Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 22-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Gr4ssh0pp3r

I am real.
Old 23-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Experiencer
It's one's perception of the world which is the illusion because the mind is clouded by desire, attachment, dislike and and delusion .

Old 12-06-2012, 02:05 AM
Master
What is Real?

jturk:
Quote:
if buddhists believe this world is an illusion what do they believe about the real
world or what exactly is the real world to them?

Quote:

Speaking from my own inn Buddha Consciousness, I think there is no belief in the so called real, there is just what IS, and in what IS all beliefs are left behind, because in pure Essence there is no thought, no concepts, just pure Silence.
"When I have taught non-Self, fools uphold the teaching that there is no Self.
The wise know that such is conventional speech, and they are free from doubts."

"When I have taught that the tathagata-garbha is empty, fools meditatively cultivate [the notion] that it is extinction [uccheda], subject to destruction and imperfect. The wise know that it is [actually] unchanging, stable and eternal."
Siddartha Guatama

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 12-06-2012, 02:13 AM
Master
Real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr4ssh0pp3r
I am real.

Regarding reality, and consciousness, Inventor and philosopher Dr. Young has something to say about it's emergence from, "Light":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR8Fk...feature=relmfu

Quote:

I'm real

"Cypher: You know, I know this steak doesn't exist.

I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize?
[Takes a bite of steak]

Cypher: Ignorance is bliss."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 23-08-2012, 07:29 AM
takso

'An illusion is a perceptual disturbance, while a delusion is a belief disturbance.'

What is an existence? What exists is defined as that which can be known. If it cannot be known by the mind, then it does not exist. And things can exist as in fallacy or in reality. And reality can then be sub-divided into conventional reality and ultimate reality.

In the conventional reality, dualism or multiplicity exists. There would be a subject ponders at the other side of the object or matter - phenomenon arises. And phenomenon is thing that appears to or is perceived by senses and therefore, it is empty. From direct experience, we know that humans and things cause pleasure and pain, and that they can help and harm. Therefore, phenomena certainly do exist but the question is how? They do not exist in their own quality but only have an existence dependent upon many factors, including a consciousness that conceptualises them. Thus it is not that you come to understand that the object or phenomenon does not exist but rather, you find that its inherent existence is unfounded. This is the ultimate discovery about the orientation of the nature.

But in the ultimate reality, things do not exist in the ways that concepts and language imply they do. Things would only exist as in deepest facts i.e. it is beyond mind and beyond concepts and words in the sense that it is beyond our usual ways of perceiving things. Existence in the deepest fact would mean no perception, no conception, no label, no boundary, no name, no activity, no shape, no relation, no description, no stereotyping, etc. In the end, no dualism or multiplicity would exist because there is no mind arising as a subject pondering at the other side of the object or matter. Subsequently, there is no dependent arising in the ultimate reality and nothing has ever changed - no beginning, no ending.