Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-02-2018, 12:50 PM
Master
How would you define your belief system & why?

Now I tried this once before and a gremlin wouldn't stop throwing the question back at me.

But I am gentle, brave gallant & bold so bring it ...!

Spirituality is an odd thing, as much as people seem to need something, it is hard to pin down.

It is your personal relationship with the universe, which as much as people place themselves into the ready made brackets is still pretty specific to you.

The question is how would you guys define it all if it was laid out as the below, I'm thinking of the G.I Joe model here & I will go first.

If you don't wish to answer then please just enjoy without subverting the thread - all are welcome, even gremlins as long as they are honest.

Name: knight of Lenity
Deity: I believe in something beyond our comprehension, the father notion is too simplistic for me.

Religion: None - everyone is fallible yet often the masses lap up instructions on how to be more like (insert master/leader) someone else.

Belief system:
I believe in taking responsibility for your own actions & keeping an eye on others. Kindness comes in many forms but I feel that guilt & unbreakable rules are damaging when enforced via a heavy hand.

I accept that my actions or choices are my own & give no excuses, if there is a day of judgement or life review at the end of it all I will hold my hands up.

I will state on that day however, that the "correct path" hidden amongst so many others is very unfair.

Things I admire in others: Dedication & commitment. Honesty (inwards & out)

What do you hope to gain via your belief system? Clarity I guess. I have seen many religious men revealed to be monsters. I see contradiction & paradox in religious practice or lifestyle.

I do believe in goodness & it must come from somewhere. I'd rather do all I can to stay closer to it than the alternative - even if it means going it alone.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain

Last edited by Raziel : 14-02-2018 at 06:12 PM.
Old 14-02-2018, 04:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity

Name: SaturninePluto
Deity: I worship a male deity I have known since very young, first became aware of the deity at the age of six. I call him only God. I see him as male as that is how the presence felt to me since first becoming aware of him.

Religion: Paganism, it is like the Wicca religion, but I do not call it Wicca, as it has nothing to do with Gardner or a Rede. It is like Wicca in that I make use of ritual, not like Wicca as it is more naturally attuned to Native faiths. Faiths evidenced to have occurred long ago, and within many different places and cultures. I do have a term for it which is my own. I do not care what others call it. I call it by name only for myself, for others I simply call it paganism.

Belief system:
I worship One deity and am therefore Monotheistic, but Pagan. Meaning simply not Jewish, Christian and other religions with one God.

Things I admire in others: Honesty, Kindness, Bravery, Trueness to self.

What do you hope to gain via your belief system? Nothing.

Those are my answers to the questions.

How do I define my belief system- According to what it is I believe in simplistic enough terms, that are understandable to others without having to go into great depths and detail about every aspect of it to others, whom when truth be told have beliefs of their own, and truly do not care to hear or understand mine. And therefore will never truly know it. Therefore how I define my belief system only so that others have a simplistic understanding of which I speak is simply the umbrella word "Paganism".

Why do I define my belief system- For the mere convenience of others. I do not sit around and define it to myself, I already know what it is. No definition necessary.
Old 14-02-2018, 05:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Those are my answers to the questions.

Why do I define my belief system- For the mere convenience of others. I do not sit around and define it to myself, I already know what it is. No definition necessary.

Very much appreciated thank you.

I imagine this to be how "gods" developed in the 1st place, a presence is felt & it is treated according to individual perspective/intuition.

As to definition for others sake - I understand that one big time. Thank you again, I look forward to your perspective on the forum greatly with this knowledge in mind.

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 14-02-2018, 06:46 PM
Pathfinder

Name: LD
Deity: The Devil, the eternal adversary
Religion: worship the devil as one antichrist amongst many

Belief system: Positive nihilism with a hedonistic slant. That while absolute truths exist for some people, it's impossible to spread it to everyone, so therefore one should plan an ulterior motive for pro-social behavior. I believe that money can solve all problems and that a good amount of selfishness serves the universe. Enlightenment is not a temporary transcendence but a lasting aphorism that increases over all satisfaction with life.

Things I admire in others: self-actualization, independence

What do you hope to gain via your belief system? I hope to gain solemnity as a social creep in a pro-social environment. I hope to lighten people's opinion of sin and ego and indeed turn them into acceptable past times. I hope to refine my belief system as it clashes where it does among other people, as to trace out certain universal truisms that I can approximate in writing and spread.
Old 14-02-2018, 07:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydullard
Religion: worship the devil as one antichrist amongst many

What do you hope to gain via your belief system? I hope to gain solemnity as a social creep in a pro-social environment. I hope to lighten people's opinion of sin and ego and indeed turn them into acceptable past times. I hope to refine my belief system as it clashes where it does among other people, as to trace out certain universal truisms that I can approximate in writing and spread.

