Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-11-2018, 11:43 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangeline 77
Same thing happens when I tell "spiritual" people that I listen heavy metal. 95 out of 100 will judge me immediately, some tells me I have to stop listening low vibrational music that's why I feel bad!!
It doesn't matter that heavy metal is played by actual musicians who are talented and skilled, the lyrics are normally like poems, yes, some of them are about destruction but that's part of life too. Death is part of life.
Also nobody!! at a metal gig will stay unhappy, people are more inclusive than everywhere else, they are more than happy to talk to you and everyone is smiling because they all accept the other person's quirks.

Well, you're not alone, and you're not alone to have those thoughts either. I'm a soul on the spiritual path just like you. I also happen to be a bodybuilder listening to heavy metal. Thunderstruck with ACDC is one of my favorite tunes. When I play that song, It's like the universe is POURING energy into my body while saying "Common man, you can lift this!" I can probably do another rep or two only because of the energy from that song, so when people say heavy metal and such "negative" genres is terrible, I wonder if they've ever truly listened to such songs? Though I happen to be a vegetarian who eats mostly vegan, but that's another story...

Also, one of my all-time favorite songs is "He is" with Ghost. If you look up Ghost, you'll find they carry a very satanic theme, but I like this song nonetheless. When I first heard this song on the radio, I had no idea that " Nostro dis pater, nostr' alma mater" (part of lyrics) meant "our god of the underworld." (at least that's a theory listed on the reddit post regarding the lyrics) I merely thought they referred to god, the creator, so that's what I think about when I listen to it. Nonetheless, death and destruction is indeed a part of life. I'm not seeking it, and I do not wishing it upon anyone else, I simply acknowledge the fact that it's there. When it comes to my actions, I try to inspire people and to spread as much love as possible! I believe in the human race, but we need a lot of love right now. Let's overwhelm everyone with it, shall we?

Read the article "Spirituality and Heavy Metal? Oh, Yes" on Huffington Post, I'm sure you'll find it useful! (I'm not allowed to post url's yet)
Old 14-11-2018, 05:24 AM
Deactivated Account
i would go into trance listening to heavy metal. meditated to it. it was an integral tool to bring me to a space of joy and silence. which eventually stuck about ten years ago. been living in that space since.

god bless rock and roll my guidance told me. wound up true in my experince.

its also my belief that the devotion for weight training gives one the devotion needed for meditation.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 14-11-2018, 05:58 AM
Master
It is interesting to note, that since starting this thread, the opening poster has not returned give any further comment, or replied to any of the responses.

If she sees herself as being a "spiritual person", she also must not like herself much...

It is just a case of her venting and running away... nothing to see here...moving on.
Old 14-11-2018, 12:00 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
i would go into trance listening to heavy metal. meditated to it. it was an integral tool to bring me to a space of joy and silence. which eventually stuck about ten years ago. been living in that space since.

god bless rock and roll my guidance told me. wound up true in my experince.

its also my belief that the devotion for weight training gives one the devotion needed for meditation.

That's awesome! Regarding the lifting weights, I've never thought about it like that, but I believe you're right. Sometimes I feel like it, sometimes I don't, but I always go to the gym no matter what, and when I finally start lifting I always end up loving it. For someone who doesn't lift, the idea of self-imposed agony, to keep pushing even though the muscles are burning, might seem odd and something you wouldn't want to put yourself through. However, I love it. I can't put into words really, but If I'm allowed to guess, I think it has to do with the fact that when your lifting, that's the only thing that matters then and there. You're truly living in the now. It's impossible not to be there and present when you've got 300lbs on your back, and you're pressing or pulling with everything that you've got, and when you rack the weight, a fantastic feeling of joy and accomplishment pours over you.

To be a bodybuilder or involved in fitness in any way takes much devotion, and I guess as you said, that devotion to whatever you're doing can be very beneficial to meditation as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
It is interesting to note, that since starting this thread, the opening poster has not returned give any further comment, or replied to any of the responses.

If she sees herself as being a "spiritual person", she also must not like herself much...

It is just a case of her venting and running away... nothing to see here...moving on.

