Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 23-01-2019, 11:11 PM
Experiencer

being and awareness are inseparable

It can help to see the inseparability of one's BEING and one's AWARENESS.

Ramakrishna referred to being, awareness, and joy (sat-chit-ananda) as indivisible. He said they're like water and wetness.

They're part of each other.
Old 27-01-2019, 02:26 PM
Water and wetness, ha!
Like the Sun and it's rays.

Love Ramakrishna....got more?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-01-2019, 07:59 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Love Ramakrishna....got more?[/color]

'God-consciousness is ten million times more blissful than sexual experience.' -Ramakrishna as quoted by Lex Hixon in Great Swan

To me that seems dubious, but perhaps Ramakrishna had experienced such a joy, or at least believed he had.

Tbh I personally can't say whether his statement is valid or complete bogus because I haven't found God-consciousness.
Old 28-01-2019, 09:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
'God-consciousness is ten million times more blissful than sexual experience.' -Ramakrishna as quoted by Lex Hixon in Great Swan

To me that seems dubious, but perhaps Ramakrishna had experienced such a joy, or at least believed he had.

You mean sexual experience?

Quote:
Tbh I personally can't say whether his statement is valid or complete bogus because I haven't found God-consciousness.

Strange comparison, though.
Old 29-01-2019, 02:17 AM
Experiencer

Thanks Gem.

I guess Ramakrishna was just trying to express the degree of joy he had experienced. In the Bible, they sometimes compare the joy of Heaven to being intoxicated by alcohol, maybe because that's a form of pleasure many people have experienced. In the quote from Ramakrishna, he compares the bliss of God-consciousness to sexual experience, which for many people is definitely the most extreme form of pleasure they've experienced.

Saying that God-consciousness is 'ten million' times more blissful than sexual experience is certainly an extreme assertion.
Old 29-01-2019, 03:19 AM
Master
Hello HS !

God consciousness or Oneness has been expressed by many who have so been ... been and so seen or some may choose to say seen so been

That’s the problem. The expression, the delineation serves no use for the person reading the symbols because we need to become That to realise That. It is a becoming.

For example, if someone were to say, yes, the ecstasy is indeed ineffable, wondrous and undiminishing what of this statement? It may validate or needlessly reaffirm what the speaker knows as lived reality but it will convey nothing of value to the other ... except if there is someone who has had a glimpse, experienced a whiff of the Oneness, then it may spur him as a nondoer to stay steadfast upon the inner journey.

Old 29-01-2019, 05:19 AM
Experiencer

Unseeking Seeker,

I know what you mean about statements like the one I quoted being somewhat useless or unhelpful to people. I've always been skeptical about ideas like 'infinite bliss,' and my own journey definitely hasn't been motivated by a desire to achieve such a state.
Old 29-01-2019, 05:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Unseeking Seeker,

I know what you mean about statements like the one I quoted being somewhat useless or unhelpful to people. I've always been skeptical about ideas like 'infinite bliss,' and my own journey definitely hasn't been motivated by a desire to achieve such a state.

Ah! The penny drops! The intent was not to say that ineffable bliss is not, what was meant is that the beingness in such a state cannot be explained or proved to the analytical biscectional mind. It is cognisable by employing intuition. The ego however resists cultivation of our intuitive ability since there is no separate self as in an egoic doer during meditation which requires the ego to disappear and us, meaning non-ego self childlike presence to first accentuate, then rest Satvik frequency intuitive attention. Effortlessly, magnetically.

It may be affirmed with certainty that an indescribable bliss as portrayed IS.

Old 29-01-2019, 05:56 AM
Experiencer

Thanks US.

You're probably right imo.

Nice connecting with you.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:59 PM
Quote:
'God-consciousness is ten million times more blissful than sexual experience.' -Ramakrishna ....
To me that seems dubious,...
Yeah, it's more like 1000xs.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru