Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 14-07-2019, 12:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Yes I understand. I’ve always played sport and those times you get an opportunity to put your form into competition was both fun and exciting. And playing in singles championships was always exciting. And a nice reward if you did well.

I guess we have to find things to put in life that are worth going for, that make life worth living, and are also milestones for achievements. For example, people want to climb the highest mountain not because its fun or pleasurable, but because it's hard, painful and challenging and it takes a lot to do it. The platform is my peak and training is the trail there.
Old 14-07-2019, 07:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes I understand. I’ve always played sport and those times you get an opportunity to put your form into competition was both fun and exciting. And playing in singles championships was always exciting. And a nice reward if you did well.

It looks like the coach is picking up. He sent me an app that seems to be used for programming, recording workouts and keeping track of progressive overload. We'll see how this pans out but it looks like a step in the right direction, and I just want to move in the right direction.
Old 16-07-2019, 05:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I guess we have to find things to put in life that are worth going for, that make life worth living, and are also milestones for achievements. For example, people want to climb the highest mountain not because its fun or pleasurable, but because it's hard, painful and challenging and it takes a lot to do it. The platform is my peak and training is the trail there.

Yes. It’s all about creating in ways that allow you to witness your own potential. When you see how far you have come, how you can achieve, in ways you haven’t before you begin to ride that wave until your done. In the end if it’s supportive to the quality of life it’s never wasted. The creative aspect as you shared is exciting and fun even as the hard work was the process to get there.
Old 16-07-2019, 05:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It looks like the coach is picking up. He sent me an app that seems to be used for programming, recording workouts and keeping track of progressive overload. We'll see how this pans out but it looks like a step in the right direction, and I just want to move in the right direction.

That’s great. It seems your co creative partnerships are aligning nicely, even as there are a few little hiccups to get there. It’s all valuable learning.
Old 17-07-2019, 11:57 PM
Master
Quote:
That’s great. It seems your co creative partnerships are aligning nicely, even as there are a few little hiccups to get there. It’s all valuable learning.

It's the way I'm tolerant because I don't know what's going on in people's lives, and the coach could have other things that make my program lower down on his priority list, and I don't want to force him to get distracted from his important things because I pressure him. I just say "I need a planned out long term program to follow so I feel like I have a direction in my training". That way I'm telling him that I will be a long term, reliable, paying client without making demands. I just use the "I" language, and of course he wants long term stable clients. Today he gave me a program and told me about the long term progression he has in mind, so it all came good, but only because I was understanding and patient and communicated my needs. So the lessons are not about 'how I can get what I want'. It is a lesson in first letting everything be the way it is, and then letting people know my what I need and why I need it in a way that that is beneficial to them. This is because competition is not only to win myself, but to create win-win situations.
Old 18-07-2019, 04:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's the way I'm tolerant because I don't know what's going on in people's lives, and the coach could have other things that make my program lower down on his priority list, and I don't want to force him to get distracted from his important things because I pressure him. I just say "I need a planned out long term program to follow so I feel like I have a direction in my training". That way I'm telling him that I will be a long term, reliable, paying client without making demands. I just use the "I" language, and of course he wants long term stable clients. Today he gave me a program and told me about the long term progression he has in mind, so it all came good, but only because I was understanding and patient and communicated my needs. So the lessons are not about 'how I can get what I want'. It is a lesson in first letting everything be the way it is, and then letting people know my what I need and why I need it in a way that that is beneficial to them. This is because competition is not only to win myself, but to create win-win situations.

Patience and tolerance in our asking seems to pay off in ways where we still receive but just more in alignment with the whole unfolding for all. And if we don’t there is always another way or more for us to open too.

You make a good point about letting everything be as it is-this becomes full acceptance. In the many areas of my life now, I do this. My tolerance and intent that each one of us working with my process in some way, also have their own process moving through that, so those direct connections I’m aware of asking but receiving when and how it all comes together. Holding this intention definitely supports everyone where they are.

In being more tolerant, accepting and patient I have others looking into my process at times wondering why I move as I do. One thing the spiritual journey has shown me s that by holding the intent that in my choices and movements, that affect more than myself, it’s this way, that ,serves to support others more than take from them just for personal gain alone. Living in this way I see I’m acting with care for others, rather than caring only for myself.

So when people say to me. “ you just do things so beautifully present with everything without rush and consider so much” I’m not consciously doing anything more just being as I am already aware. It’s surprising to others only because they’ve moved differently during such times and the results of course leaving their mark in ways they see that it could have been done differently.

So really it becomes the nature of ones self awareness and actualized life experience. When your practice becomes you and is lived as you are, and life around you is, then all move as they can and need, regardless of your own needs in the request.
Old 18-07-2019, 05:23 AM
Master

Patience & tolerance indeed are loving attributes which moving from practice become our reflex instinct instead of a conscious mindful exercise ... once we are divine love enabled and choose to prioritise flowing in the current rather than indulging in lower vibrations.

The Universe tests our resolve from time to time and a good thing too that it does! Attention oscillation, observation and consciousness correction follow.

If we so choose.

Old 19-07-2019, 01:51 AM
Master
The whole world is on sale, and because I serve a multinational conglomerate there is a conflict between what is best for the athlete and the hard bottom line. It is an ethical dilemma because I serve the people in the interests of their best benefit and I also serve the company that profits off my endeavour. I don't know how the company mind thinks - to give as little as possible and take as much as it can get, and with a lot of smileys and 'have a great days', nothing is really true on their end. This is not my world, but I still live in it, and that's where everyone lives. I can tell, because they ask what my goals are, and they think I want to buy a house or drive a cool car or have a tropical holiday - but I don;t even think about that. I just want a 170 squat and a 200 deadlift so I work for it, and to train people so they get stronger and be happier. You can't buy these, and sorry, but I am not for sale.
Old 20-07-2019, 02:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I can tell, because they ask what my goals are, and they think I want to buy a house or drive a cool car or have a tropical holiday - but I don;t even think about that. I just want a 170 squat and a 200 deadlift so I work for it, and to train people so they get stronger and be happier. You can't buy these, and sorry, but I am not for sale.
Nothing wrong with the tropics or a tropical holiday, especially at this time of the year.

I don’t know why people say the ocean is calming, duh – try hiking 4km on the beach in the morning, in all that wind and wave action and you just end up feeling like a ‘Flash Gordon’ for the rest of the day – so energized.

Not that it is a competition or anything:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9V3Pj47x4c

Old 20-07-2019, 05:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Nothing wrong with the tropics or a tropical holiday, especially at this time of the year.

I don’t know why people say the ocean is calming, duh – try hiking 4km on the beach in the morning, in all that wind and wave action and you just end up feeling like a ‘Flash Gordon’ for the rest of the day – so energized.

Not that it is a competition or anything:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9V3Pj47x4c

The main difference between what I do and general consumerism is someone who has a ton of money can't buy a heavy lift. It's literally priceless. The real competition is not actually lifting more than another competitor; its lifting more than I did before. The bar just sits there quiet on the floor. It doesn't care if you make or fail the lift. If you do the work for it, the lift is made possible, and there is no other way to progress: training is the only way. Today is not competition day, but because what I do today is what makes the difference, today's training is what counts.

This is how one falls in love with the process of the simple daily grind, determined and deliberate with the continuity of practice.