That is interesting; nonetheless, I've genuinely enjoyed reading all you're thoughts on this, thanks for sharing!
Old 15-11-2018, 09:40 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Last night after a long time I went to a dance meditation group. Basically free-style dance with some instructions.
I don't know what happened but I felt I needed to laugh at the hypocrisy of these so called spiritual people (not the first time)
The dance meditation, the technique she was "teaching" was simply clubbing without alcohol. Dance and techno tracks played with the faciliator on the "mixer" like a DJ.
I understand the debiliating effects of alcohol what I don't understand that a lot of these people think they are better than others.
An average person who goes to "normal" clubs will get an amplified effect because the music is louder, there are more people around you and you'll get their happy energy too, the music will vibrate through your body. "Normal" people look for the connection and the letting go too they just found a different outlet.
(obviously not talking about the extremes!)

Same thing happens when I tell "spiritual" people that I listen heavy metal. 95 out of 100 will judge me immediately, some tells me I have to stop listening low vibrational music that's why I feel bad!!
It doesn't matter that heavy metal is played by actual musicians who are talented and skilled, the lyrics are normally like poems, yes, some of them are about destruction but that's part of life too. Death is part of life.
Also nobody!! at a metal gig will stay unhappy, people are more inclusive than everywhere else, they are more than happy to talk to you and everyone is smiling because they all accept the other person's quirks.

I used to go to group meditations and retreats but I find it more and more difficult, mainly because majority of the spiritual people are as narrow-minded as everyone else. But the bigger problem is when they think they are superior, "they are on the right path" and you are not.
I got to the point where I think everything you do in your life is good as long as you feel good about, it serves your life purpose and nobody has the right to tell you are doing it wrong. You don't have to do yoga asanas and become a vegan, if you eat meat, you are still a perfect human being. Etc

This is only a rant, everybody is free to think whatever they want, I just had to write about my experience last night because I feel like there is hardly anybody left I could talk too. For average people I am too hippy, for spiritual people I am not well developed yet (You'll get there love-so condescending!)

And the other aspect of my post is I just find it funny how my way of thinking is changing, how I am becoming more Me.

I hear you! There is a lot of hypocrisy out there and people get very clubby about their ideas and beliefs, whatever they may be. You just have to try and go with the flow, be yourself and keep an open mind and all of this can be challenging. I hope everything goes well for you and viva Metallica!
Old 15-11-2018, 09:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
Yes, and the reason is quite simple.. you feel better physically and this improves your mental state of being.. Reducing tensions and issues from body and mind are necessities for meditation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I agree with you Shivani...

The spiritual 'quest' is also not a 5 star hotel.. I think this is what can cause confusion in people. Like it's supposed to be some sort of luxurious spa! Well you get the nice experiences and the spa in a way but it requires a lot of dealing with one's issues too, and admitting to yourself and realizing you have degree of ego, conditional love, and cause pain to your self and others.. It's not all milk and honey!
Old 15-11-2018, 02:53 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Last night after a long time I went to a dance meditation group. Basically free-style dance with some instructions.
I don't know what happened but I felt I needed to laugh at the hypocrisy of these so called spiritual people (not the first time)
The dance meditation, the technique she was "teaching" was simply clubbing without alcohol. Dance and techno tracks played with the faciliator on the "mixer" like a DJ.
I understand the debiliating effects of alcohol what I don't understand that a lot of these people think they are better than others.
An average person who goes to "normal" clubs will get an amplified effect because the music is louder, there are more people around you and you'll get their happy energy too, the music will vibrate through your body. "Normal" people look for the connection and the letting go too they just found a different outlet.
(obviously not talking about the extremes!)

I used to go to group meditations and retreats but I find it more and more difficult, mainly because majority of the spiritual people are as narrow-minded as everyone else. But the bigger problem is when they think they are superior, "they are on the right path" and you are not.
I got to the point where I think everything you do in your life is good as long as you feel good about, it serves your life purpose and nobody has the right to tell you are doing it wrong. You don't have to do yoga asanas and become a vegan, if you eat meat, you are still a perfect human being. Etc

This is only a rant, everybody is free to think whatever they want, I just had to write about my experience last night because I feel like there is hardly anybody left I could talk too. For average people I am too hippy, for spiritual people I am not well developed yet (You'll get there love-so condescending!)

And the other aspect of my post is I just find it funny how my way of thinking is changing, how I am becoming more Me.

