Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Master
I'm sorry for the pain you are dealing with regarding the loss of your beloved aunt. I don't believe that anyone goes to hell. I have struggled with suicidel thoughts and desires and attempts my whole life. At one point, while trying to be a 'christian', I could no longer take it, and cried out to God that I didn't believe a god of love...that people claim is 'love' would cast me to a place like hell in my despair and pain. I asked for forgiveness and I cried out how I simply could not continue living in the mental and emotional anguish I was...at that moment, it was a truly liberating moment for me. All pain ceased, I got the urgent sense that I feared a place that didn't exist, all that existed was love. All my surroundings even looked different, calmer, peaceful, beautiful. It's funny because I've been listening to one of Eckhart Tolle's books on CD while driving to school each day...I read the book before and it was not doing much for me during the dark period of my life...but hearing it now and how he came to be out of his darkness, I could totally relate to.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling, please be at peace and while you miss your aunt, please don't worry she's in hell. She is not a loser, she was a hurting woman....
Old 17-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Coming2

Beautiful post Sarian!!
Old 17-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Pathfinder
sorry for your loss am sure a speak for everyone when l say where all here for you xx
Old 17-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Knower
I am sorry for your loss.
Old 17-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Pathfinder
[quote=Sarian]It's funny because I've been listening to one of Eckhart Tolle's books on CD while driving to school each day...I read the book before and it was not doing much for me during the dark period of my life...but hearing it now and how he came to be out of his darkness, I could totally relate to.

QUOTE]

May I ask which of Eckhart Tolle's books you are referring to? I've listened to an audiobook of his in the past and it helped me a great deal. I think I need to turn to another work of his at this time in my life. Thanks
Old 19-08-2011, 03:20 AM
Acchaa Dalit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutedBlue
May I ask which of Eckhart Tolle's books you are referring to? I've listened to an audiobook of his in the past and it helped me a great deal. I think I need to turn to another work of his at this time in my life. Thanks

Tolle's stuff has an interesting habit of working better for fairly comfortable people, if you only read a few pages at a time. If you can get through half the book in a day - which is so hard when you spend every page reflecting, haha - it can change anyone. Though if you don't mind me joining the conversation, it's great that you're seeking out the message again. He leads you through the human tunnel, into the light ... then into more and more light with each word
Everyone reacts differently, but on topic ...

I hope this helps you abandon your worries. Not many people know the origins of the Christian suicide beliefs. In Roman times, the new Christian religion was spreading. They were a touch decadent. So those who'd lived by the Ten Commandments realised, wow, this Heaven place sounds amazing. Let's go there now!
Soon the Church's numbers began dwindling. Now they cared about their message, and didn't want the people sharing it to die out. Unfortunately, the Papacy ran their flock with Pax Romana, the same tactics that the Roman army used. So they chose fear tactics, and told the new Christian sect that suicide was now a sin. Those who performed it with no regret would definitely live with eternal damnation.
Ah, the tangle those two words have caused. Someday Humanity will laugh at the idea, promise :)

You know, all of us looking for answers in this topic have chosen a good place for it. So much healing intention ...
Old 19-08-2011, 03:56 PM
ChrisZanetti

Don't be weak, don't let your family bring you down! Remember, you're a light warrior. Light warriors are strong people.
Old 21-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Pathfinder

Consequence

I'm very sorry to hear about anyone who suicides. There is no Hell but there is a consequence. From what I have read, a person repeats the life and circumstances that led up to the suicide, so really, it is never is an escape. It just looks that way.
Bye
Old 24-08-2011, 07:43 PM
indiesongwriter

My impression: Souls who commit suicide do not go to hell. I've communicated with a friend from beyond the grave who took her own life and she was in a good, healing place. She was raped by her father and suffered from bipolar and gave up because of the pain. In a meditative vision I saw her as a child and she told me "I can be innocent again" and she was on a playground with angels surrounded by light. She regretted taking her own life but was learning from the experience.

There is absolutely no punishment for taking your own life other than that souls often regret doing it after the fact and make a commitment to not do it again. It can even be a learning experience for souls who take advantage of it. We learn what not to do by making mistakes, right? It is just another lesson. If it becomes a habit - which for most souls it does not - than the birthing guides address this by the structure of the souls lives and sometimes their spiritual growth may be a bit slower than others due to this. I think for some souls who are in truly intractable pain and/or debilitation without any possible end in sight suicide is permissible. People have to be very honest with themselves and their guides/god/inner self about where to draw that line so that they are not being rash. But I am a proponent for assisted suicide in some cases. Also, souls that suicide while they are mentally ill or in a psychotic state I sense are not held accountable because they were not truly in touch with themselves or with reality. Again, its very individual - but souls will judge their spiritual progress not just on how they ended their lives but also how they lived it.
Old 26-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Pathfinder
alleigh-- i am so sorry to hear this. i committed suicide in a past life, so while I can't even begin to fathom your grief, I can understand what your aunt went through. Having been back for a few incarnations since that life, and having gone through a past life and life between lives regression, I can say that your aunt was met on the other side by souls who love her unconditionally and that the pain she felt in this lifetime went away as soon as she returned home.

I can tell you unequivocally that when you commit suicide you are not 'punished' for it in the afterlife and that my experience of 'karma' from the suicide was more about learning how people would be able to forgive me and how to forgive myself than it was about being 'punished' for what i'd done.

if you want to talk more, send me a private message. I'm more than happy to answer questions from the perspective of someone who made the decision your aunt did, but i'm also just happy to listen if you need someone to talk to.