift of valuable feedback. IE "Someone coming through, male, name possibly beginning with R, feels like a relative, I am not certain, if anything strikes you or you find relatable could you please let me know"? wait for contact the person you had read for contacts you back- "Yes! I had an uncle whom had the name Ron, I am not sure though if that is him, could you please try and tell me more"? Take it slow, and take it from there. Practice with and for others while awake to be able to utilize this mediumistic ability to help and serve the living, because yes I truly believe you do have this ability without a doubt, because you were given this information in a dream, and it turned out astonishingly and entirely accurate. How wonderful.

But do I personally think you must run out to first find and then give a message to the family of Danielle? Why no, or at least I don't think you should have to. I also do not feel you need to meditate in an attempt to communicate with this spirit, I truly feel if Danielle needed to give you a specific message for her living loved ones, she truly already would have and found a way, I feel spirit communication is a two way act-street- why should all the communicating be up to you? If she wanted you to deliver a message to family she would have given you a message for someone.

I believe this message simply could have been for you. I think perhaps the individual simply may have wanted you to know what happened to her, and a bit about her.

That is to say, sometimes they just want to talk. Especially the departed. They were human. They in my view, actually still very much are. Sometimes a sailor just wants to curse and in the middle of a night an old mortician just wants to laugh "Muahwaha".

Sometimes the message simply is "My death was tragic, and yes, I was real.."

I hope my post helped a little, though I am not too hopeful with my seemingly lousy communication skills, haha.

And perhaps there are other members whom practice mediumship ability more frequently than I do whom are here to help. I know there has got to be, there are some very talented members here in this area of ability.

All my best to you dawn.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn1976

Hi,

We are all so unique which makes giving advice hard to do.

As a medium I contact spirits. In this instance the impressions I get from your higher spirit self is that you know how all this stuff works. That you block your self from this greater awarenhess because in past lives having this knowing was dangerous. That self discovery these days is safer than it has been in the past. You know how to hone these skills and abilities better than any other person. The desire to do this is repressed or being restriced.

Now if you trust that you are loved, and always have been loved even when being aware and skilled got you killed, it would help. For to trust in love will awaken you beliefs about love and why we exist.

I hope that what I got will be useful to you.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 07-03-2018, 05:04 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Hi.

I am not the most acquainted with mediumship ability, though I have had a couple experiences with it, and I m more naturally attuned to things of a more psychic- living people nature.

I can offer a suggestion or two to try and be of help.

Have you considered perhaps going physically to the restaurant where the deceased individual worked? I am thinking along the lines of it being a possibility that you may be better able to tune in to the individual if you are closer to areas they inhabited and by inhabited I mean frequented on a physical level.

I haven't thought of doing that (going to the restaurant), when I think about it now, I don't feel led to go there. But I'm definitely open to the idea if that's where all this ends up leading me.

Quote:
It is only a suggestion. And, realistically, you should not have to do this all of the time to be able to tune in by any means, but perhaps just maybe this could help to get things going.

I feel it is also a possibility that now you perhaps need not do anything at all. I am suggesting the consideration that perhaps the dream itself, and the fact that you looked it up after to try and confirm may actually be the message itself.

This resonates with me. I feel as if this is a confirmation of my ability and I should stop questioning myself and doubting myself. Unfortunately this means that the woman has passed, and maybe the family realizes this. I haven't heard from the spirit, but I will try tonight.

Quote:
I will try now to explain that better, apologies, bear with me a moment please.
That is to say, perhaps the message is actually in the very confirmation- perhaps you were told of this individual in your dream, to confirm, and by confirmation alone your job is now done. There may not be the intent here of you must go out and find this person's family and give them a message about their daughter, sister, friend, or co-worker. It may be the spirit has no message and you were told of this more than likely not by the spirit themselves, but by the world of spirit, or if you may prefer on a grander scale a knowing source such as God. The message indeed may simply be to be aware. Be aware this happened to this young girl, be aware simply of your feelings about this person, and how their life was taken, so very soon. Perhaps the message is to be aware of what feelings the knowing of the situation evokes.

Also I am thinking of another possibility here- which is what I am also trying to put to words, but must say I am doing so rather poorly... , perhaps in a way this is related to the ability to gather information in itself in a way? I am speaking here more of the process of confirming as I have had something similar to this only different as I was actually awake, and the information didn't appear to come from someone whom had passed. In my experience I was walking about my house merely thinking to myself, thinking about spirit guides trying to gather my own thoughts on what they are, whether or not they exist etc. Well I was in my living room and a thought comes to me randomly stating Metromimes, So I wonder to myself what is a metromime anyway, what a strange way of saying mime, does this even exist? Then suddenly the thought Mimes suck, then the words come to me I agree with you. I wonder now again what is going on, if I am somehow being communicated to by something a guidance, then I question again what a metromime is and if it exists and then I am told by way of thought to google it. This actually did make me feel very uncomfortable at first and indeed I told it NO, and argued with it, feeling I should not have to be forced at all to google anything, and why should I care to whether it exists or not?

Eventually however curiosity got the best of me as I continued to wonder if a metromime is a certain type of mime of sorts.

I googled it and the third website down the list said simply metromimes and I clicked on that feeling it was the closest that would come to answer my question, after clicking the site popped up entitled "Metromime". The only actual thing even there on this page were two comments by two people seemingly in a type of strange conversation (to me anyway) strange enough because it was a conversation of only two comments. The first comment stated "Mimes Suck" and the second comment stated "I agree with you".

