Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 31-07-2019, 07:48 AM
Knower
If no one perceives an object or a space, does it still exists.

i was wondering about time travel and imagining that if i was to go back in time, lets say 1 minute, will i have to rewind the whole world or could i just rewind a specific place. i came to the conclusion that i dont need to rewind the whole world. if i just rewind the events that occured in a particular area, the whole world will not be effected by it. The whole world does not know about it. This led me to thinking that the whole world exists because many people are perceiving the same thing that it exists. What will happen if they did not perceive this world? Will the world still exist? Please share your ideas in less than 100 words. if its too lengthy, i skip it.
Old 31-07-2019, 11:40 AM
Guide
What comes first, the manifestation or the experience of the manifestation?

I have never been to egypt, it is no part of my reality moreso than a concept based on what I have seen in books/tv...so does that mean egypt does not exist, or does not exist to me?

But since this is all based on a concept of time as you have devised in your mind, the workings of that concept are subject to how you decide to make them.
Old 31-07-2019, 11:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Please share your ideas in less than 100 words. if its too lengthy, i skip it.

I've not a clue but this tickled me, and I agree. Be succinct I say
Old 31-07-2019, 01:26 PM
Master

thespiritual1 - this isn't for you - I don't want you overreaching yourself.

I live in an Alpine country, a very beautiful country with mountains, valleys, rivers, lakes and dotted all over with farms, hamlets, villages, towns and a few cities. There were those times when I liked to go on foot into the high mountains - something I cannot now do being an old man - and then, thousands of metres above the lower landscape I'd find a place to sit and observe. Naturally there are those who do the same thing in deserts, forests, ice-fields, oceans and so on.
Once, and this is very rare in my country I sat myself down and looked around and saw to my surprise that although I could see for maybe 50 kilometres in all directions there was not one sign of human interference (if that's the right word).
There was only me and this remarkable vista.

From the very first time I read of Schrödinger's cat I have been fascinated by the thought that - as at the moment fully accepted by Quantum Theory - 'things' have to be observed to come into existence. This may indeed be the whole secret of life and hits me hard every morning when I awaken.

But there was only me and this remarkable vista.

Had I been a mountain goat or maybe a deer I'd have been too busy with other problems than observing or of being aware. But as I sat there the enormity of the privilege I was experiencing caused me to ponder. When I closed my eyes it all vanished, my other senses were still open, I could feel the ground beneath my backside, the breath of wind on my face, the smell of the grass and when I opened my eyes there was this magnificent vista.
Never forgotten - it was like being a god.

However my ponderings, before this experience as well as after, don't alter the fact that when I go to sleep at night where all my senses fall away that my observation facilities and accompanying attributes withdraw themselves into a state or condition or reality where the outside world ceases to exist.

Sleep is possibly a circumstance hovering just above death. Maybe where all that exists is you and I.
Old 31-07-2019, 11:46 PM
Master

I'd think about your title question this way: can something be in another's dream that isn't in my dream? Surely it can. I in your reality isn't the I in my reality.

You can't "roll back" time, but you can perceive another time point than the one you're in right now.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:24 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespiritual1
i was wondering about time travel and imagining that if i was to go back in time, lets say 1 minute, will i have to rewind the whole world or could i just rewind a specific place. i came to the conclusion that i dont need to rewind the whole world. if i just rewind the events that occured in a particular area, the whole world will not be effected by it. The whole world does not know about it. This led me to thinking that the whole world exists because many people are perceiving the same thing that it exists. What will happen if they did not perceive this world? Will the world still exist? Please share your ideas in less than 100 words. if its too lengthy, i skip it.

It would be like mastering the fifth and sixth dimensions in string theory.
https://phys.org/news/2014-12-universe-dimensions.html

What you are asking is what Einstein was saying when he said he liked to believe the moon was there when he was not looking. The answer depends on what one includes when they say "exists". It exists outside of the physical realities created within consciousness, as part of the infinity of possibilities encapsulated within the quantum field wave function.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:45 PM
Seeker
Busby: your post is a pleasure to read.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:40 PM
Master

My understanding of Quantum Theory is sketchy, but I believe a particular quantum (piece) of spacetime does not become a wave or a particle until it is observed. Before it is observed, it exists in both states simultaneously, in a sort of superposition. In fact it exists in three states at once, wave, particle and both at once.

Quantum computers work on this principle, instead of bits(1 or 0), they use qubits (wave, particle or any number of states in between). Physicists don't fully understand how Quanta work exactly, but it is believed that when a Quantum computer does a calculation, much more quickly than an electrical computer ever could, it actually harnesses the power of parallel universes and higher dimensions to arrive at the result of the calculation.

In other words, an infinite number of copies of the same quantum computer in an infinite number of parallel universes all contribute to the same calculation, giving it seemingly magical properties, such as the ability to break incredibly complex encryptions, that would take billions of years with a normal supercomputer.

It is also believed that the very same principle will be used to harness the power of an infinite number of parallel universes, to create an endless, inexhaustible energy source.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:48 AM
Master
Quote:
God in the Quad

There was a young man who said "God
Must find it exceedingly odd
To think that the tree
Should continue to be
When there's no one about in the quad."

Reply:

"Dear Sir: Your astonishment's odd;
I am always about in the quad.
And that's why the tree
Will continue to be
Since observed by, Yours faithfully, God."
- Ronald Knox
Old 03-08-2019, 02:03 PM
Master

existence of something

First there is misbelief due to tremendous progress of material science that nobody observes God and His spirit . This is wrong many people across Geography world over in various centuries have observed and accepted this . It's simply one under the glamour of material science one does not want to put his faith in it .

2nd one can observe what is other than him/her . You can see everybody's face except yourself (without any external aids ). With external aids you definitely can see your beautiful/handsome face. The same way to see the spirit or In-dwelling God you need external aids like good friends , good scientific literature , positive attitude etc . If one's ego is razor sharp unwilling to accept any external aids nobody including God can make you believe things which supposedly nobody has observed .

There umpteen ways one can believe others . But your request to limit in few words , I stop here .