Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-08-2018, 02:17 AM
Master

the one true attitude

I keep reading about how everyone thinks there is 'one true attitude' that will take them along the path. Pick it up, and you are saved?

Unfortunately there seems to be more than one. The bible for example indicates there are 7 'candles' (read attitudes). But there may be even more possible 'attitudes' than that. For example there were 12 'tribes' early in the bible, maybe each had control of one attitude? And maybe the 7 candles are just seven of those tribes/attitudes?

So IMO picking up just one attitude as the 'one true path' the way most of the teachings are concerned with, and going with it, always misses a big part of the story.

Not that it matters, even if people could see what is right in front of their eyes there is an even bigger monster they still wouldn't see past.

All this is good for fights though, if everyone picks up their favorite attitude and tries to beat everyone who doesn't agree it is *the* most peachy keen attitude to a pulp we can all have endless fun disagreeing!
Old 30-08-2018, 04:18 AM
Master

You're talking about something like google maps directions (?). People can choose based on their preference, and can even make their own individual route (you stopped at 12, but there are other things that number 101, or 1001, 10,000, ...). People are different; their choices are different too. Some are wrong choices.
Old 30-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves

So IMO picking up just one attitude as the 'one true path' the way most of the teachings are concerned with, and going with it, always misses a big part of the story.

Hi,

What if this 'one attitude' was love. Having that perspective embedded in every aspect of your thoughts and actions.

What part of the story would be missing. What attitude is even equal to Love.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 30-08-2018, 04:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

What if this 'one attitude' was love. Having that perspective embedded in every aspect of your thoughts and actions.

What part of the story would be missing. What attitude is even equal to Love.

John

We live in a dual world. If you have love, you inherently have its opposites. One can't embrace love without seeding its opposite in their mind. On a thought responsive plane, a single glimpse of a thought may degenerate in a nightmare.

There is the concept of unconditional love, supposedly a non-dual love. I believe that has no resemblance with Earthly love, so it is a misnomer.

Each one of us should do whatever they think is right. They may even try to spread the word about that, but should keep in mind that they might be wrong, and not try to force their beliefs on others.
Old 31-08-2018, 02:38 AM
Ascender
Quote:
I keep reading about how everyone thinks there is 'one true attitude' that will take them along the path. Pick it up, and you are saved?

Unfortunately there seems to be more than one. The bible for example indicates there are 7 'candles' (read attitudes). But there may be even more possible 'attitudes' than that. For example there were 12 'tribes' early in the bible, maybe each had control of one attitude? And maybe the 7 candles are just seven of those tribes/attitudes?

Not that it matters, even if people could see what is right in front of their eyes there is an even bigger monster they still wouldn't see past.

All this is good for fights though, if everyone picks up their favorite attitude and tries to beat everyone who doesn't agree it is *the* most peachy keen attitude to a pulp we can all have endless fun disagreeing!

I think that people want to believe in the absolute one attitude; however, people don't agree on the definition of the "true attitude".
So, in truth, there are billions attitude with different twists based on individual ego.
Beside, do we really want just ONE attitude?
Questions is... Does it matter really which attitude? if we are back to square one/zero with each cycle no matter which attitude that we assumed?
Old 31-08-2018, 03:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
I think that people want to believe in the absolute one attitude; however, people don't agree on the definition of the "true attitude".
So, in truth, there are billions attitude with different twists based on individual ego.
Beside, do we really want just ONE attitude?
Questions is... Does it matter really which attitude? if we are back to square one/zero with each cycle no matter which attitude that we assumed?

hehehe... I think there was a scripture about that, something about God decrying the fact that everyone was picking their own evil path and noone was doing good... I don't remember enough of what was said to find it though.

as far as mattering, it depends on what you want I guess. It is like, different exercises exercise different muscle groups? So I think different attitudes might excercise various aspects of spirituality. Or lack thereof

But I agree it is very hard to avoid the idea there is one true attitude and not choose just one. Personally I haven't quite chosen a favorite yet though
Old 31-08-2018, 03:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You're talking about something like google maps directions (?). People can choose based on their preference, and can even make their own individual route (you stopped at 12, but there are other things that number 101, or 1001, 10,000, ...). People are different; their choices are different too. Some are wrong choices.

I don't know any more if I am really qualified to say what a 'wrong choice' looks like. This because I'm having my mind stretched by some of the choices people are making elsewhere on these boards... I call them questionable but do I really know what is in the heart of another?

Anyway as far as google maps what I'm kinda getting at with my post is that people seem to pick a single direction and then go as far as they can in that direction irregardless of all other concerns?
Old 31-08-2018, 03:21 AM
Ascender
Quote:
hehehe... I think there was a scripture about that, something about God decrying the fact that everyone was picking their own evil path and noone was doing good... I don't remember enough of what was said to find it though.

as far as mattering, it depends on what you want I guess. It is like, different exercises exercise different muscle groups? So I think different attitudes might excercise various aspects of spirituality. Or lack thereof

But I agree it is very hard to avoid the idea there is one true attitude and not choose just one. Personally I haven't quite chosen a favorite yet though

Yeah. good point. so there is not a wrong attitude since each is for a purpose. All attitudes are right ones.

If for some miraculous way, the entire humanty decides on One True Attitude (which will never happen), I am going to be a renegade.
Why? , because I don't trust it. I can only trust my own.

Trust seems to be the core of the conflicts between different attitudes. .. . may be not the individual ego.. Hmm... I am contradicting my own self.
Old 31-08-2018, 03:36 AM
Knower

I'm not sure if anyone has considered that none of the attitudes matter? Not light, not dark, not flourishing or suffering... because no matter what we think, the outcome is already assured. The actions and attitudes we have here matter not but to our personal comfort, or lack of comfort, while we're here.

So attitude away, I say. And like attitudes will gather in someone's name and be comfortable together :-)
Old 31-08-2018, 03:40 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
Yeah. good point. so there is not a wrong attitude since each is for a purpose. All attitudes are right ones.

If for some miraculous way, the entire humanty decides on One True Attitude (which will never happen), I am going to be a renegade.
Why? , because I don't trust it. I can only trust my own.

Trust seems to be the core of the conflicts between different attitudes. .. . may be not the individual ego.. Hmm... I am contradicting my own self.

yep that is the way I feel too! But I also know that of all the attitudes you can choose from, many are much better than the ones humanity at large espouses

trust yeah, I get it. But I think too that some people just like to fight and one way that is still allowed is to grab an attitude and then take on all comers