Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 17-11-2014, 03:07 PM
starcrazyangel

Question Leaving my body several times in one night

Hi people. Hope your week has started well...

I was wondering... is it healthy to practise OBE or astral projection multiple times during the night?

Now that I have achieved it, I find it too tempting to attempt it every time I come back from my first projection.

Btw, I'm only talking about twice. I project very briefly, as if I'm just checking I can do it, and when I come back, I project again and go out of the room on a journey. And then that's it. I leave it at that.
Old 18-11-2014, 08:56 AM
Master
I do it every single night as many times as possible (usually around 2-10 projections a night roughly) and have been doing so for several years now. I haven't noticed any real health hazards or problems since doing this other than sometimes after ending a projection usually one that lasted a long time or that I teleported back into several times I tend to have a hard time getting back to sleep. Even once I do get back asleep it's not a deep sleep and is sort of like a light trance state that would happen during meditation. Other than it causing a lack of sleep on some nights though I haven't found any real problems.
Old 18-11-2014, 03:30 PM
CNC

I think the only risk you run (besides a little sleep deprivation) is possibly a touch of depersonalization disorder.

I don't know if Astral Explorer can relate to this but I know when I spend a lot of time OOB it can leave me a little out of touch or distant with the real world at times and it's important to keep a good balance.

Kind of reminds me of how in the 60's everybody was doing psychedelic drugs. Some people did them all the time and where fine, some people did them all the time and went nuts...but some people would do them, then take an appropriate amount of time to reflect on the experience they had before doing them again. I think thats the best option for AP.

If your mind can handle Projecting several times a night then by all means do it. I find for me personally, a week between "good" projections is the perfect amount of time to fully recall it, analyze it, reflect on how/what I learned and to decide what to do next.

Everyone is different though :)
Old 18-11-2014, 06:33 PM
Master
as long as you get plenty of sleep, continue to experiment, it's fun!
Old 19-11-2014, 01:22 PM
starcrazyangel

Thanks guys!

That's good news! I love doing it and I usually wake up in the morning in a better mood then on the days that I decide not to practise or (most annoying of all) when I get disturbed during a trance state while I'm trying to project. That makes me real grumpy!

I do have a lot of fun doing it. I have a ritual that I use to prepare and I usually try to sticking to the same evening routine, like starting me relaxation technique at the same time each night.

I do see your point though, CNC, I do usually spend the day a bit floaty and daydreamy. Is that kind of a precursor so you think?

Thanks again. Been waiting a while for some feedback on this!
Old 19-11-2014, 02:21 PM
CNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcrazyangel
Thanks guys!
I do see your point though, CNC, I do usually spend the day a bit floaty and daydreamy. Is that kind of a precursor so you think?
Nah, thats probably just from interrupted sleep/etc..

More of disconnected feeling, this would be the official definition..

Depersonalization (or depersonalisation) is an anomaly of self-awareness. Subjects feel they have changed, and the world has become vague, dreamlike, less real, or lacking in significance. It can be a disturbing experience, since many feel that, indeed, they are living in a "dream".
Old 19-11-2014, 02:35 PM
starcrazyangel

Ah, ok. That makes more sense. Before I started training myself up, I used to have a lot of sleep problems due to an anxiety disorder. During that time, the lack of sleep really messed up my waking hours too and made me very depressed.

I don't get the same horrible feeling with the interrupted sleep I get from AP, although, I reckon that the sleep/wake cycle is more natural during the night when one is practising AP. Am I right?

I also read something which kind of took the wind out of my sails the other day. Something about a person who stared off as an AP, but then argued the point that it could just be WILD. Is there a way of telling the difference?

I think there is as the impression feeling it leaves you with is quite different.

Have you guys ever thought about this?
Old 20-12-2014, 06:15 PM
bliss

it's totally safe to leave even 90 times a night/day, like the monks and nuns who are better at it do. :) as you might recall, even Marthe Robin, the Catholic nun who lived 53 years without eating (she lived from 1902 to 1981), by taking Eucharist, slept only 1-2 hours and astral traveled daily. there are beings way beyond her abilities, but any change should be gradual and fun and done only if it brings bliss, bliss being an indicator of balanced change.:) What is more exciting and funnier than serving fellow humans via astral travel by projecting in the physical dimension, as some people do in their NDE when they see relatives doing things 5000 miles away? we can't become super-master in one lifetime though. :) So, we do things step by step, in a way that doesn't push us too hard. :) Each year we take ourselves higher. :) ♥