Be the change you want to see in others.

sf
Old 20-11-2018, 01:59 PM
Master
Quote:

I have a point so bear with.

Bruce Lee started Jeet kune do - a martial art that was of no fixed discipline. He took useful techniques from many variations & blended them together.

Thats life & especially spirituality.

Lots of people focus on the "levels" or the grading. They start something from the beginning & wish to earn their stripes in order to become ranked but at times the reasons behind techniques are lost on them.

Some essentially identify AS that thing - I am Christian, a shaman or a vegetarian.

Thats a very blinkered approach to life/spirituality & whilst they will learn things - they are also filtering out other aspects of existence.

A Jahovas Witness will not accept a blood transfusion, a boxer will not throw a kick in a street fight - where they gain in one area they lose in another.

Be natural & free, learn from the world and open your eyes & ears as you apparently are - if you see hypocrisy then you can see far more than many can.

Don't place restrictions upon yourself if you don't have to - even if that's what others are requesting of you. It's not judgemental to witness something first hand despite what others might say.

You're alright as you are treacle.
( yet everyone can be better - thats the game)

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 27-11-2018, 04:28 AM
Master
Dear Evangeline.

I hope that one day, you will return to read what I am about to write, as it is a necessary 'rite of passage' which only the strongest and the bravest of all spiritual adepts can master.

It consists of three words...three little words, and even though many will think I am talking about "I love you" (which also works), the words I have in mind are "yes, you're right".

If you can't say that to every judgmental, critical person (who does not necessarily have to be 'spiritual') without becoming hurt and defensive over your right to pleasure, however you may find it, it means that you still have a lot of work to do in regards to subjugating the ego - but of course, the ego gets a huge thrill out of this anyway. LOL

Now, in no way does this EVER mean that you, or what you are doing is "wrong" because they are "right"...not at all. Personal responsibility and accountability went out with the age of Pisces and all of this elitism, spiritual or otherwise is just part and parcel of the whole idealist paradigm shift, with many still refusing to adapt.

Just because you have verbally acknowledged another's criticism by letting them criticise and not taking it on board, doesn't mean you need to stop doing whatever it is that you enjoy for the sake of another. All you are doing really, is just paying lip service to THEIR ego and then moving forward.

If another says "spiritual people don't listen to heavy metal music" you can always say that you are not spiritual, even though you think/believe you are because, in the end, all that matters is what you do, totally irrespective and often times totally in spite of whatever it is anybody else thinks/believes that you SHOULD be doing.

This is not just limited to "spiritual people" but to everybody in general and if you don't like spiritual people because they judge and criticise, you'll soon find that the whole of humanity has this affliction and in that regard, everybody is "spiritual" and going by your classification, deserves to be disliked.

In this current Aquarian Age of personal entitlement, the only one you need to impress, to seek counsel from is yourself! There is no "right" and "wrong" way and personal responsibility is a matter of individual preference, NOT what another prefers and holds you accountable for, but by continually saying "yes, you're right" and not meaning a damn thing by saying so, shows you are the bigger person...One who still has an ego, but will not get it involved whatsoever in personal trivialities.

Worst case scenario? Others will realise that you won't bend to their will and so they cannot steal your energy...and you'll probably end up having no friends and being alone...That's not so bad, it just takes some getting used to, but it often happens like that so you get to spend more time on yourself and your spiritual practice anyway...So the universe leads you in that direction.

Meanwhile, you get to sit back, eat popcorn and laugh while the lives of others who judged and criticised you all fall apart... until the ego has had enough of doing that as well and either learns compassion or dispassion... either one of those will suffice for spiritual growth.

Peace to you.
Old 27-11-2018, 04:59 AM
Knower
Quote:
For average people I am too hippy, for spiritual people I am not well developed yet (You'll get there love-so condescending!)

I can relate to the feeling. My experience is different in the details, but I could have written a very similar post in tone as you did.

Most humans just want to be socially accepted and don't deep down care about anything else, including about the spiritual and religious practices they participate in. It's often just a way to have a social club. I am so done with that. I rather live 99,9% like a normal person and have 0,1% of some real spirituality, than participate in a performance act designed for getting to live in an illusion of being 100% enlightened. I want something that is real.