Cool welcome aboard.

Believe it or not if you were to check some of my early posts I spoke about using the darkness within myself.

Many a time I have unchained the Demon & let it feed a little on those who presumed to have "strength" or "power" over me.

I have never not had anyone back off once I used the dark half but the feeling of power & euphoria is quite intoxicating.

I don't think that civilisation would work very well if everyone unleashed but I have advised cautiously using it since it is within us after all.

Your input into other threads will also be of great interest - thanks for sharing!

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 15-02-2018, 07:36 PM
Master
Not sure what i believe in. lol
Old 15-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Not sure what i believe in. lol

That's better & more honest than "my God is better than yours".

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 21-02-2018, 02:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
Now I tried this once before and a gremlin wouldn't stop throwing the question back at me.

But I am gentle, brave gallant & bold so bring it ...!

Spirituality is an odd thing, as much as people seem to need something, it is hard to pin down.

It is your personal relationship with the universe, which as much as people place themselves into the ready made brackets is still pretty specific to you.

The question is how would you guys define it all if it was laid out as the below, I'm thinking of the G.I Joe model here & I will go first.

If you don't wish to answer then please just enjoy without subverting the thread - all are welcome, even gremlins as long as they are honest.

Name: knight of Lenity
Deity: I believe in something beyond our comprehension, the father notion is too simplistic for me.

Religion: None - everyone is fallible yet often the masses lap up instructions on how to be more like (insert master/leader) someone else.

Belief system:
I believe in taking responsibility for your own actions & keeping an eye on others. Kindness comes in many forms but I feel that guilt & unbreakable rules are damaging when enforced via a heavy hand.

I accept that my actions or choices are my own & give no excuses, if there is a day of judgement or life review at the end of it all I will hold my hands up.

I will state on that day however, that the "correct path" hidden amongst so many others is very unfair.

Things I admire in others: Dedication & commitment. Honesty (inwards & out)

What do you hope to gain via your belief system? Clarity I guess. I have seen many religious men revealed to be monsters. I see contradiction & paradox in religious practice or lifestyle.

I do believe in goodness & it must come from somewhere. I'd rather do all I can to stay closer to it than the alternative - even if it means going it alone.

I see you have changed your name...cool!

Name: Shivani Devi
Deity: Lord Shiva/Mahadeva and/or Ardhanarishwara (Shiva/Shakti)
Religion Esoteric Hinduism and Tantra
Belief System The transmutation of energy into the realisation of consciousness and the notion of a personal, subjective truth or reality in regards to non empirical data (otherwise known as 'opinions').
Things I admire in others - I honestly do not know...yet.
What do you hope to gain via your belief system? - a sense of purpose, equanimity and stability, general satisfaction and contentment that whatever I believe is 'all there is' to believe in.
Old 21-02-2018, 10:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I see you have changed your name...cool!

Name: Shivani Devi
Deity: Lord Shiva/Mahadeva and/or Ardhanarishwara (Shiva/Shakti)
Religion Esoteric Hinduism and Tantra
Belief System The transmutation of energy into the realisation of consciousness and the notion of a personal, subjective truth or reality in regards to non empirical data (otherwise known as 'opinions').
Things I admire in others - I honestly do not know...yet.
What do you hope to gain via your belief system? - a sense of purpose, equanimity and stability, general satisfaction and contentment that whatever I believe is 'all there is' to believe in.

Ah Shivani Devi thanks - loves ya

My favourite part of yours is :

Things I admire in others - I honestly do not know...yet <- I actually need to pick my jaw off the floor here.

Your full of surprises you old coot

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 15-03-2018, 05:33 PM
Suspended
Seeker

All Beliefs are a system in themselves, Its like to say put milk in the cereal, without given to more Of the tense of what makes us sense, the tastebuds know but the heart apprehends of what we want to see or feel to ]be when we take spirituality on, its a newED belief.

Another Verse once spoke, the path that one steps on, the steps are all new beyond, and to consider it inIT self, STEP.. is to give better health.. I say when you join/Enjoin yourself to one or another belief, You Converse it over to a new degree of acceptance, No believe is to great for it, but it tears oN the Soul, so one should be content with what one gives, and then The Take be accustomed to it SLELL. Get on the great things of life, the attributes of VIRTUAL ,the VIRTUe of life is more a system used by the system itself; The Universe.

Don't get hung up of being called this or that by the system of one or the other of that, but simple live like human beeings that conclude life is never ended at that. PAst Time or AFter Time, dont matter FOR YOU NEVER KNOW what coMes first or what COmEs after, bUt live by the vIrTue of Life And You Do Alright

Minart MaRTin yoUn