Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 14-01-2018, 03:04 AM
Master
Who are We Fooling?

I found an intriguing question posed by a new member of SF who entitled his post, simply "Intentional Self-Delusion".

What struck me was that after I had read the reference he attached, about a provocative study in Wikipedia called "Illusory Truth Effect", it made me think about a nagging suspicion behind the "fake it until you make it" rationalizations that some have attributed to how affirmations in the Law of Attraction "really" work.

The suspicion bothered me so much, I just had to ask myself, is the "illusory truth effect" what LOA is?? Why do you have to "fake it until you make it" ?

Worse, is the popularity of LOA really based on "Intentional self-delusion", which becomes "Institutional self-delusion" writ large??

If so, then....

Who ARE we fooling??

I hope my response, below, helps you reap answers from the questions sown in The Garden of You.

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...55&postcount=4
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 14-01-2018 at 04:44 AM.
Old 15-01-2018, 02:57 AM
Master
The Map is NOT The Territory

The Universe provided an answer to my question in the post above, "Who Are We Fooling".

My thanks to another SF member, who helped me see my way clear. Interestingly, the SF member's name is Open2It !

Sometimes, the seeds planted in the Garden of You blossom in unexpected ways, and even sooner than one expects.

So what was the answer to my question"Who Are We Fooling".?

I'd been fooling myself by confusing the map of my designations, for the territory of Reality, which caused me to subtly substitute the illusion I've been taught, for the reality of how things really work.

The answer I needed is that the Universe ALWAYS works perfectly, even when I didn't understand how It could, while I was blind to how my own uncritically examined assumptions obscured clear thinking and seeing.

I am certainly now open to the possibilities that these clear answers have brought to bloom.

.....as you, too are now invited to ascertain whether they can bear fruit for your understanding. Enjoy!

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=119518&page=2 Page 2 of Open2It's thread
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 03-02-2018, 07:49 PM
Master
Livin' la vida LOcA....

.....sooooo how ARE you living the "crazy life" of LOA?

Here's how I'm doin' it! http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=111619

Looking forward to hearing how LOA has helped you reap successful seeds (deeds) of experience sown (grown) in the Garden of You!

Enjoy!!
Old 09-02-2018, 03:12 PM
Master
What happens when one sows poisonous seeds?

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...postcount=1188

....one reaps poisonous fruit!
Old 18-02-2018, 10:15 PM
Master
Miracles ARE The Garden of You

All,

Here are two quotes I found about miracles which made me think.....hard!

“Miracles happen, not in opposition to nature, but in opposition to what we know of nature.”
– St. Augustine

This quote, expanded in the first reference below, comes from an excellent article by Brandon West, entitled, "Evidence That the Human Body is a Projection of Consciousness". As he states: "In this article we will explore how your body is a holographic projection of your consciousness, and how you directly influence that hologram and thus have complete control over the physical health of your body. We will also specifically explore the exact mechanism behind this principle, and don’t worry, I will provide scientific evidence so let your rational mind be at ease. But first … how is this even possible?"

You WILL SEE HOW, and even better, HOW IT APPLIES TO YOU!

The 2nd quote, expanded in the second reference below, explains WHY, and even better, WHY YOU CAN APPLY IT!

"There is nothing in your exterior experience that you did not originate within yourself. Interactions with others do occur, yet none occur what you do not attract or draw to you by your thoughts, feelings, attitudes or emotions. In your terms this applies both before, during and after physical life. In a most miraculous fashion you are given the gift of creating your own experiences."
– Seth, channeled by Jane Roberts

So what's so miraculous about all of this? Let me put it this way:

Do you remember when someone showed you how to drive? After learning the rules, you practiced until it was 2nd nature, right? http://www.blueknightdrivingschool.c...classroom.html

....or if you are visually-challenged, how to read this very article in Braille? http://www.duxburysystems.com/ You practiced until it was 2nd nature, right?

....or if you are hearing-challenged, how to operate the software that converts speech into sign-language? You practiced until it was 2nd nature, right? http://www.americansignlanguage.com/

...or if you've ever crammed for an exam? You practiced until it was 2nd nature.

In each of those instances, do you remember why you practiced, after you mastered the instructions?

TO MAKE IT STICK IN YOUR EXPERIENCE!!

Accordingly, if miracles are, as St. Augustine said, "....not in opposition to nature, but in opposition to what we know of nature", doesn't it stand to reason that miracles are simply the perfectly natural outcome of learning and doing spiritual practices CORRECTLY....using the inherent capabilities you, and everyone else on the planet came to this Earthly plane to learn ????

.....then, it's not so difficult to consider that what we call miracles, are actually the practical, well-practiced knowledge and use of SPIRITUAL CAPABILITIES that each of us have always possessed, waiting to be purposefully LEARNED, MASTERED, and EXPRESSED !

TO MAKE IT STICK IN YOUR EXPERIENCE!!

Many Teachers have come to show us that we, OURSELVES, are here to live more abundantly. The thief comes not, but to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10. Trouble is, we, OURSELVES, have been the thieves, killers, destroyers, and the hiders, taught to keep our OWN miraculous knowledge from being known by us in order TO master it in a life experienced as supreme abundance.

