Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-03-2019, 08:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Those who compare themselves with others may well feel envy or anger or hurt when other people enjoy good fortune while they experience limitation.

As we progress on the spiritual journey then joy and love arise spontaneously from within, independent of whatever is going on with other people.

It is a simple truth that the more we forget our small selves and our personal concerns then the happier we are.

Peace.
You experiencing spiritual joy and love is you having a slice of that pleasant cake of life..
You forgetting your small self and replacing it with a higher self still means you, a doer, an experiencer is in enjoyment.
Old 18-03-2019, 09:14 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
We may enjoy other people's happiness and love but if you got nothing of it yourself you will not feel happy about it. This is why disadvantaged people may look with anger towards well off people and why depressed people are hurt when they see others in happiness..

This may be true for some and it is sad for them, really. I doubt it is true of everyone by the way - whether they are depressed or "disadvantaged". There are positive mindsets, values and energies in anyone - across class, status or condition.

JL
Old 18-03-2019, 09:17 PM
janielee

Quote:
You forgetting your small self and replacing it with a higher self still means you, a doer, an experiencer is in enjoyment.

This post reminds me of a group of people eating a cake and one person cursing others angrily - you enjoying this JUST MEANS that

Let there be joy, Altair and let the arm chair philosophers critique.

JL
Old 18-03-2019, 09:19 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Whichever way you might cut it, unless the person is living totally alone and with no contact with other human beings, it's also about how they affect others around them because of how they are. For me it's not about the reasons people are sad or not or what they do with it, it's realising how inter-connected we really are.

When me being happy makes you happy and vice versa? When I care as much for your Spirituality or more than I do for my own?

I watched After Life (Ricky Gervais) recently. In the last episode someone said "Happiness is important. It doesn't have to be your own"

Seeing joy is nice, IMO.

JL
Old 18-03-2019, 11:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
May I ask how you remodel and anchor energies, out of curiosity? If you are open to comment.

Namaste

JL

What I do I don't do consciously, I just know what to do, and when.

Besides 20 years of preparing this body to handle certain energies.
Old 18-03-2019, 11:39 PM
Master
Quote:
What about time stopping? Love living? These things feel so magical Rah nam.

I see - intent can create {?} influence ? events.

so intent matters?

Namaste.

PS "Nothing is ever unexpected" - to me it has been :)

What works for the creator, creative force, godhead, (yes there is something that could be called godhead [not in this uni-verse]) has to work for us, we are one, part of the same.
Old 19-03-2019, 03:15 AM
janielee

Thanks Rah Nam.

Namaste

JL
Old 19-03-2019, 07:37 AM
Master
Quote:
This post reminds me of a group of people eating a cake and one person cursing others angrily - you enjoying this JUST MEANS that

Let there be joy, Altair and let the arm chair philosophers critique.

JL
Nobody said you can’t have it. You take things personally and not focus on what I’m saying. If you don’t want to discuss it then don’t respond maybe?

It seems you are unwilling to acknowledge that spirituality too is about individual pleasure and joy. There is nithing wrong with it being so, but denial of this and imagining you’re somehow not doing it for yourself is delusional.
Old 19-03-2019, 08:19 AM
Master
Quote:
I watched After Life (Ricky Gervais) recently. In the last episode someone said "Happiness is important. It doesn't have to be your own"

Seeing joy is nice, IMO.

JL
Yes it is nice, but accepting it as nice, which is a value judgement, will depend on your oen state of being..
If you do accept it and ‘like’ it it’s because you are happy too in that moment. This is central, and it’s not always possible. People aren’t perfect saints.
Old 19-03-2019, 12:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Nobody said you can’t have it. You take things personally and not focus on what I’m saying. If you don’t want to discuss it then don’t respond maybe?

It seems you are unwilling to acknowledge that spirituality too is about individual pleasure and joy. There is nithing wrong with it being so, but denial of this and imagining you’re somehow not doing it for yourself is delusional.

I actually often read your posts and feel your energy being more in the ‘taking it personal’ vibe. Doesn’t bother me at all, but when I read this, I thought I might make mention. It’s not something recent, I’ve been noticing it for a while when I’m in your vicinity.