Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 29-01-2015, 01:45 AM
Foreign20

Post The science of art & the art of science.

Often I hear this argument going back and forth between the scientific and religious communities. The question being, is life a mechanical chance going along an evolutionary path or a intelligent design?

In this talk I'm going to try to find a deeper understanding on what stands true by being open to both perspectives.
In life we have a whole spectrum of possibility. Some of us might become dancers, artists, or musicians. Using colour, sound, or motion with emotion as our medium of expression. Other will learn to be great thinkers, very analytical and scientific in their studies. Becoming our leaders in science and technology. Both, have it be philosophical or physical observation are valid ways to view our own nature.

The human brain consists of two hemispheres connected by the corpus callosum. Each hemisphere different in it's perceiving qualities. The brain uses both the left and right hemispheres at once while pulling meaning out of expression. The left hemisphere is very analytical and linear, it defines most of the frequencies that we see as solid shapes The right hemisphere lacks the ability to define objects or shapes. Its creative and emotional in an expansive sense. Now mainstream studies done on left and right brain function talk about there being no proof that one side dominants the other from person to person. This is a true fact but not the right one for this discussion. I'm just talking about tapping into certain parts of the brain by choice.

The thought that scientific proof is more true or right then spiritual belief is an absurd idea. As kids we are brought up to be highly left brain thinkers. Like theoretical smart computers, storing all of our memories onto a hard disk. Ready to use at any moment, all in fixed interpretations. Any kind of art class in school are not deemed as important when studying life. Infact we grade the arts even though all artistic expression is valid expression. We deprive ourselves by defining our artistic meditative states as not being a valid interpretations of life. I believe this is where most of the confusion comes from when debating matter over mind or mind over matter.

In Tibet monks devote their lives to study their own nature and their relationship to the earth. To be raised in a spiritual setting is such a different mindset altogether from a scientific point of view of life. Could it be the left and right hemispheres of the brain that help create these two complete opposite perspective?
In Hinduism it's believed everyone has male and female spiritual qualities which are not always balance and sometimes switched. This religion also holds a belief that there is a higher state of consciousness called non duality. The ability to not define the duality of our inner qualities as good or bad but to experience them as undefined consciousness. In other words an experience generated by stimulating the right hemisphere or by possibly isolating parts of left

Now when I discovered this It struck a chord in me. I realized I've seen the very same principles in quantum physics. Its in the nature of the electron under observation in the double slit particle or wave interference review. It showed that an electron, a tiny piece of matter acted like a wave under no observation yet acted like a particle when observed. This can only really be explained by saying our conscious brain changes the outcome or we drop the idea that consciousness resides in our brain but in the space and energy itself. In context this would be conscious energy acting like an ocean of undefined waves yet when consciousness views the pattern of energy it defines it as one finite droplet. This mirrors the principle of a non duality consciousness. The idea that only when you view life and define it will you experience that one part of life. Yet this is being observed in the nature of matter. I believe the intuitive mind is just as good of a tool for seeking the truth as science is.
We must study the science of art then the art of science to find the bigger picture. This is where I leave you with the question of where did the spiritual symbolic belief of the flower of life and the tree of life come from? Is there a hidden polarized fractal pattern of life that includes energy, consciousness, and space in a intelligent design. Is the creator the creation? Is life the action to be yet not to be?
Old 29-01-2015, 02:25 AM
Guide
Seek and you shall find. The position of awareness we inhabit aligns to form the perceptual experience, thus the knowledge you possess possess you. The trick is to control the position of observation and so to control the alignment taking form. This is called synchronicity, or the law of attraction.
Old 29-01-2015, 02:50 AM
Guide
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go! ~Dr Suess