The only difference between learning how to drive, or operate Braille or Sign Language software, and practicing until they are 2nd nature.....is that practicing mastery of this miraculous gift.....is your First nature!!

What is your First nature?

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience."
- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

In other words, we were all CREATED this way !!!

See the words, in the last reference, that personally changed my life, describing the mastery with we are each endowed, by the Creator, "I wish to call your attention more fully to the fact that man in his right domain is limitless, knows no limit of time or space. Man, when he knows himself, is not obliged to toil wearily along for five days to accomplish ninety miles. Man in his right estate can accomplish any distance, it matters not the magnitude, instantly. A moment ago I was in the village from which you departed five days ago. What you saw as my body still reposes there. Your associate, whom you left in that village, will tell you that, until a few moments before four o'clock, I conversed with him, stating that I would go to greet you as you would arrive here about this hour..."

This "version of Earth" is a SCHOOL in which we practice BEING the Spiritual Progeny we truly are, and have always been, as the Masters you will read about in the last reference, have done. This is our birthright.

We have always been Who we truly are, awaiting our own remembrance, on Earth, that I AM THAT I AM, as in Heaven.
Guthrio

If, as Seth states, "In a most miraculous fashion you are given the gift of creating your own experiences."....WHAT COULD BE MORE FUN THAN THAT ?????

Enjoy the references, each of which can help us practice the mastery we will apply in new lessons, in dimensions a'beckoning.....

...in the Gardens of You.

Reference: http://themindunleashed.com/2014/04/...ciousness.html

Reference: http://www.the-office.com/seth/

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...44&postcount=1 Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East by Baird T. Spaulding

Last edited by guthrio : 19-02-2018 at 04:12 AM.
Old 23-02-2018, 07:51 PM
Master
Perception - The Reality Beyond Matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqnEGu8VF8Y

This video will reveal a crucial secret about our lives and how perception, our perception, when changed....

....changes everything else in the Garden of You.

HINT: It comes with a warning.....for good reason, as you will ascertain.

Last edited by guthrio : 24-02-2018 at 02:51 AM.
Old 23-02-2018, 08:00 PM
Master
Thank you, friend, for sharing. Much appreciated.

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3
Old 23-02-2018, 08:17 PM
Master
Realm Ki,

Thank you !
Old 04-03-2018, 06:35 PM
Master
"Everything originates from the seed of Determination."

....perhaps to be reaped by you from the fortune cookie I just found containing those wise words, and these numbers: 43, 2, 49, 31, 18, 19.....or not.

You determine what you reap by what you sow...in the Garden of You.

Last edited by guthrio : 04-03-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:21 AM
Master
Your subconscious can't tell the difference between imagination and reality

THIS BLEW MY MIND! How could this possibly be true???

WHY COULD THIS EVEN BE TRUE???

Then I started reading about the subconscious and....hypnotism.

The first article, referenced below helped me understand why.

See if you agree, from this common example:

"Have you ever gone into the future and brought back memories of an event that has not and may not happen. A total fantasy.
And you felt bad and upset. Some call this worry.
"

Did that hit home? It's what you imagined as reality!

The article goes on to say,

"Just take a moment and think about the implications of this knowledge. As you are able to create and experience feeling on your own.....
YOU COULD DO THE SAME PROCESS TO FEEL GREAT NOW. Think about it. What could be possible?"

In other words, what you tell yourself is possible, is what you tell yourself is true.

In Frederick Dodson's excellent site, "RealityCreation.org", he provides superb guidance on ways to optimize the subconscious' inability to tell the difference between imagination and reality, by "scripting": In the 2nd reference, below, he writes...

"You can script anything you would like to experience, and by doing so, you will start to draw that experience into your reality. The main idea is to relocate your consciousness to the place in which the thing you want has already come true."

I take this to mean that "if you can feel it it's as if you are already experiencing it (which you actually are, as your subconscious cant tell the difference between imagination and reality and what you radiate over time turns into reality). The question “And if you already have that, what do you then want?” subtly shifts your emotion into a position of already owning that reality. From this position you look at the new goals you would have if the first thing were already fulfilled."

Pretty cool, huh? It's what you tell yourself is true.

BTW, Do you have trouble manifesting? I know I did, until I used the knowledge above, and also in the 3rd reference below, which helped me remove the difference between imagination and reality, 21 different ways from Sunday. Actually, through 21 Universal Laws to Help You Get Everything You Want in Life, as well written, and practiced by the author Vishnu. From the picture you'll see at the top of the article, you'll understand why he knows that reality IS imagination come true.

In fact,the only distance between imagination and reality is between sowing the seed and reaping the deed.

But the distance, and the difference, is what you tell yourself it is...in the Garden of You

Hope this, and the references, below helps someone...

The last reference is how I was personally helped with advice like this.

Reference: http://www.realsmarthypnosis.com/basicself/subcon.html

Reference: https://www.realitycreation.org/exce...manifestation/ (Click on Free Stuff)

Reference: http://www.vishnusvirtues.com/21-uni...-want-in-life/

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...33&postcount=3

Last edited by guthrio : 11-03-2018 at 05:19 PM.