Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Mr.Whitmore

Past Lives.

Past Lives is something I'm trying to understand. Some of you seem to remember previous lives.

Anyone want to share their knowledge or experiences?
Old 28-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Knower
The best advice I can give you, if you have little knowledge in this area, is to read some of Michael Newton's books - 'Journey of Souls' and 'Destiny of Souls'. Newton is a hypnotist who recorded his sessions with many clients over 35 years and then documented some of this in his first book 'Journey of Souls'. He covers a lot of the concepts associated with what happens when we die, where we go when we die, what we do when we are on the other side and what propels us to reincarnate again. The best money you will ever spend .... and I don't know Newton nor have I ever met him.
Old 28-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Mr.Whitmore

Hmmmm....Thanks...I will.

What else do you know whitefeather?
Old 29-12-2012, 04:58 AM
travelgirlfl

Yes, Michael Newton's books were great. The first book I read on the topic was Brian Weiss' Many Lives, Many Masters which, in my opinion, is written in a lighter way & a good place to start. Also, somewhere in this topic on the forum a movie was mentioned & recommended, I THINK it was called The Flipside, but though I just watched it last week, I can't remember & it's not in my Amazon watch list anymore....it was my first time using Amazon for movies so if someone can tell me how to view my watch history, I'd be happy to look for Mr. Whitmore. But I believe I found it somewhere in the BrainStalin (spelling?) thread in this PL forum if you want to skim through it you could likely find the name that way. I really liked the film & thought it was well done.

Hope a few more resources help you get started on your explorations, Mr. Whitmore, as will just reading through the threads on here that catch your eye. Fascinating topic, isn't it?!
Old 29-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Master

I've had regressions - a couple of regressions and a couple where someone has seen my past-life- a soul retrieval. In a past life, if you are wronged or do a wrong, you lose a part of your soul and so there is the opportunity to integrate.

I would be slightly wary of it all - to be honest. What I have learnt has been transformational and I think we will all find we have past lives where we think "horrible people were mean to me" and then there will be some where we really need to forgive ourselves.

I don't regret my experiences and I may well have more in the future, but for now, the present is the now and the lessons that were presented in past lives are re-presented again and again in this life.

I say be wary - the knowledge I have obtained has given rise to a compassion and understanding - like the horrible person in this life who is vile to me - well I killed him in a previous life. no wonder he has an issue with me. And past boyfriends - well who knows what I did to them for them to cheat / lie / manipulate.

With my father, who passed last June, there is a really sad unresolved element where he knew me in a previous life - I was his son and he wasn't able to protect me such that I died. My father in this life was expecting this son to emerge on my birth but as I was a female he didn't recognise me. Hence a cycle of disappointment and abuse opened up. I can't help but feel desperately sad for him, a lifetime of disappointment. It's not too late to heal that but I went through a terrific grief not so long ago when I was acutely aware of his pain as he realised who I was.

It's very easy to see ourselves as having the moral highground, as having the victim status, of others being wicked and us healing and learning. But the truth is, we are all on different stages of our healing journeys and it would not be possible for us to all experience the same element at the same time. And, all of us I'm sure have dark pasts, it is the other side of the coin of the light.

Look at your now with the humility - have you wronged your perpetrator of the now in a previous life? Chances are - yes. Those who make your flesh crawl - do you need to forgive them something from a past life? Perhaps yes.

Whilst I have details, I would say they are slightly immaterial as if you can look at yourself as being equally culpable in a dynamic that is about learning difficult lessons, then perhaps you can have a chance of forgiving the self and the other, and becoming free of the pattern. The details do help make it easy but do be sure to stay grounded in the now as it is very exciting to get caught in a whirlwind of being Cleopatra or something equally wild.

One way to get started is to sit quietly and ask the truth to come to you.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:24 AM
kaizen

Book1 past life regression

I enjoyed your comment to Mr. Whitmore, this is the subject I'm currently after, spiritual regression. I've studied the books by Dr. Newton and several others with a fine tooth comb. I'm trying to position myself to get regressed, the hypnotherapist here in Missouri stated I should do a past-life session 1st, then move to the LBL. I can't wait, it's all i think about, my life now consist of a multitude of lessons and when i say a multitude that's exactly what it is. I really need someone to talk to, my journey is incredible as with everyone else. I don't how to navigate my way through this site so I'm reaching for help hence the reason I'm reaching out to you. I really have alot to say....well discuss rather. I posses a certain skill and I need to know why it has fell upon, it's deep. When you find a moment please respond back to me, I'm in need of some direction and someone I can talk to who's familiar with my situation. Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Master

Hi kaizen - the best thing to do I think is open up to a variety of good people here, there are parts of your journey that will resonate with one, and then other parts with another. Also it's good to get a balanced view of things rather than what one person's experience is.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Mr.Whitmore

I do have a few quirky beliefs on this subject. I believe that your creative side is the evidence of your past lives. Soul nudges are very hard to understand and or see. Music is what the soul craves....find out what songs "sound" good to you....and find the ones sung in a different language than yours. Your soul will understand it no matter the language.....and will emotionally react to it...then search the lyrics and find out why.

You can put a story together this way....

During your life you must of had songs you loved and sung in your language....but still not understanding the lyrics at all.

Im no expert....and perhaps this is foolish to even try.....but songs can turn your emotions upside down....and there must be a reason.

It's why I like listening to other people's music sooo much.

As a child, what did you play with.....can you recall your imagination because that is the time of your life when past life memories are most vivid. Try to remeber your toys...where you played...and how.

Quirky or what!!!!???
Old 01-01-2013, 02:02 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Whitmore
I do have a few quirky beliefs on this subject. I believe that your creative side is the evidence of your past lives. Soul nudges are very hard to understand and or see. Music is what the soul craves....find out what songs "sound" good to you....and find the ones sung in a different language than yours. Your soul will understand it no matter the language.....and will emotionally react to it...then search the lyrics and find out why.

You can put a story together this way....

During your life you must of had songs you loved and sung in your language....but still not understanding the lyrics at all.

Im no expert....and perhaps this is foolish to even try.....but songs can turn your emotions upside down....and there must be a reason.

It's why I like listening to other people's music sooo much.

As a child, what did you play with.....can you recall your imagination because that is the time of your life when past life memories are most vivid. Try to remeber your toys...where you played...and how.

Quirky or what!!!!???

This makes sense to me..going through a deeper level of awakening, I recall listening to a new album that came out around the time of my awakening. It was in a perfect synchronistic alignment with me on so many levels. I recall one song that I played took me into another time and place. The story opened up to allow me to see why it was so incredibly painful in my loss..I can connect to feel that sadness all over again...it was so clear at the time.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:10 PM
silent whisper

Another around that same time, was a dream of me on a boat (true mr boat builder)..I fell into the ocean and alongside me were old trunks that obviously were reminescent of an era long long ago.....I drowned in that space along with others. The next day, I had a healing done and my friend picked up a past life where I drowned whilst travelling on a boat that sunk. I was a psychic and I warned the crew it was going to sink. No one believed me and we all perished..I think my healing was about acknowledgement of my own gifts..So my dreamer opened up my past life/connection to help me face the emotional blockages in this life.