Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Apples56

Is my Nan still angry?

This is a question i have been asking myself for the past 6yrs. The last time I spoke to my nan she was angry with me and shouted at me. That was the last time she ever spoke to me. Becasue of family upsets I dont speak to my parents of other members of family. I rarely speak to my sister but she did call me 2 weeks after the phone call to tell me Nan had died of a heart condition. I was mortified. I have never really forgiven myself and feel partly to blame. I never knew she was ill, my sister didnt tell me. For a while after I was cold and grieving. But my question is, Do spirits stay angry after death? Do they forgive?

thank you
Old 30-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Master

The question is, do you think she have forgiven herself? Death brings clarity. Find a medium and have a few words with your Nan.
Old 30-12-2011, 04:01 PM
iolite

Apple..

Post over on the medium thread so someone will be able to tell you. My guess is no, your Nan is not mad at you anymore. If anything, she's probably a bit sad that you didn't get to say good bye to her and that the last time you two spoke, there were angry words spoken.
Old 30-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples56
This is a question i have been asking myself for the past 6yrs. The last time I spoke to my nan she was angry with me and shouted at me. That was the last time she ever spoke to me. Becasue of family upsets I dont speak to my parents of other members of family. I rarely speak to my sister but she did call me 2 weeks after the phone call to tell me Nan had died of a heart condition. I was mortified. I have never really forgiven myself and feel partly to blame. I never knew she was ill, my sister didnt tell me. For a while after I was cold and grieving. But my question is, Do spirits stay angry after death? Do they forgive?

thank you

Hi Apples56,

When we pass into the spirit realm we maintain our intelligence, personality, and memories, the experiences that have made us who we are. I can't speak for your nan, although my experience of communicating with spirit people has taught me that I doubt very much she is holding on to any form of anger or resentment towards you. If anything she will want you to let the whole episode of what happened go and carry on living your life placing blame on no one person.

When we enter the spirit realm, we no longer view things through our physical eyes. Therefore, we can see a little more ahead and view the experience from a different perspective as well as from other people's point of view. This allows for a level of understanding to be gained. From this point we may try to make amendments for the wrongs that we have done or, for those done to us.

I will hazard a guess by saying your nan will more than likely want family members to put aside their differences whilst they are able to whilst here. She will now know it's easier all round to do this, rather than leaving unfinished business, as most of us tend to do.
Old 30-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Administrator
Quote:

thank you

Hello

YES on YES they forgive. We never know when we are going to loose someone and at times the last thing we say to them we regret.

There is something really simple one can do....write a letter to her and say what ye want to say to her....then tear it up or burn it into the wind. In that is it said that Spirits hear us. I have done that for some. I feel their pressence when I do that in a peaceful rejoyce.

Lynn
Old 30-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Master
Quote:

thank you

Do they forgive? Just like they would on Earth they only forgive if they want to.

In the realms of Spirit we can grow to have a larger understanding and be able to see things from a higher perspective. When we do that we can see things differently and understand what happened and be able to move away from it.

If we chose.

That choosing is up to us. The real question, or major concern for you now is whether or not you forgive her and yourself.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Apples56

Thank you for all the replies. You guys have certainly given me something to think about. It would be sad if spirits carried sadness with them. I would like to think they forgive and let everything go. I will have a look at the meduims thread too.

thanks again :)
Old 01-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Administrator
Hi Apples,

You need to forgive yourself you just reacted, your family are the ones who should feel guilty not you, when anyone passes over they are out of pain mobile again if they were imobile etc,
your grandmother can see all sides now and she would appologise to you because now she can see the whole picture, not just one side,
your grandmother just wants to send healing to the whole family, for you all to be one again.
you dont need to carry any guilt on your shoulders anymore, leave it where it is,
guilt will just eat away at you. your grandmother i feel could be very stubborn
and set in her ways. now she sees that she was also wrong. hope this helps

Namaste
Old 01-01-2012, 11:44 AM
iScorpio

I sent you a message apples. I hope I helped. =]
Old 02-01-2012, 01:58 PM
gerrygirl

Quote:

thank you

Hi there, I find your question really lovely, and one very close to home. I can answer you with all honesty, as I speak to spirit often. Yes they do forgive, and some take time to do so.... it very much depends on the person they were when they were alive mostly, and also how long they have been in spirit (if they were a negative entity on earth, but been in spirit to heal for some time, then chances are theyve done much healing).

I can speak from both sides of the coin having departed family who were both loving on earth, and not so on earth. To expain my father crossed in 2001. It really tore me up, like yourself and your departed loved one, we had good and bad days (history so to speak) but it was my father who has been with me and is helping me heal my heart. However my grandmother on my mother's side who I never knew, she died before I was born, has had hooks in me for years, it took a very gifted sharman healer to remove them,.... when I asked him why? He told me 'she was a hateful women in life and she still is in spirit, she believes women are pathetic creatures and they deserve to suffer".... To elaborate, this women tortured my mother from the age of 4 and put her in a mental insituture where she was systematicaly abused, when she came home for holidays back to her mother home (my grandmothers home) she encouraged her sons to abuse my mother and beat her. My mother was insitutionalised to the age of 25 and has suffered many broken bones due to her mother very sad.

I found the best way to make your peace with those in spirit, is to actually open a dialogue with them, from your heart. To sit in meditation, call in your guides as mediators if you feel more comfortable, and send them love, open your heart and talk to them honestly. This frees you of any negative feels toward yoursel, and the loving energy you send also frees them of any negative cords.... its a wonderful thing!

I hope this answers your question.