My point is this website contained the whole of the conversation going on inside my own mind- Metromimes- Mimes suck. I agree with you. I wondered does this exist and the voice (thought) said google it.

From what I have been able to put together via my own thoughts on this experience of mine is that something is going on. There is a way to be able to get information that is universal, I am not sure exactly if this is a consciousness in itself, or if this universal information is coming from something.

By something I mean to say these thoughts I was having sounded different than my own, they sounded very intellectual, not like a machine, but like a nerdy, intellectual voice, that somehow has access to universal information, but also can make itself known via a thought within my own mind.

I actually hate to say this being a very - I don't believe aliens are up to any good although I do not doubt they exist having seen one- type individual, I hate to say it but, I have even considered this thought that sounds this way as a thought in my head is or could be extraterrestrial.

I don't know what the message here for you is. Personally my gut feelings on this situation are that you perhaps are taken it further now with this spirit in particular than it may even need to go. Especially with the there must be a message for someone thinking here. While often with mediumship ability the passed relatives do indeed have messages for their living loved ones, I do not actually feel this is quite exactly the same type of thing here. First you became aware originally of this spirit in a dream. That is fine, there is nothing wrong with that it is actually a great thing, and ability. What I would personally start to suggest is perhaps you consider taking this mediumship ability from the sleep time to the waking time. Meaning work to develop it with others. Offer to try to connect with passed loved ones for practice for others whom are able to communicate back with you and give to you the gift of valuable feedback. IE "Someone coming through, male, name possibly beginning with R, feels like a relative, I am not certain, if anything strikes you or you find relatable could you please let me know"? wait for contact the person you had read for contacts you back- "Yes! I had an uncle whom had the name Ron, I am not sure though if that is him, could you please try and tell me more"? Take it slow, and take it from there. Practice with and for others while awake to be able to utilize this mediumistic ability to help and serve the living, because yes I truly believe you do have this ability without a doubt, because you were given this information in a dream, and it turned out astonishingly and entirely accurate. How wonderful.

But do I personally think you must run out to first find and then give a message to the family of Danielle? Why no, or at least I don't think you should have to. I also do not feel you need to meditate in an attempt to communicate with this spirit, I truly feel if Danielle needed to give you a specific message for her living loved ones, she truly already would have and found a way, I feel spirit communication is a two way act-street- why should all the communicating be up to you? If she wanted you to deliver a message to family she would have given you a message for someone.

I believe this message simply could have been for you. I think perhaps the individual simply may have wanted you to know what happened to her, and a bit about her.

That is to say, sometimes they just want to talk. Especially the departed. They were human. They in my view, actually still very much are. Sometimes a sailor just wants to curse and in the middle of a night an old mortician just wants to laugh "Muahwaha".

Sometimes the message simply is "My death was tragic, and yes, I was real.."

I hope my post helped a little, though I am not too hopeful with my seemingly lousy communication skills, haha.

And perhaps there are other members whom practice mediumship ability more frequently than I do whom are here to help. I know there has got to be, there are some very talented members here in this area of ability.

All my best to you dawn.

Thank you so much for your reply. There are many things you've spoken about here that I feel resonate with me. If Danielle doesn't come thru tonight then I will consider the whole thing to be: 1--a reminder that I have this ability inside me. 2---Danielle was just making herself known to me.

I think I have to stop assuming that there's always a message for the living. Maybe the "message" is for me? Maybe there's no message at all and this is my "normal" way of being -- having dreams of spirits that pop in to say hello.

Again, thank you for your kind and thoughtful reply. I appreciate the time you took to write all that to me.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:16 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

We are all so unique which makes giving advice hard to do.

As a medium I contact spirits. In this instance the impressions I get from your higher spirit self is that you know how all this stuff works. That you block your self from this greater awarenhess because in past lives having this knowing was dangerous. That self discovery these days is safer than it has been in the past. You know how to hone these skills and abilities better than any other person. The desire to do this is repressed or being restriced.

Now if you trust that you are loved, and always have been loved even when being aware and skilled got you killed, it would help. For to trust in love will awaken you beliefs about love and why we exist.

I hope that what I got will be useful to you.

John

John, I had to read your comment at least 3 times, so much of what you said struck me to the core, in a good way though.

I've known for quite some time that I've lived many lives on this earth, my soul is "old." However, I feel I have unresolved business, possibly some "letting go" to do, and some forgiving to do. I think you are right, I have to let go and trust in love. I'm looking forward to meditating tonight, I feel I'm going to take some major steps forward.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I know I'm not on this forum that much, although I do enjoy reading what everyone has to say about the various topics posted. Thanks again, have a great night! I'll post anything more that comes up (with regards to Danielle) in this thread.
Old 12-03-2018, 03:11 AM
Guide
Update: Danielle has not come through and I now know that there is nothing more for me to do than acknowledge her.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:23 AM
Master
Hi,

This is like in your dream. She is missing. In some dream work studies they contend that the characters in our dreams are aspects of self.

So yes do acknowledge her in a way that feels best to you.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 12-03-2018, 12:30 PM
Administrator
I agree with john but have you tried writing a journal put everything in it leave it for a few days.then look back on it you may see messages in there

Namaste
Old 19-03-2018, 03:10 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I agree with john but have you tried writing a journal put everything in it leave it for a few days.then look back on it you may see messages in there

Namaste

Sometimes I do write them down, other times I don't. I should keep a dream journal, I agree. I have dreams of future events quite often, sometimes it's weeks or months before they come to pass. Sometimes I have dreams and can't identify the victim at all, but I can see events before their murder. I guess writing them down would allow me to look back and see if I can remember anything more.