Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-01-2015, 08:23 PM
--Star-Nancy--

When spending too much time alone becomes unhealthy?

How much do you usually need alone time? Is it normal for a person to enjoy one's alone time or not?
Have you ever met a person who doesn't care about other people and just want to do his thing? And can it be considered as weird?

TY
xoxo
Old 20-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Master
It's perfectly healthy to enjoy one's alone time.

Almost all modern society folks can't stand to be alone with their thoughts, in my opinion those are the unhealthy people, aren't they?

I prefer to eat alone at lunch rather than going out with my coworkers

I think -why do I have to waste my time and attention on their silly talks? when I could be learning, reading interesting things and above all listening to my thoughts.

But sometimes we need silly jokes in our life as well.

Try to find the perfect balance between solitude and company :)

Last edited by Lucyan28 : 20-01-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 20-01-2015, 08:55 PM
FollowBack

Are you introverted? You can say that it has nothing to do with it, but I guess it does. Some way or another.
Old 20-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyan28
It's perfectly healthy to enjoy one's alone time.

Almost all modern society folks can't stand to be alone with their thoughts, in my opinion those are the unhealthy people, aren't they?

I prefer to eat alone at lunch rather than going out with my coworkers

I think -why on earth do I have to waste my time and attention on their silly talks? when I could be learning, reading interesting things and above all listening to my thoughts.

I agree Lucyan28. In my day we kids had lots of personal time to think and ponder while fishing or camping under the stars or developing fine motor skills making something. I don't see any of the kids today doing such things especially those growing up in the city. Parents are too engrossed in their own hectic life to spend much intimate time with child development. Now kids must be constantly entertained or enveloped in high volume intense gaming. In clinical practice I see a lot of somatic tremor and loss of high frequency hearing that is troubling. Few youngling are able to make eye contact in face to face conversation. They are drifting off into some virtual fake reality. Sedate personal time seems to be the big difference between a country and city kid.
Old 20-01-2015, 09:26 PM
Master

Eye candy....the treasure from without......has a way of preventing us from seeing the treasure within(which many of us believe is the greater treasure). When we become able to recognize the treasure within, it is then that we become able to share some measure of that treasure with others.
Old 21-01-2015, 12:10 AM
FollowBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Eye candy....the treasure from without......has a way of preventing us from seeing the treasure within(which many of us believe is the greater treasure). When we become able to recognize the treasure within, it is then that we become able to share some measure of that treasure with others.
Beautifully said!
Old 21-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Yep, it's called an introvert. I'm very introverted but do enjoy company at times. I prefer my own space though. It's quite normal, just not as common as extroversion.

Being alone is as healthy as you feel comfortable with it.
Old 21-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by --Star-Nancy--
How much do you usually need alone time? Is it normal for a person to enjoy one's alone time or not?
Have you ever met a person who doesn't care about other people and just want to do his thing? And can it be considered as weird?

TY
xoxo

Whatever works for you is fine. I have spent most of my life in solitude, just doing my thing. Sure people think it's weird, but pay no attention to them. It's about what feels right and good to you.
Old 21-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Whatever works for you is fine. I have spent most of my life in solitude, just doing my thing. Sure people think it's weird, but pay no attention to them. It's about what feels right and good to you.

ScarlettHayden,

Ideally, IMO, it should be more than this. What is important is balance. Perhaps reconciling 2 different scriptures can illustrate this. "Be still and know that I am God" is akin to introversion. "No one after lighting a lamp puts it under a bushel basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all in the house".....this speaks of extroversion. Think of it this way: a fully charged battery that is not used serves no purpose and, in fact, loses its charge over time. Placed in a car, however, it serves a purpose and actually continues to charge itself while it is being used.
There is a danger lurking for those that are pursuing spiritual development. Their efforts can easily become directed solely to the idea of improving or elevating themselves. This becomes self-defeating. Without kenosis(emptying of self) there is soon no room in the cup(the Self) to receive that which is new and vivifying.