Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 06-10-2010, 05:14 AM
kimmery

Whats the difference between Reiki and Pranic Healing??

Reiki vs. Pranic Healing...
Old 06-10-2010, 06:02 AM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmery
Conceptually I don't think there is any major difference.

Ki = Chi = Prana = Life Force energy

Some basic distinctions:
  • Pranic Healing (PH) is a no touch system, most (but not all) Reiki practitioners (Rp) do touch.
  • PH uses aura scanning, most RP either follow the proscribed positions or use intuition but some (many?) also utilize Byosen scanning to feel energy blockages
  • PH defines where it can pull energy from (ie Sun, ground, air), Rp "channel" universal energy from everywhere
There are several more distinctions. IMO it is different buckets drawing from the same well, different paths to the same destination
Old 20-02-2011, 09:27 AM
ArcaneHandz

Well versed in Pranic Healing and Reiki thats a good definition but there are some major differences I've noticed studying and putting both into application.

Pranic healing is more of a direct and set method of curing ailments and revitalizing the body and aura. it tells you exactly what to do (hand gestures and all) to even how many times you have to do it to get certain results. Techniques range from scanning cleaning and energizing the Aura. Pranic healing instructs students to draw prana (energy) in from the environment (Ground, air and solar prana) and use this to heal.

Reiki which I am less but lightly experienced with is touch based and relies on the practitioners ability to connect with and transmit the energy throughout the patients body to bring about healing. It also relies upon the use of symbols to activate certain facets of the energy such as maximizing energy and healing at a distance. Reiki is simpler to learn than pranic healing and in my opinion is a magnificent system to those interested in any of the spiritual sciences.

In essence Both are just the manipulation of the use of the astral light (which has many names) to bring about healing.
Old 20-02-2011, 05:37 PM
AngelBreeze

Differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmery

Greetings, kimmery!

I am a Reiki master of The Usui System (Usui Shiki Ryoho).

While I am vaguely familiar with pranic healing, the major differences between Reiki and Pranic Healing, from what I have read in the responses given, are:

• Reiki requires an initiation/attunement to the energy by a qualified, certified Reiki master. It also carries a lineage.

• With Reiki, the practitioner simply lays their hands lightly on or above the body and God takes over at that point with the practitioner basically stepping aside to allow God to do His work as He will.

• Reiki must give credit to God and thank Him for His power that can effect transformation. Without God in the equation, a person would be using their own personal energy in the session(s) which could serve to deplete their energy.

• The Usui System, (Usui Shiki Ryoho) has three degrees. Reiki 1 connects one to the physical aspects at hand. Reiki II connects one to the mental and emotional aspects which allow Reiki to be done at a distance and which augments the Reiki I energy. Reiki III (master teacher) connects one to the Spiritual aspect and allows one to teach and administer the initiations.

Have a beautiful day!

Old 06-04-2011, 07:22 AM
kabash

Difference in Reiki and PH

Hi all,
I am practing Reiki and PH for the last 15 years, Reiki and PH, as per my experience reiki energy is very soft and does not harm or damage to the patient but PH is raw and sometimes uncontrolled energy , if applied excessively it can over energize the effected part.
so while applying PH healer must be attentive and extra careful specially applying advanced PH with colors.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:42 AM
yinepu

Hi I am a reiki 2 practitioner, and have had both ph and reiki done on me.

For me i love both, however i feel Pranic Healing in my experience as a reciever was the strongest, and long lasting.

In saying that at the time of my pranic healing i was a mess emotionally, wanting to leave my husband, feeling stuck, stressed, etc. I had no idea the impact of the healing. it was amazing !

After my healing i could see things through a clear lense, so to speak, no more emotions binding me ,no more feeling trapped. I walked out of there into my car with my husband driving and felt clear in my decision to stay, and try and work things out, and i never thought i would in 1 hour be completely free and energised to respond to my problems so effectlively.

Reiki for me, and this is just my experience as a reciever, has been awesome too, clearing alot of energy , my body responding in turn. I love reiki its great, but Pranic Healing blew me away. But when i was getting reiki i was not in such an emotional state, i was more shall we say even keeled.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:21 AM
kabash

How to strenthen the body muscles in Pranic healing?