Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 09-12-2014, 12:03 AM
Neville

Hello cheeneka,

Quote:
do you think some part of it has to do with no time

In my dreams..I have had environments that seem to be in what I would call history , and conversely I have experienced precognitive dreams also. Just small stuff, I'll find myself in a situation and think with no small amount of wonder and awe , "I dreamt about this last night" . So yes I do think time is rather loose ground where mind/consciousness/awareness is concerned.

I watch discovery channel documentaries and sometimes one will be on about a flood, earthquake, tornado etc, and the expert witnesses, that is , those who experienced the dread event, visibly breakdown and weep. I would suppose that this happens because in recounting an event one re lives it. That is to say, one's awareness is wherever it is focused.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Is it possible to have an OBE and not go anywhere ?

not consciously trying to do so .... it just happens on a rare occasion, not often but a few times ......

not exactly sure how to explain this ....

can one can be physically here, but not here, as if they had ' just stepped out ' so to speak and are observing things that are happening around them, seeing them as if they were another person viewing them from a different point of view or reality ?

I know, a bit way out there, LOL !

Adrienne

This is sort of a trick question. Mainly because through dreaming and astral projection one doesn't really go "out of body." The reason behind this is our astral body is never inside of our physical body to begin with, our physical body exists in one dimension and our astral body exists in another completely different dimension. Secondly through dreaming and projecting we do not project into one singular body and can project into a multitude of different bodies and dimensions. Last because through dreaming and projecting we are not technically speaking "out of a body." Through dreaming and projecting the only thing that ever leaves our physical body is our consciousness, in which it shifts out of our physical body and the physical dimension into another body and dimension. And so even during a dream and a projection technically speaking we are still in a body, maybe not the same physical body we started in but nonetheless we are still in a body.

The truth is in most cases where people believe they are projecting and not going anywhere they are actually in a parallel dimension. There are many parallel dimensions overlapping our physical dimension and many of them look very similar to the physical dimension we live in. And so in many cases people are going to dream and project into one of these parallel dimensions and think they haven't gone anywhere, when technically speaking they have gone into a completely different body and dimension but since the environment looks exactly or nearly the same they are not aware they are in a different body and dimension. If a person is technically still in the physical dimension and their physical body then they are not having an astral projection and so it's not really possible to have an astral projection and not go anywhere in regards to bodies and dimensions. If you mean can a person begin a projection and not move and just stay in the same position that the projection began in, yes they can. But once again unless they were in a different body and dimension then technically speaking it would not be a projection. And so if it was a projection regardless of the fact that they didn't move from the starting position they did go somewhere, they went into a different body and to a different dimension.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:20 AM
Deactivated Account

I get confused with OBE and astral projecting. I have heard people when explaining their travels, speak of rising up ... out of their body, and so I thought the two were connected. Thanks for your detailed explanation

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 09-12-2014, 02:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
I get confused with OBE and astral projecting. I have heard people when explaining their travels, speak of rising up ... out of their body, and so I thought the two were connected. Thanks for your detailed explanation
OBE is just another archaic term for astral projection to be honest. The experiences of raising out of their body are connected to astral projection, just not in the way that most people believe they are. When a person experiences feelings of rising, the necessity to rise because of a pressure or force pushing them in an alternate direction which they believe it back to their body, and similar events it is not actually as it is often perceived and/or misconstrued. People believe that it is them "leaving their body" when in reality it is a manifestation of astral projecting and/or some sort of symptom or side-effect. The most common cause is what I refer to as energetic magnetism which is when an invisible force seems to be preventing people from leaving their original starting position in a projection. When they push against it in an effort to move away it pushes back and becomes more and more difficult the further a person gets away from it in most cases, eventually it can actually snap like a rubber band and send the person flying in the opposite direction. Meaning they will go flying in the direction they were making themselves move while combatting against the energetic magnetism. And this along with other similar forms of paralysis and an inability to move are the most common experiences that lead people into believing they are leaving a body. But the truth is that unless they were already in another dimension and body there is no way they would be able to experience energetic magnetism to begin with. I have found that sleep paralysis doesn't occur on our physical body and actually occurs on the bodies we dream and project in and so while people believe they are leaving their body in reality their consciousness has already left their body, gone into a different body, and into a different dimension.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Master

I misunderstood your post , you are talking about what is called an acctdental o.b.e. This does happen, some one uses a method to reach an altered state not intending to go out of body , but does . To me astral projection and an o.b.e. are the same , but others say you are going to different parts of the astral plane .
Old 11-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Deactivated Account

it's ok desert rat, I wasn't quite sure how to explain it .

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 12-12-2014, 12:11 AM
Master

Dic-k Sutphen has stated on some of his a.p. tapes that a one time girl friend would go out of body after taking an excredrin . This was before he knew what it was and it scared her . He also stated that some runners would go in to a eyes open o.b.e. after running a few miles . They would look down and see them selves running .