Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
Apparently most people value honesty yet we all lie everyday.

Could you handle people being 100% honest with you all the time and could you be honest to others 100% honest all the time?

Self honesty is, I believe, a necessary part of a healthy lifestyle...thats not to say i always manage to resist a nibble on some chocolate....but I work at it.

To hear the honesty of others thoughts 100% of the time, would simply create pointless noise.

But I do feel if I have chosen to ask a question, I have chosen because I require an honest answer. And if another asks a question, I would reply honestly to it.

There are many grey areas as to when to speak up and when to keep quiet, when we have not been asked....and they are where we learn most - we make a choice, and accept or deal with the consequences.
Old 14-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
Apparently most people value honesty yet we all lie everyday.

Could you handle people being 100% honest with you all the time and could you be honest to others 100% honest all the time?

I am and I much prefer it in others... believe it or not.

The question is... Are you willing to be completely honest with yourself?

There's a lot of growth potential in Radical Self Honesty.

Xan

Old 14-11-2010, 03:04 AM
Administrator
Hello

At times one has to temper 100% honsesty with a persons great good. To be honest at times fully might do more harm than good with a situation. Better to find a way to be compassionate and understanding .

Is that a LIE no its more a protection for the feelings of others and in time maybe that full on honsesty can come forth.

Lynn
Old 14-11-2010, 03:06 AM
Master
No if I was honest i wouldn't last a day here on SF lol.
Old 14-11-2010, 03:28 AM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice

cheers to your honesty! i'm there with you!
Old 14-11-2010, 06:55 AM
celery

I don't believe in brutal honesty, if that's what you mean. For instance, if someone sucks at doing something, keep it to yourself.
Old 14-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Master
Yeah, if they're that bad at something, they'll find out sooner rather than later.

Brutal honesty is more often harmful, but I think there are times when it has its place. So, could we be 100% honest all the time? It's a moot point, cause this human 'system' is broken anyway.

Old 14-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Suspended

I think this idea must be applied to a set of circumstances.

Something like ' if you were in this situation what would be the best course of action, honest or ?' ' would you refrain from being brutally honest because you know how fragile the person is ?' ' where is your heart (Intent) when you decide to be brutally honest with somebody? ' " how do you go about it in this or that situation' .... I think this also weighs in to - knowing whether someone can handle it or not and if they cant how will go about telling them what they need to hear at the time?' .. or ' you know that they will see it as a threat and get defensive, how will you enlighten them without making them think you are stepping on their shoes? "... actually sometimes you have to step on their shoes... this leads me to conclude that a lot of it has to do with the person you are dealing with, and what intentions you hoard, and whether you yourself have removed the mote from thine eye to see clearly, meaning to know when the window of opportunity arises, what to say, where and how.. making it seem complicated ahh.... you get my drift
Old 14-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by celery
I don't believe in brutal honesty, if that's what you mean. For instance, if someone sucks at doing something, keep it to yourself.
Then that wouldn't be honest would it ?.
Old 14-11-2010, 11:49 AM
shepherd

Quote:

To be honest (lol) I wouldnt either as we all bite our tongues at various posts, threads in order to play by the rules. Life and society have rules which encourage us to lie as honesty may not be welcome.