Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 21-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Knower
Did my attunement work?

Are there any circumstances in which a reiki attunement doesn't take.

I did a two day course to do reiki level one and after the first attunement I suddenly got a terrible mirgaine and it seemed as those the air had turned to thick to breathe. I have had migranes before but never like this.

We tried to carry on for another 30 minutes or so but it got so bad I had to leave and I came back the following day to recieve the other 2 attunements, practise some healing exercises and get my certificate.

I was just wondering if the attunements didn't work properly because I was finding it so hard to focus, the whole thing really was a very stressful experience. The second day went well but the first was horrible.

Should I get another attunement?
Old 21-12-2010, 07:48 PM
LightBearer

every body feels varying degrees of sensations during ad after attunement.

it is not abnormal to feel migraines as these can be symptomatic of clearing your energy body also known as detoxification. essentially the more trauma you carry the worse the clearing symptoms. (by trauma i dont necessarily mean something dramatic and excessively traumatic but merely something that makes us change the way we think, and can cause a blockage, so almost every contact we have in life may create a trauma of some sort or another, the key to spiritual development is to clear these blocks or traumas and prevent any further contact creating new traumas by developing wisdom)

i wouldnt get another attunement as long as the intention to attune was there you will have been attuned. the key to answering your question is do you feel the energy?
Old 21-12-2010, 08:33 PM
iolite

I honestly don't think that because you had migraines or didn't "feel" anything, the attunements didn't work. If your reiki instructor truly passed on the attunements, then you've been attuned. Just give yourself some time and practice reiki for the next 30 days. As you continue to practice, the energy should get stronger.
Old 21-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Knower
Thank you both for your replies.

I think you are right and I will concentrate now on practicing, I have been thinking so much about if it worked or not that I haven't even looked at the manual she gave me to read.

Thanks again.
Old 22-12-2010, 05:22 AM
SoaringSpirit

I agree with the others. If you were attuned by a reiki master then the attunement 'worked'. The more you work with the energy the easier and better it will get.
Old 24-12-2010, 03:57 PM
LightFilledHeart

I had an interesting experience shortly after I received my Reiki Master/Teacher certification. I was teaching my first Reiki I class and doing my first actual attunement. You execute the ritual many times in the Reiki Master course, but this was my first actual attunement of a student. As I was going through the ancient and sacred motions of performing the attunement, I realized midway into it that I had made a small error and had not executed the movement with the precision I'd been taught and shown. I felt an instant of panic and dread, and the thought "Oh my God... I did it wrong! Will this attunement fail??" raced through my mind only to be followed almost INSTANTLY with a sudden blanket of warm, tingling peace that settled over me accompanied by the words of the ancient Reiki Masters resounding in my head, "No worry. We fix." I took that to mean that providing my intent was clear and my heart pure, even if I made a minor error in execution of the ritual, the Reiki Teachers past and present (who lend themselves to such things and are always in attendance at attunements) are quite capable of "fixing" whatever faux paux one may have committed in the process. It seems to be so, because the people I empowered with attunements that day went on to do amazing healing work with Reiki, and three out of four went forward to get their Reiki II certification and eventually Reiki III (Master/Teacher) certification. I now have far more confidence because I have been doing attunements for years, but each time I do one, it's a brand new experience in that I am fully present in the now, yet also aware that the service I am performing with the ritual attunement is ancient and sacred, AND that all the Reiki Masters before me are present to insure it all goes as it should. What profound comfort there is in that, not to mention feeling honored to be visited and accepted into the ranks of such loving beings! Lovely
Old 24-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Enya

LightFH, I had the same experience...lol. I used to get far too up-tight about the attunements and would draw symbols wrong or forget to put them somewhere... then I would feel my spirit friends making me giggle and assuring me that pure intent was more important than anything. When we laugh at ourselves, we step out of the ego and into a wider connection.
Old 27-12-2010, 03:39 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
LightFH, I had the same experience...lol. I used to get far too up-tight about the attunements and would draw symbols wrong or forget to put them somewhere... then I would feel my spirit friends making me giggle and assuring me that pure intent was more important than anything. When we laugh at ourselves, we step out of the ego and into a wider connection.

Oh so true!!!
Old 20-01-2011, 03:40 PM
AngelBreeze

Great Sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
I had an interesting experience shortly after I received my Reiki Master/Teacher certification. I was teaching my first Reiki I class and doing my first actual attunement. You execute the ritual many times in the Reiki Master course, but this was my first actual attunement of a student. As I was going through the ancient and sacred motions of performing the attunement, I realized midway into it that I had made a small error and had not executed the movement with the precision I'd been taught and shown. I felt an instant of panic and dread, and the thought "Oh my God... I did it wrong! Will this attunement fail??" raced through my mind only to be followed almost INSTANTLY with a sudden blanket of warm, tingling peace that settled over me accompanied by the words of the ancient Reiki Masters resounding in my head, "No worry. We fix." I took that to mean that providing my intent was clear and my heart pure, even if I made a minor error in execution of the ritual, the Reiki Teachers past and present (who lend themselves to such things and are always in attendance at attunements) are quite capable of "fixing" whatever faux paux one may have committed in the process. It seems to be so, because the people I empowered with attunements that day went on to do amazing healing work with Reiki, and three out of four went forward to get their Reiki II certification and eventually Reiki III (Master/Teacher) certification. I now have far more confidence because I have been doing attunements for years, but each time I do one, it's a brand new experience in that I am fully present in the now, yet also aware that the service I am performing with the ritual attunement is ancient and sacred, AND that all the Reiki Masters before me are present to insure it all goes as it should. What profound comfort there is in that, not to mention feeling honored to be visited and accepted into the ranks of such loving beings! Lovely

That is great sharing, LightFilledHeart! Thank you. Yes, you are right in that when initiating a student into Reiki and the master inadvertently forgets a step or does something out of the regular order, spirit will come in and make the adjustment needed so that there is no fear that it did not 'take'.

Precious energy must not be wasted at that moment by thinking that it might not 'take' or that you need to start over again because spirit will take over and make the proper adjustment needed, as previously stated, since Reiki is a spiritual energy modality.

I am a Reiki master of Usui Shiki Ryoho and often just identify by using the title "Reiki master" which also indicates a 'teacher' in our particular System. Incidentally, I do not like to capitalize the M in 'master' for personal reasons. There are some who will say 'Reiki Master-Teacher' and there is certainly nothing wrong with that at all given the fact that some masters appear to break the master level class into two levels, A and B respectively as you may be familiar with. And while Level A, to my understanding, makes you a master, it does not afford you the opportunity to teach Reiki and initiate others. While their "Part B" does. I was taught in the more traditional manner of Dr. Usui, who rediscovered Reiki, which does not teach that master level Usui Reiki should be broken into two parts. As you know, there are only three levels in Usui Shiki Ryoho. Level I, Level II, and Reiki Level III - master. I'm just mentioning this for clarification in case you or anyone else would have a question as to whether I can teach and perform initiations/attunements to Reiki.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile
Thank you both for your replies.

I think you are right and I will concentrate now on practicing, I have been thinking so much about if it worked or not that I haven't even looked at the manual she gave me to read.

Thanks again.

How is the practicing going?